• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to assume that it isn't common knowledge that Cersei blew up the Sept. I mean it would be really hard for her not to be a suspect considering she was scheduled to have a trial but was absent, but I guess there is no proof and maybe everyone that would have known of Cersei's pending trial was at the Sept? I really hope that it gets addressed at some point.

I doubt it, she was crowned, it's in the rearview mirror now. Like Ill, I hated that they just wiped out a bunch of interesting story lines, for what seems like a time crunch and convenience. I do agree with you on the way they waste time with some of the scenes, they've done it for the past couple seasons. It's frustrating to listen to dumb dick jokes when there is more development that can happen or story be told.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. The little moments matter for character development. But that's not the point here. The point here is its the final season, the time for all those little moments to pay off. It's resolution time, not "let's keep laying groundwork" time. Outside of some nice character work and revelation with The Hound, nothing of any real substance happened in Dragonstone. If you skipped that episode and tuned in next week, you wouldn't be lost at all. You'd still feel all the same beats because they've already been established.

But why don't you trust them to handle it yet? Has the show been PERFECT. Of course not, but it's still been pretty fucking good overall. Why do you default to 'argh they're fucking it all up now!'

The final season(s) will continue to play out with the same structure as what came before.

I trust the show runners to not let me down.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what I thought. I really hated the way they handled all that. Killed off so many good, intriguing characters because they needed to start wrapping things up. Lame.

Same question, why don't you trust GRRM and the show runners to get it right? You really think that there's golden futures for the Tyrells in the books?

It's a book about war and conflict. Some people are going to die, in large numbers.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same question, why don't you trust GRRM and the show runners to get it right? You really think that there's golden futures for the Tyrells in the books?

It's a book about war and conflict. Some people are going to die, in large numbers.
it has nothing to do with trust, I just think GRRM will do it in a much cleaner manner. The way the showrunners did it bothered me and felt rushed. There was definitely a lot going on and maybe their original plans were bigger but the fact that the show is done after this season changed their plans. I just didn't like it. The whole Tyrell storyline was all for naught. It resulted in Tommen dying and that is about it and I don't feel like that was done right. Yea, the kid was heartbroken by his love's death and all, but it just didn't feel like it was done right.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it has nothing to do with trust, I just think GRRM will do it in a much cleaner manner. The way the showrunners did it bothered me and felt rushed. There was definitely a lot going on and maybe their original plans were bigger but the fact that the show is done after this season changed their plans. I just didn't like it. The whole Tyrell storyline was all for naught. It resulted in Tommen dying and that is about it and I don't feel like that was done right. Yea, the kid was heartbroken by his love's death and all, but it just didn't feel like it was done right.

Sure. Nature of the beast though. Dorne wasn't 'done right' in the show either. But they gotta' cut some stuff.

I DO trust them to stay true to the nature of what GRRM is getting to by the end. They've meticulously avoided not staying true to the spirit of the books. And that includes trying to keep it a show about character, and not just plot.

I loves me some Ludlum adaptations for the screen too, but I'd be totally fucking pissed if GOT tried to be Jason Bourne with swords.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show isn't about the journey, not the destination. To boil the entire Tyrell story down to Tommen dying is way too simplistic. Margaery was dedicated to being the Queen, meaning she was playing the game, in her own way. She also showed that despite her ambition, she had potential to be a good ruler, for the people. That shows that not everyone is a Lannister-type.

And remember, Grandma Tyrell is still kicking. And she ain't done causing problems for Cersei.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh. Ed Sheeran/GOT reference.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Nature of the beast though. Dorne wasn't 'done right' in the show either. But they gotta' cut some stuff.

I DO trust them to stay true to the nature of what GRRM is getting to by the end. They've meticulously avoided not staying true to the spirit of the books. And that includes trying to keep it a show about character, and not just plot.

I loves me some Ludlum adaptations for the screen too, but I'd be totally fucking pissed if GOT tried to be Jason Bourne with swords.
I feel like GRRM will be sure not to be just like the show when he finishes the books.

Somehow the Walking Dead show hasn't gotten in front of the graphic novels, which is pretty impressive. The show just moves so damn slow though. I hate that show.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show isn't about the journey, not the destination. To boil the entire Tyrell story down to Tommen dying is way too simplistic. Margaery was dedicated to being the Queen, meaning she was playing the game, in her own way. She also showed that despite her ambition, she had potential to be a good ruler, for the people. That shows that not everyone is a Lannister-type.

And remember, Grandma Tyrell is still kicking. And she ain't done causing problems for Cersei.
I agree. They had built the characters just to shut them down. I know that is the nature of the GRRM style of killing off characters, but I don't think Margaery had reached a point where killing her was the right move. It jsut felt wrong.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like GRRM will be sure not to be just like the show when he finishes the books.

Little details, sure. Broad strokes, he's gone on record (as have Benioff and Weiss) about how the show will remain true to the books.

Almost makes me want to put off watching this season for three or four years...

Heh.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little details, sure. Broad strokes, he's gone on record (as have Benioff and Weiss) about how the show will remain true to the books.

Almost makes me want to put off watching this season for three or four years...

Heh.
the show will remain true to the books that haven't been completed yet?

I mean, I can't see them going and doing something too drastic to change how GRRM would do it.

But I also hope that GRRM isn't being influenced by the show. He needs to keep the books his own.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the show will remain true to the books that haven't been completed yet?

I mean, I can't see them going and doing something too drastic to change how GRRM would do it.

But I also hope that GRRM isn't being influenced by the show. He needs to keep the books his own.

One of the reasons he's taking so fucking long to finish the books, is because he's involved in too many fucking side projects, including the TV show. Even though he hasn't written each chapter to conclusion, he's definitely the kind of author that writes by outline. So he knows where the show is going, what the outcome will be, and which characters will be standing at the end.

He's passed all this info on to B+W.

They're sworn to secrecy.

So yeah, Mance Rayder is still alive in the books, but if I could put down $20 bucks on it, I'd bet he won't survive the books. It'll be interesting to see if the Tyrells perish a bit differently in the upcoming book.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons he's taking so fucking long to finish the books, is because he's involved in too many fucking side projects, including the TV show. Even though he hasn't written each chapter to conclusion, he's definitely the kind of author that writes by outline. So he knows where the show is going, what the outcome will be, and which characters will be standing at the end.

He's passed all this info on to B+W.

They're sworn to secrecy.

So yeah, Mance Rayder is still alive in the books, but if I could put down $20 bucks on it, I'd bet he won't survive the books. It'll be interesting to see if the Tyrells perish a bit differently in the upcoming book.
I disagree about Mance in the books. I can see him standing in the end.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about Mance in the books. I can see him standing in the end.

I hope he does too. But again, there's that whole book/show agreement problem.

Did he die offscreen in the show?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does too. But again, there's that whole book/show agreement problem.

Did he die offscreen in the show?
they burned him at the stake on the show.

In the books, Melisandre glamoured Rattleshirt to look like Mance and they killed Rattleshirt.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they burned him at the stake on the show.

In the books, Melisandre glamoured Rattleshirt to look like Mance and they killed Rattleshirt.
And Mance went to Winterfell to live with a handful of shieldmaidens and plot the release of fake Arya and revenge of the north.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to Lose the Game of Thrones in 5 easy steps.
3EBzzJE.png

EZVB4Eq.png

mW5DEVg.png

XSvvSw9.png

rPrmRWx.png

QtbRLIh.png

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Mance went to Winterfell to live with a handful of shieldmaidens and plot the release of fake Arya and revenge of the north.
I had forgotten where he ended up. I'd go back and reread the entire series if I had the time.