• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Geno Auriemma upset

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Geno is mad because there was not a WBB championship game thread created on sportshoopla. Geno pointed out there was a MBB championship thread, and considering men's basketball is a joke, Geno wanted to know where the discussion was about the womens title game.

He's got a point, it'd be a great discussion on here to talk about all the missed lay ups and missed open shots. Also the slow pace of getting back on defense and not seeing the concept of denial defense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WCBB is a waste of time.

Who actually watch that garbage to see UCONN win every single year?

I'm not in the least bit impressed by his 10 titles

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you coaches womens bball, all you'd need to teach is....fundamentals of rebounding, fundamentals of lay ups, and a tad bit of physical defense and you'd win 10 titles like Geno.

In fact. If you've ever volunteered to coach 6th grade boys basketball, you have the skills and coaching resume to coach WCBB.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if it was your school winning all those championships you'd be throwing out bouquets.

CONGRATS UCONN!!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he coaches vaginas

he has a massive inferiority complex because no one cares about his under the rim titles in the skirt game.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not exciting in a dunks-and-crossovers-and-hero-ball type of way.

But these girls can play. The ball movement, post action, and shooting are much better than what you see in the mens game.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you coaches womens bball, all you'd need to teach is....fundamentals of rebounding, fundamentals of lay ups, and a tad bit of physical defense and you'd win 10 titles like Geno.

If this was said with 100% seriousness then it is one of the most ignorant comments I've ever seen.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But these girls can play. The ball movement, post action, and shooting are much better than what you see in the mens game.

Jumpshots are great. They probably shoot as well or better than the men from a standstill. And that lead guard for UConn really had the ball on a string.

But finishing at the basket on the move was brutal. Missed layups when uncontested and total bricks when contested at all. Passing on the move was also a tenuous proposition. And that was the two best teams in the country playing for all the marbles.

Just from a pure basketball standpoint, probably lower in quality than any Mens D-I game that happened this year.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jumpshots are great. They probably shoot as well or better than the men from a standstill.

Finishing at the basket on the move was brutal though. Missed layups when uncontested and total bricks when contested at all. Passing on the move was also a tenuous proposition. And that was the two best teams in the country playing for all the marbles.

Just from a pure basketball standpoint, probably lower in quality than any Mens D-I game that happened this year.

Definitely. The two big things that the women struggle with are getting off a shot (they need more space than the men do) and finishing at the rim.

When you tune into a womens game sporadically or for the first time in awhile... those things can be very distracting and hard to see past.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Geno is mad because there was not a WBB championship game thread created on sportshoopla. Geno pointed out there was a MBB championship thread, and considering men's basketball is a joke, Geno wanted to know where the discussion was about the womens title game.

He's got a point, it'd be a great discussion on here to talk about all the missed lay ups and missed open shots. Also the slow pace of getting back on defense and not seeing the concept of denial defense.

This is what happens when your sports knowledge is exposed to years of nothing but estrogen.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't disagree with this but WCBB is one sided. Watching a sport where you know who's going be in the championship game/win the title every year is garbage. I'm not impressed when there is no other team on your level yearly and at most you have maybe 2 or 3 teams who can stay within 15 points of you. To see them kill every team by nearly 40 is a joke. If WCBB was more competitive he would get much more credit from me

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with this but WCBB is one sided. Watching a sport where you know who's going be in the championship game/win the title every year is garbage. I'm not impressed when there is no other team on your level yearly and at most you have maybe 2 or 3 teams who can stay within 15 points of you. To see them kill every team by nearly 40 is a joke. If WCBB was more competitive he would get much more credit from me

Definitely. This year especially. It hasn't really been the case over the last 3-5 years. There have been 2 or 3 other teams on their level. Even then, though, when the number of teams that are capable of playing competitively with you can be counted on 1 hand... it makes a title run much easier.