• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Day Thread: Niners vs Aints...It's Official

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more reminder. NFL network is replaying the game at 9:30 pm central for anyone who missed it or had to watch it on a laptop.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Alex Smith look any better when he had any decent time in the pocket? Or was he bad all around?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more reminder. NFL network is replaying the game at 9:30 pm central for anyone who missed it or had to watch it on a laptop.

Thanks Tomi. I actually caught the replay last night.

I agree with most sentiments here. Too early to jump on Aldon Smith's bandwagon, but the kid looked promising. I liked some of what the defense had to offer, although there's still work that has to be done especially with the tackling, or lack thereof, from last night. Those are fundamentals that Fangio needs to work with his players, especially guys in the secondary. I was pretty sleepy last night, but was that Mays who did a shitty job of tackling?

Offensively, the other A. Smith had poor numbers but it's hard to gauge him considering there was pressure in his face at almost every snap. Kaep looked green but some of his passes, i.e. the ones to Kyle Williams, looked pretty good.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Ray, I was wondering if you'd take on a small chore since you're the mod. I think it'd be best if say, every.. Wednesday.. you'd unsticky the old game day thread and start a new sticky post for the upcoming game.

That way we can still talk about the past Sunday/Monday game for a few days if we wish... but by mid-week we have a place to post about the upcoming game.

I guess you can work it out to your own discretion when the 49ers play Thursday or during the bye week, but I think we'd all welcome you to do this, since on shitty ESPN, sometimes we'd get competing game-day threads.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there will be a new Game Day thread stickied for each week. I can unsticky the old ones no problemo.