• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her father's prophetic words, "you aren't as smart as you think you are."

Her father's big blindspot was that Tyrion was his true son in intellect and leadership.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily, there are a ton of other fantasy serieses going on that are as good if not better than ASOAIF

A 'ton?'

Hook a brother up.

I'm skeptical.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it, she was crowned, it's in the rearview mirror now. Like Ill, I hated that they just wiped out a bunch of interesting story lines, for what seems like a time crunch and convenience. I do agree with you on the way they waste time with some of the scenes, they've done it for the past couple seasons. It's frustrating to listen to dumb dick jokes when there is more development that can happen or story be told.

It can still be addressed easily enough though without Cersei being held accountable. Just give us a scene where we learn through dialogue that the public has some other understanding of what happened. That could be any number of things. Anything at all would be better than nothing. In this society this even would have been comparable to 9/11.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can still be addressed easily enough though without Cersei being held accountable. Just give us a scene where we learn through dialogue that the public has some other understanding of what happened. That could be any number of things. Anything at all would be better than nothing. In this society this even would have been comparable to 9/11.

Kinda' depends on what 'people' you're referring to. What peasants etc think matters not even a little bit. Hell even the artisan and trader classes have almost zero 'pull' in that world. If you're not from a great house, you're nobody.

After EP#1, I still want to know where Cersei is going to get more ground troops from. Even if the Uncle's Iron Island fleet comes back with her 'gift,' she's got no cavalry, and not nearly enough troops to go up against the North + Dany + Dorne +whatever is left of Highgarden.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, who, when they don't have GRRM's source material to work with, become a couple of hacks.
Ha, wasn't one of them the brilliant mind behind X-Men Origins: Wolverine?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to Lose the Game of Thrones in 5 easy steps.
3EBzzJE.png

EZVB4Eq.png

mW5DEVg.png

XSvvSw9.png

rPrmRWx.png

QtbRLIh.png

Cute internet meme...real cute... but it was probably made by someone who doesn't pay attention to the show. You see, time is not always linear in the way the multiple storylines/locations are presented. There are way too many things going on in the world to have a clean linear timeline.

So..... just because episode one ended with Dany entering Dragonstone does NOT mean she didn't arrive there prior to Euron coming to King's Landing.

The same thing goes for Jorah being at the Citadel, Arya drinking around a campfire with Lannister soldiers, The Hound heading north with The Brotherhood, etc.

Dany's final line of dialog "shall we begin" is clearly the proper/dramatic way to end episode one, and I am not surprised her landing sequence was saved for the end of the episode..... and again, there's a very good chance her arrival at Dragonstone actually happened prior to Euron arriving in King's Landing.

Think about this:
I'm sure it took Euron quite a long time to build the ships in his armada, and I wouldn't be surprised if his scene with Cersei was actually the last to occur in the episode timeline.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda' depends on what 'people' you're referring to. What peasants etc think matters not even a little bit. Hell even the artisan and trader classes have almost zero 'pull' in that world. If you're not from a great house, you're nobody.

After EP#1, I still want to know where Cersei is going to get more ground troops from. Even if the Uncle's Iron Island fleet comes back with her 'gift,' she's got no cavalry, and not nearly enough troops to go up against the North + Dany + Dorne +whatever is left of Highgarden.
They addressed the quandary in the episode, though. Jamie and Cersei were arguing about that in the map room.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see Randyll Tarley going against Olenna Tyrell (born Redwyne) and Daenerys and teaming up with Cersei if she names him the new Lord of the Reach. If so, it will be interesting to see how many other bannermen from that Kingdom follow him.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They addressed the quandary in the episode, though. Jamie and Cersei were arguing about that in the map room.

Well Cersei talked and Jaime didn't say a lot. Still don't see where she's getting fighters from. The Krakens don't do well in standup on land fights.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Randyll Tarley going against Olenna Tyrell (born Redwyne) and Daenerys and teaming up with Cersei if she names him the new Lord of the Reach. If so, it will be interesting to see how many other bannermen from that Kingdom follow him.

That's a possibility. Gotta' be somebody.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably their best chance to defeat an invading army at this point is to lure the invaders into the city, and then blow-up the army (and the city) with the hidden wildfire underneath the city.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably their best chance to defeat an invading army at this point is to lure the invaders into the city, and then blow-up the army (and the city) with the hidden wildfire underneath the city.
Didn't they tap out the wildfire in blowing up the temple?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they tap out the wildfire in blowing up the temple?

I can't remember which episode it was.... but I remember it being mentioned that the mad king placed a lot of wildfire underneath many key parts of the city, not just the temple area.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sensa is gonna betray the shit outta Jon Snow, er, I mean Lord Stark.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sensa is gonna betray the shit outta Jon Snow, er, I mean Lord Stark.
I don't see it. Maybe 2 seasons ago, but I think they are portraying her as a "good guy" now. She will be the one to whack Little Finger.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it. Maybe 2 seasons ago, but I think they are portraying her as a "good guy" now. She will be the one to whack Little Finger.

Fair assessment. She's gonna have to pick between one or the other no question.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She might marry him first, just so she gets control of the Vale...

Wouldn't that entail marrying her would still be suckin on his momma's teat if Littlefinger hadn't thrown her crazy ass through the moon door idiot cousin?