• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Georgia vs Alabama 8pm (ET) espn

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Lol, he can’t coach there forever! He needs another challenge! NFL is around the corner for him, He failed in his last attempt, he’s not gonnna turn down the challenge...

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, he can’t coach there forever! He needs another challenge! NFL is around the corner for him, He failed in his last attempt, he’s not gonnna turn down the challenge...
We've heard this from the moment he took the job at Alabama. No, he can't coach forever, the man is 66 and will be 67 on halloween. But Saban isn't going anywhere, I'd be shocked if he took another job when he's done at Alabama. He loves coaching college kids and having a positive influence on their lives and shaping them.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have.

It's gotta be heartbreaking. He worked and worked all year long to get the team here only to have it taken away at the end.
You know I cannot stand Nick Saben, absolutely cannot stand him, and always wish failure upon him but I could not bring myself to root for that kicker to miss that short field goal in regulation knowing how he would feel and how people at school on Monday would react to him. Consequently, in OT I didn't mind Bama winning just for the sake of that poor kicker.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is sort of true and if he does that again then that's a problem.

But the main reason they lost is because alabama is and always was the best team in the nation. Georgia was not going to win this game at any point- they had a lead that made it look like they should, but alabama felt very comfortable and georgia did not.

A loss like this of course presents a big psychological challenge to them going forward into future seasons (some teams don't ever get over things like this for long periods of time) but I think they have a lot to learn and should be a very strong team for a while. The offense could have been a little more creative down the stretch but at the same time the defense could not stop Tua and that's also an issue. The play that changed the game was the deflected INT because THAT was the play where you realized they had lost control of the game and were screwing up.

It happens. Kirby will learn, he's not quite Saban but he is brighter than most. If it happens again then you start reading into it.
Agreed. I never thought Georgia would win. They let Bama hang in there long enough for Bama's QB to throw that lucky 4th down TD pass that somehow got through everyone and into Ridleyy's hands. Smart let his team down by running the ball every time into a superior Bama defense and going three and out.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I cannot stand Nick Saben, absolutely cannot stand him, and always wish failure upon him but I could not bring myself to root for that kicker to miss that short field goal in regulation knowing how he would feel and how people at school on Monday would react to him. Consequently, in OT I didn't mind Bama winning just for the sake of that poor kicker.

I did, because if he hit it the conversation would have been about the phantom offside on the punt block, the missed false start on the tying TD, and the missed facemask. Kicker shank gave a little luck back to Georgia

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is sort of true and if he does that again then that's a problem.

But the main reason they lost is because alabama is and always was the best team in the nation. Georgia was not going to win this game at any point- they had a lead that made it look like they should, but alabama felt very comfortable and georgia did not.

A loss like this of course presents a big psychological challenge to them going forward into future seasons (some teams don't ever get over things like this for long periods of time) but I think they have a lot to learn and should be a very strong team for a while. The offense could have been a little more creative down the stretch but at the same time the defense could not stop Tua and that's also an issue. The play that changed the game was the deflected INT because THAT was the play where you realized they had lost control of the game and were screwing up.

It happens. Kirby will learn, he's not quite Saban but he is brighter than most. If it happens again then you start reading into it.
BULL FUCKING SHIT

Georgia was the better team that game and looked dominate at times. You guys blew it. Don't act like you lost to a better team or a better game plan. YOU BLEW IT.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg does a good job breaking down the TD pass to win the game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've heard this from the moment he took the job at Alabama. No, he can't coach forever, the man is 66 and will be 67 on halloween. But Saban isn't going anywhere, I'd be shocked if he took another job when he's done at Alabama. He loves coaching college kids and having a positive influence on their lives and shaping them.

I have no doubt he loves coaching the kids up, he's dam good at it also.. BUT, that competitive side is gonna call, he's gonna want to have one more shot at building an NFL program and possibly getting a Super-Bowl title... If I had to lay bets, I'd bet that he's gonna give it one more go....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, no sarcasm... He'll be coaching the NFL in the next couple years, that's my prediction...

You do realize people have said this literally every single year for the past 11 years right?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt he loves coaching the kids up, he's dam good at it also.. BUT, that competitive side is gonna call, he's gonna want to have one more shot at building an NFL program and possibly getting a Super-Bowl title... If I had to lay bets, I'd bet that he's gonna give it one more go....

By what year? I'll take that bet.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, no sarcasm... He'll be coaching the NFL in the next couple years, that's my prediction...
Why in the hell would any top CFB coach want to go to the NFL? Job security is super low.

He's at Bama until he retires. I doubt he cares about "proving" himself in the NFL. He's already proved to be the best college coach of ALL TIME.

I don't see it at all man. Colin Cowherd has made some good points on why coaching college ball is better than being a NFL coach.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell would any top CFB coach want to go to the NFL? Job security is super low.

He's at Bama until he retires. I doubt he cares about "proving" himself in the NFL. He's already proved to be the best college coach of ALL TIME.

I don't see it at all man. Colin Cowherd has made some good points on why coaching college ball is better than being a NFL coach.

He isn't going anywhere and anyone who thinks otherwise is either trolling, or just doesn't pay attention.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy money

Saban says his next stop is to his lake house to watch the ducks shit on his yard.

That's what he tells the players when they piss him off for not trying hard enough in practice.