• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game with the most surprising outcome

Discuss

• Vikings @ Panthers

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Cardinals @ Bills

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Steelers @ Eagles

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Jets @ Chiefs

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT/BUF...I picked PIT and AZ, so I can't say otherwise, but the margins blew me away. I only saw highlights of the BUF win, but every time it was a score for BUF....in the Steeler game, PIT blew some chances to score early, but it was just a runaway freight train in the 3Q.

MIN/CAR...I think I mentioned in the lock of the week folder I liked MIN to cover. Very good DEF and the CAR OL is not built to handle a known pass rush.

Well we have seen the teams that Carolina struggles against most are the ones that can get home with just the front-4. That means they can have an extra guy just to spy on Cam and still hold up on the back end. Not many teams have that ability but for the Panthers they have played maybe their two worst match ups of the year already and both of those teams have made life very difficult for Cam.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go with the Vikings game. Didn't see that coming at all

I thought that defense showed something against your Pack no?
I thought Peterson's injury woulda given the Panthers a win but wasn't as shocked as the league's best offense getting beat by Philly ...

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EASILY the Bills Blowout win for me

I would have put good odds on Rex Ryan being fired last night

No Sammy Watkins on an already awful receiving corps

That was the shocker for me

The Minny dominance surprised me, but not the W

Same with the Steelers and Eagles

Everything about the Bills game shocked me

I agree...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have seen the teams that Carolina struggles against most are the ones that can get home with just the front-4. That means they can have an extra guy just to spy on Cam and still hold up on the back end. Not many teams have that ability but for the Panthers they have played maybe their two worst match ups of the year already and both of those teams have made life very difficult for Cam.

I watched most of the MIN @ CAR game...I was on the grill too so I may have missed some action, but I contend and have for some time that the CAR OC/Rivera are not that great for the talent they on the roster...Cam is clearly a good runner, but him on half dz or designed runs just bogs down the OFC imo. I like him on designed runs when you can get 6 out of it or a key 1st down.

As I mentioned...CAR does not have a great pass protection OL, and they run too many plays that expose the OTs...once MIN made it a 2 possession game in the 2nd half...they were able to exploit those OTs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched most of the MIN @ CAR game...I was on the grill too so I may have missed some action, but I contend and have for some time that the CAR OC/Rivera are not that great for the talent they on the roster...Cam is clearly a good runner, but him on half dz or designed runs just bogs down the OFC imo. I like him on designed runs when you can get 6 out of it or a key 1st down.

As I mentioned...CAR does not have a great pass protection OL, and they run too many plays that expose the OTs...once MIN made it a 2 possession game in the 2nd half...they were able to exploit those OTs.

The Panthers are not a team built to play from behind. Last year we saw them just dirt roll teams early on most games and just never have to worry about that OL being exposed. We saw in the Super Bowl and now a couple of games this year that they just can't get into a game where they are forced to throw and teams know it.

And yeah I agree that coaching staff is not top notch. They have talent in bundles on that roster and just especially this year are struggling to live up to that. There are a few teams around the league I would say the same thing. Coaching makes a bigger difference than people like to admit.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotta be the Bills. The Eagles were 2-0 going into the Steelers game and had looked pretty good, so it was a surprise but maybe not a shocker IMO.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotta be the Bills. The Eagles were 2-0 going into the Steelers game and had looked pretty good, so it was a surprise but maybe not a shocker IMO.

I guess to me it all depends by what you mean by the word "outcome." I'm not shocked that the Eagles won at home even against a good opponent. They have shown well this year and the rookie has shown this game is not too big for him. Winning by that much and holding that offense to only 3 points though has to be quite the shock. Most figured the Steelers offense would be the best in the league this year. Now I know they are still missing a couple of pieces because of suspension but still you expect such a potent offense to put up more than 3 points in a game. So that is why to me just the final score and the way that game went shocked me a bit more.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All but Jets @ Chiefs