• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Georgia vs Alabama 8pm (ET) espn

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likes having an impact on kids learning the game of football and doesn't like dealing with the bullshit of rich NFL players.

He says this like over and over and over. And he wants to keep doing it as long as he can do it while having success.

But guess what you want I suppose.

OH no doubt, he's good at reaching those young men, I"m sure he does love it, but he's also a competitor and he was considered an NFL failure as a coach... that's gonna stoke the fire, I could be wrong of course, but I just think it's gonna happen...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if Saban is given full control, No GM can screw him over with sub par talent, he can run the program, that's what Pete Carroll has done with the Seahawks, that was one of his demands when Seattle hired him... Sure Seattle has a GM, but Pete has the final say with roster moves... Saban can demand that...

It's not the same, it's been offered to him in the past already and he turns it down over and over. At most he'll get another raise from Alabama, which he deserves anyway.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH no doubt, he's good at reaching those young men, I"m sure he does love it, but he's also a competitor and he was considered an NFL failure as a coach... that's gonna stoke the fire, I could be wrong of course, but I just think it's gonna happen...

The NFL sucks and many people don't think it means a damn thing. He didn't leave the NFL for Alabama because he wasn't having success, there is a reason Miami fans were pissed he left. And it's the same reason his name comes up for NFL HC jobs constantly.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if Saban is given full control, No GM can screw him over with sub par talent, he can run the program, that's what Pete Carroll has done with the Seahawks, that was one of his demands when Seattle hired him... Sure Seattle has a GM, but Pete has the final say with roster moves... Saban can demand that...

giphy.gif

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL sucks and many people don't think it means a damn thing. He didn't leave the NFL for Alabama because he wasn't having success, there is a reason Miami fans were pissed he left. And it's the same reason his name comes up for NFL HC jobs constantly.

9-7 his first season at Miami .... 6-10 his second season ... I highly doubt Miami fans were freaking out at the time, he wasn't known as a genius coach like he is today....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-7 his first season at Miami .... 6-10 his second season ... I highly doubt Miami fans were freaking out at the time, he wasn't known as a genius coach like he is today....

Do you know the circumstances around the 2 seasons?

His first season they started out a little rough, but then went to win 6 in a row to finish the season with a win over NE and almost made the playoffs.

Then he wanted to get Brees, but the Miami doctors wouldn't clear him and he got stuck with Culpepper who had a knee injury but did get cleared by the doctors. They had to bench him 4 games into the season and put him on the IR. So they started the season 1-6. Then they won 4 in a row beating the Bears team that made it to the super bowl and got back in the playoff hunt again, before losing a few more while ending the season on the 3rd string QB - good defense, but offense wasn't.

It was seen as him having them heading in the right direction.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Alabama fans sure get butt-hurt with the thought of him leaving don't you... lol Jesus
Not butthurt, just like calling out retards when convenient. We've been hearing the same "Saban to so and so!" for like 8 years. Never fails tho, every season some retard feels he's gonna leave and is disappointed when he doesn't. Either way, welcome to the pack of retards. :yo:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Alabama fans sure get butt-hurt with the thought of him leaving don't you... lol Jesus

Actually we debate more about when he will retire among ourselves. I take rumors of other schools way more seriously than I do any NFL rumors - because I've seen the mans personality and what he likes for the past 11 years.

Just telling you why you don't know what you are talking about is all.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know the circumstances around the 2 seasons?

His first season they started out a little rough, but then went to win 6 in a row to finish the season with a win over NE and almost made the playoffs.

Then he wanted to get Brees, but the Miami doctors wouldn't clear him and he got stuck with Culpepper who had a knee injury but did get cleared by the doctors. They had to bench him 4 games into the season and put him on the IR. So they started the season 1-6. Then they won 4 in a row beating the Bears team that made it to the super bowl and got back in the playoff hunt again, before losing a few more while ending the season on the 3rd string QB - good defense, but offense wasn't.

It was seen as him having them heading in the right direction.

Not butthurt, just like calling out retards when convenient. We've been hearing the same "Saban to so and so!" for like 8 years. Never fails tho, every season some retard feels he's gonna leave and is disappointed when he doesn't. Either way, welcome to the pack of retards. :yo:

Saban is a little bit more of a hot commodity as a coach right now winning so many titles, so saying you've been saying this for 8 years is a little.... retarded... I think he's a little more recognized now, wouldn't you say ?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is a little bit more of a hot commodity as a coach right now winning so many titles, so saying you've been saying this for 8 years is a little.... retarded... I think he's a little more recognized now, wouldn't you say ?

:lol: @ thinking saban is more recognized now. Saban has been a hot commodity for over a decade.

He is the highest paid coach in all of football and has been for awhile. Gruden's deal with Oakland is still less than what Saban makes at Alabama. Gruden is 10 million a year, Saban's is 11.1 million a year(plus he probably just got another 700k in bonuses) - and he'll probably get another raise this offseason.

Hell, if not for the Gruden deal, Dabo @ Clemson would also make more money than any NFL head coach. He makes 8.5 million a year with another 1 million in potential bonuses(probably got a little of that this year).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe how this game ended. What a fucking play.

Alabama never lead a single second of this game except they very last one.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
view i hadn't seen.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ thinking saban is more recognized now. Saban has been a hot commodity for over a decade.

He is the highest paid coach in all of football and has been for awhile. Gruden's deal with Oakland is still less than what Saban makes at Alabama. Gruden is 10 million a year, Saban's is 11.1 million a year(plus he probably just got another 700k in bonuses) - and he'll probably get another raise this offseason.

Hell, if not for the Gruden deal, Dabo @ Clemson would also make more money than any NFL head coach. He makes 8.5 million a year with another 1 million in potential bonuses(probably got a little of that this year).

Yeah I know man he was just as sought after 8 years ago ... LOL!! You make perfect sense...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know man he was just as sought after 8 years ago ... LOL!! You make perfect sense...

If he was the highest paid football coach 8 years ago what would that say?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua's first name is actually....

Tuanigamanuolepola

:shocked:

I think I'll stick to Tua.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you run this through your mind before you typed it, or just blurt it out? Maybe you should think before typing.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I wouldn't say. He's been a high paid, hot commodity since turning around LSU, at the very least.