• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

game conditions

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are still supposed to play Saturday Night and I think that has a huge advantage for Notre Dame. I think the more rain the better. Notre Dame has an advantage on offensive with their power running game and ND's front 7 is good on defense. Crappy conditions will limit the ball being thrown so it should help out our poor secondary. A sloppy field will also help contain Clemson's athleticism at the skill positions on offense. I don't know about you guys but I find it hard to be all crazy as a fan in the crowd when the weather just sucks balls. (maybe because I'm getting older?) I don't know how electric the crowd is going to be for the game. I really like this scenario for Notre Dame. I don't like the possibility of players getting injured because of their footing though. I'm excited to watch

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are still supposed to play Saturday Night and I think that has a huge advantage for Notre Dame. I think the more rain the better. Notre Dame has an advantage on offensive with their power running game and ND's front 7 is good on defense. Crappy conditions will limit the ball being thrown so it should help out our poor secondary. A sloppy field will also help contain Clemson's athleticism at the skill positions on offense. I don't know about you guys but I find it hard to be all crazy as a fan in the crowd when the weather just sucks balls. (maybe because I'm getting older?) I don't know how electric the crowd is going to be for the game. I really like this scenario for Notre Dame. I don't like the possibility of players getting injured because of their footing though. I'm excited to watch
I agree 100%. Im surprised they haven't moved this game to sunday.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think South Bend is the best option.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of rain they're talking about might keep the crowd in check. I think both sides just load up and stop the run, don't expect too much passing from either side. Under is looking good.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposed to be a heavy rainfall an hour before kickoff. I have no idea why this game wasn't scheduled to an earlier part of the day where the weather might be less prickly but whatever, as long as they're safe, I'm fine. I think the rain and wind will definitely slow-down the passing games of both teams, though I think that hurts Clemson more than it does us.

I thought Gameday chose Georgia-Bama?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look bad. I think it might be ok.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N
Supposed to be a heavy rainfall an hour before kickoff. I have no idea why this game wasn't scheduled to an earlier part of the day where the weather might be less prickly but whatever, as long as they're safe, I'm fine. I think the rain and wind will definitely slow-down the passing games of both teams, though I think that hurts Clemson more than it does us.

I thought Gameday chose Georgia-Bama?
Nope Clemson vs ND. watching it now.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N

Nope Clemson vs ND. watching it now.

Yea I'm watching it... it doesn't look near as bad as I thought it was going to, I didn't even see showers, much less strong winds and the like. I may have to re-submit my Stat guesses, I've factored for really bad weather, not 'inclement' weather alone. Though, the weather report does say now that Heavy Showers are expected the hour prior to and the hour after the game starts. Last night it was only the hour prior that was predicting heavy showers, so maybe my hunches will be correct still. I predicted us to have pretty below average day passing, might still hold true.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'm watching it... it doesn't look near as bad as I thought it was going to, I didn't even see showers, much less strong winds and the like. I may have to re-submit my Stat guesses, I've factored for really bad weather, not 'inclement' weather alone. Though, the weather report does say now that Heavy Showers are expected the hour prior to and the hour after the game starts. Last night it was only the hour prior that was predicting heavy showers, so maybe my hunches will be correct still. I predicted us to have pretty below average day passing, might still hold true.
They are saying 2nd half is going to be really bad. I don't know why they don't move it up to 5 or 6PM. It would beat the storm.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you why Homey! It's called, MONEY. Think of what all is entailed in pushing back that start time now, on the weekend, after they didn't do the smart thing all week. The broadcaster would have to adjust their local and regional programming because this is a prime time game. It rarely happens even with advanced notice. The only games that got rescheduled were non prime time games if I saw that right as of the last update I'd seen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you why Homey! It's called, MONEY. Think of what all is entailed in pushing back that start time now, on the weekend, after they didn't do the smart thing all week. The broadcaster would have to adjust their local and regional programming because this is a prime time game. It rarely happens even with advanced notice. The only games that got rescheduled were non prime time games if I saw that right as of the last update I'd seen.
I agree its all about the money. Mich vs Maryland game got pushed up.

The mayor is telling people don't go to the game because its not safe. LOL

Smart thing would to move the game up and get the game in instead f playing 1 half of football and then canceling the 2nd half. Imagine if that happen.