• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 6/27 Dogs @ Timmeh's

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheduling was pretty good to us when we faced them Kemp-less just now.

But I hear ya. Long season, various injury and scheduling quirks will create narratives. In the end I think they will compete all year, you don't. We'll see! Hope you're right and I'm wrong, once again.

This is a debate which won't have a clear "winner" until the end of the season.

Likely conclusions:
Dodgers fade and most of the board throws popcorn at msg for trying to get us to worry about the dogs.

Dodgers remain in contention til the last week, msg points how he read the tea leaves well ahead of the experts and pundits

the unspeakable happens and msg is disgusted with himself for being right to worry about the dogs all along

It's been a historic season already with a perfect game and a complete series shut out, so I opt for a collapse of epic proportions for those blue f*ckers

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Likely conclusions:
Dodgers fade and most of the board throws popcorn at msg for trying to get us to worry about the dogs.

Dodgers remain in contention til the last week, msg points how he read the tea leaves well ahead of the experts and pundits

the unspeakable happens and msg is disgusted with himself for being right to worry about the dogs all along

It's been a historic season already with a perfect game and a complete series shut out, so I opt for a collapse of epic proportions for those blue f*ckers

At least once a day.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least once a day.

If you're looking for someone to hand your Board Know-It-All crown to, you're going to have to keep looking.

So, 98% chance the Giants win the West, right?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you're looking for someone to hand your Board Know-It-All crown to, you're going to have to keep looking.

We're at 55.5% to win the west, right now. And 89.6 wins, which is .6 wins away from my preseason prediction, IIRC.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whoa easy there tiger. No one's saying the West has been decided. We were just commenting on the quality of smoke and mirrors they have there in LA. Made of the finest stuff.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The way I look at it is if the Dodgers didn't start that fast sprint in the beginning of the season, they would be treading water right now and hanging for dear life. Their schedule is about to get seriously fucked and they're just hoping on hope they can maintain with the Giants right now.

After the all-star break they catch a breather in LA with the Padres still sucking donkey balls and the Phillies going to LA on a tail-spin of their own. But after that, it's back to the grind on a 10 game road schedule @Mets, @St. Luis, and @Giants. Even with Kemp back by that time, that's a tough road trip.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa easy there tiger. No one's saying the West has been decided. We were just commenting on the quality of smoke and mirrors they have there in LA. Made of the finest stuff.

Well, homey was commenting on me overdoing it, which I don't think I have been. Man, for all I know the Dodgers suck ass and no amount of Kemps or deadline deals will save them from a 75 win season.

I think they got this far with good pitching more than smoke and mirrors. That pitching could easily regress (Capuano we're lookin at you). But if it holds up they could hang with us a while.

Hope. I'm. Wrong.

Although it's fun when the G-men and Dogs are both good and their games mean something.

Anyway, I'm done discussing those blue fucks. It will be what it will be.

Go Giants! :usa2:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, homey was commenting on me overdoing it, which I don't think I have been. Man, for all I know the Dodgers suck ass and no amount of Kemps or deadline deals will save them from a 75 win season.

I think they got this far with good pitching more than smoke and mirrors. That pitching could easily regress (Capuano we're lookin at you). But if it holds up they could hang with us a while.

Hope. I'm. Wrong.

Although it's fun when the G-men and Dogs are both good and their games mean something.

Anyway, I'm done discussing those blue fucks. It will be what it will be.

Go Giants! :usa2:

lol

Actually capuano is the one guy with track record to hold up his end.

(we'll party if you're wrong , too :D)

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Likely conclusions:

It's been a historic season already with a perfect game and a complete series shut out, so I opt for a collapse of epic proportions for those blue f*ckerschticks

Get your popcorn ready, folks. Nice call Anthem.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Probably not two. The good news for the doyers is that they're heavy in pitching. Two top notch prospects in Zach Lee (who I think is going to be very good) and Allen Webster -- both RHP. Not much hitting outside of Pederson, who isn't a blue chipper. The bad news is that their most tradeable prospect is now in the rotation (Eovaldi) and they're looking to be buyers, not sellers.

My guess is that the market is going to demand more than the doyers can reasonably give up. Looking at their roster, they need help at 3B, SS, 1B and SP. I'm figuring about 8 teams are going to for sure be sellers: KC, MIN, OAK, SEA, HOU, CHC, COL, and SD. Here's who might interest the doyers, and probably will be availabe --

KC -- Paulino SP
MIN -- Plouffe 3B
OAK -- Colon SP, McCarthy SP
SEA -- nada
HOU -- Lowrie SS, Lee 1B, Rodriguez SP
CHC -- LaHair 1B, Dempster SP
COL -- Scutaro SS, Helton 1B
SD -- Headley 3B, Richard SP, Volquez SP

Bolded are the guys I figure will cost a lot. Any of those guys are going to take Zach Lee plus. The doyers don't have anyone really appealing on their ML roster that they'd give up (e.g. Eovaldi). So it's going to be Zach Lee plus (Webster or Reed or Gould or taking on a good chunk of change).

I'm hoping the Gs look into Mijares from the Royals, but I've a feeling if SabeySabes calls they won't answer anyway.

Whoa!