• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to Lose the Game of Thrones in 5 easy steps.
3EBzzJE.png

EZVB4Eq.png

mW5DEVg.png

XSvvSw9.png

rPrmRWx.png

QtbRLIh.png
man, I hope GRRM is smarter than this...

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, I hope GRRM is smarter than this...
It's not GRRM. It's Ceresi being a shit tactician. When has she ever not been someone making one mistake after the other?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not GRRM. It's Ceresi being a shit tactician.
Cersei isn't a real person. Someone wrote this and put it in the show.

I didn't realize how close Dragonstone was to Kings Landing. That is absolutely bad writing.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Mance went to Winterfell to live with a handful of shieldmaidens and plot the release of fake Arya and revenge of the north.
One of the last things we saw in the last book was a taunting message from Ramsay that he skinned the women and suspended Mance in a cage. So that jig is up.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was written as a character with critical faults.
yea, I would say she isn't the strongest tactician in the family.

and there is nothing stopping Dany from taking Kings Landing this weekend. I am sure someone is going to say that in their meeting around the war table.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the last things we saw in the last book was a taunting message from Ramsay that he skinned the women and suspended Mance in a cage. So that jig is up.
The book implies that Mance possibly wrote the Pink Letter. Coded to tell Jon what's up and get him to come.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The book implies that Mance possibly wrote the Pink Letter. Coded to tell Jon what's up and get him to come.
and Jon is still dead in the books.

Man, I hate that GRRM did this to us.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I would say she isn't the strongest tactician in the family.

and there is nothing stopping Dany from taking Kings Landing this weekend. I am sure someone is going to say that in their meeting around the war table.
Ceresi did just murder every tactician in Kings Landing along with the sparrows. The only people who are left are her, Jaime, her disgraced maester and her queensguard.

What she did saved her neck in the immediate future, but just send her kingdom's economy and defense reeling. Her army is spread thin and demoralized. Yes the common theme of her story is she doesn't think strategically. All she knows how to do is lash out.

I think the saving grace for the Lannisters is Dany probably has to turn her attention to the North right away rather than deal with Kings Landing. That will give Jaime a chance to assert some control and build a coalition.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ceresi did just murder every tactician in Kings Landing along with the sparrows. The only people who are left are her, Jaime, her disgraced maester and her queensguard.

What she did saved her neck in the immediate future, but just send her kingdom's economy and defense reeling. Her army is spread thin and demoralized. Yes the common theme of her story is she doesn't think strategically. All she knows how to do is lash out.
Her father's prophetic words, "you aren't as smart as you think you are."

Reactions: ill

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't realize how close Dragonstone was to Kings Landing. That is absolutely bad writing.

Yes, David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, who, when they don't have GRRM's source material to work with, become a couple of hacks.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, who, when they don't have GRRM's source material to work with, become a couple of hacks.
I felt like they knew what they were talking about in the thing after this week's episode, but I have seen too much to think they are going to do a good job with the end.

I expect GRRMs books to be better. Luckily, there are a ton of other fantasy serieses going on that are as good if not better than ASOAIF

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. The little moments matter for character development. But that's not the point here. The point here is its the final season, the time for all those little moments to pay off. It's resolution time, not "let's keep laying groundwork" time. Outside of some nice character work and revelation with The Hound, nothing of any real substance happened in Dragonstone. If you skipped that episode and tuned in next week, you wouldn't be lost at all. You'd still feel all the same beats because they've already been established.
This isn't aimed just to you, but lots of people online bitching about the overall flow and how short of amount of time is left and I find that baffling.

Game of Thrones Season 7 Running Times, with Record-Length 6th & 7th Episodes! | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary

This season runs 7 hours and 20 minutes including the last two episodes of 71 minutes and 81 minutes.

They have shortened the number of episodes, but not kept to any limitation on length of each. We do know there are 6 next year, but no idea how long each will run. I'd expect at least one or two longer than an hour.

There is PLENTY of time for massive action scenes for every conceivable form of war and still have hours and hours of dialog and story. We likely have at least 13+ hours of content before it's all said and done.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, c'mon!

Writing stupid characters (Cersei has never been too bright), doesn't mean the author is stupid, or that the writing it stupid.