• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (NFC Championship Game 2014) 49ERS @ SEATTLE

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
a stat is a stat....

If i got this right via NFC playbook:

Since 1980, 8x there has been a conference championship where it has two of the top 3 defenses play against each other.

In all 8x, the winner goes on to become the Super Bowl Champion...

lucky 9!!!

wly.gif

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just re-watched the September game. I am not worried about the game this weekend. I respect the Hawks but I know we have a team that can beat them. After re-watching the Sept game, I'm less worried provided we execute like we have been the last several weeks. We are a DRASTICALLY different team than last go around. I'll try to summarize in a logical manner.

INJURIES: We lost Ian Williams in this game, VD hurt his hammy, and Reid played just a little less than one half due to a concussion leaving Dahl at safety (YIKES)
WRs: Marlon Moore and Kyle Williams (neither still on team) were our WRs besides Boldin. (DOUBLE YIKES).
PENALTIES: 12/121 including an unnecessary holding in the end zone leading to a safety.
RETURN YARDAGE: We have to contain Tate better this game, especially with their O struggling. We can't give them short fields.

Wilson IS NOT accurate when under pressure and contained in the pocket. I was shocked how poorly he threw when we pressured him which was frequently in the first half. He's deadly when he scrambles and gets out of contain. He either runs for a first or finds the WIDE open receivers when coverage breaks down.

We drove the ball early and had some momentum. A deflected ball INT killed a very promising drive that should have yielded points.

Seattle's D isn't really that fast in my opinion when Kaep got loose. They seemed much slower in pursuit than Carolina, Arizona, or several other teams we've played.

Seattle did nothing in the first half. 2 of their 5 points were the safety and they had a FG after "driving" the ball an impressive 17 yards. In fact, 13 of their 29 points came from 25 yards of Offensive drives. Two more came from the safety. They did have two 80 yard drives in the second half after Reid left the game.....coincidence? Aso was also at CB in this game and not Brock.

1st half SEA drives
Blocked punt
Int (Reid)
Punt
Punt
Downs
FG
Punt
Half

We lost track of Lynch a couple of times including a wide open TD when we blitzed. I could have made that throw.

It was 12-0 with 9 minutes left in the third. We had another really good drive going and at 6:36 McDonald crushed Sherman running after the catch. He's really a poor tackler and McD leveled him. At 4:58 we had 3rd and goal AGAIN and we had to settle for a FG. On that play Sherman was the only DB on that side of the field with Boldin and Patton over there. I think Boldin has a TD if Kaep sees him.

That really took the wind out of our sails. 12-3 is still a two possession game. 12-7 and I think the game could have gotten a little more interesting. Kaep's picks later in the game were one forced balls when we had to try to make a play being down multiple scores.

The 4th quarter is where the game got away from us, but again that was after we failed to get a TD at 12-0.

We had plenty of opportunities in the first half and D played lights out as well during the first 30 minutes. Like I said, we execute better and we'll win this game. Arizona beat them in Seattle and our talent is superior to Arizona.

I probably left some stuff out but that's my two cents.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson last three games......

35-68 for 383 yards. 2 TDs, 1 INT

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That stadium and the noise is of course a big issue. So, are the Niners going to be able to deal with it better this time? I think it helps a lot that this is their second time there this season. But can the fans be even noisier with the SB on the line. i think we handle it better, pull out a 20-10 win.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just re-watched the September game. I am not worried about the game this weekend. I respect the Hawks but I know we have a team that can beat them. After re-watching the Sept game, I'm less worried provided we execute like we have been the last several weeks. We are a DRASTICALLY different team than last go around. I'll try to summarize in a logical manner.

INJURIES: We lost Ian Williams in this game, VD hurt his hammy, and Reid played just a little less than one half due to a concussion leaving Dahl at safety (YIKES)
WRs: Marlon Moore and Kyle Williams (neither still on team) were our WRs besides Boldin. (DOUBLE YIKES).
PENALTIES: 12/121 including an unnecessary holding in the end zone leading to a safety.
RETURN YARDAGE: We have to contain Tate better this game, especially with their O struggling. We can't give them short fields.

Wilson IS NOT accurate when under pressure and contained in the pocket. I was shocked how poorly he threw when we pressured him which was frequently in the first half. He's deadly when he scrambles and gets out of contain. He either runs for a first or finds the WIDE open receivers when coverage breaks down.

We drove the ball early and had some momentum. A deflected ball INT killed a very promising drive that should have yielded points.

Seattle's D isn't really that fast in my opinion when Kaep got loose. They seemed much slower in pursuit than Carolina, Arizona, or several other teams we've played.

Seattle did nothing in the first half. 2 of their 5 points were the safety and they had a FG after "driving" the ball an impressive 17 yards. In fact, 13 of their 29 points came from 25 yards of Offensive drives. Two more came from the safety. They did have two 80 yard drives in the second half after Reid left the game.....coincidence? Aso was also at CB in this game and not Brock.

1st half SEA drives
Blocked punt
Int (Reid)
Punt
Punt
Downs
FG
Punt
Half

We lost track of Lynch a couple of times including a wide open TD when we blitzed. I could have made that throw.

It was 12-0 with 9 minutes left in the third. We had another really good drive going and at 6:36 McDonald crushed Sherman running after the catch. He's really a poor tackler and McD leveled him. At 4:58 we had 3rd and goal AGAIN and we had to settle for a FG. On that play Sherman was the only DB on that side of the field with Boldin and Patton over there. I think Boldin has a TD if Kaep sees him.

That really took the wind out of our sails. 12-3 is still a two possession game. 12-7 and I think the game could have gotten a little more interesting. Kaep's picks later in the game were one forced balls when we had to try to make a play being down multiple scores.

The 4th quarter is where the game got away from us, but again that was after we failed to get a TD at 12-0.

We had plenty of opportunities in the first half and D played lights out as well during the first 30 minutes. Like I said, we execute better and we'll win this game. Arizona beat them in Seattle and our talent is superior to Arizona.

I probably left some stuff out but that's my two cents.

That's encouraging to read, thanks for the breakdown. I think the noise here is going to be unbelievable, that and I hope this time they cut down on the penalties and the Kaepernick forced picks.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read the quote I was responding to. It was in jest. I was talking about Clayton and Whysies twisted it to say Wilson. He was joking, I responded in kind. Take it easy.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jam the Sea WR at the line to avoid letting them have a free release. That keeps Wilson in the pocket and holding the ball longer than he wants. Prevents the quick slants that Wilson likes to hit with his WRs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Can you point out why? I'm curious.

He reaches the ball back too low, and his motion is slow & herky-jerky. It's not the end of the world, but it's among the things that are holding him back from being an unstoppable force in the NFL IMO.

Also, look how much he's dipping his throwing shoulder. Terrible. :L

If you look at his release time it's towards the higher end for starting QBs.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reaches the ball back too low, and his motion is slow & herky-jerky. It's not the end of the world, but it's among the things that are holding him back from being an unstoppable force in the NFL IMO.

Also, look how much he's dipping his throwing shoulder. Terrible. :L

If you look at his release time it's towards the higher end for starting QBs.

Yeah, someone was talking about it on the radio and mentioned it as an issue with the red zone troubles, he has a gun but takes too long for his delivery and near the goal line he needs to be quicker.