• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 9 Lions at Bears

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should do it. It's going to take some time to get used to watching these guys hold onto a late lead

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game wasn’t broadcast in my area. I liked the final score even if it tinges tanking for the 2023 draft. Maybe the Rams will implode to give Detroit a higher draft pick for Stafford compensation.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this team! Currently on pace for #1 pick...let's win 2 straight and be in the 10-12 range!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up on the season when they traded their leading receiving option.

Hockenson was replaced as the Lions leading receiving option during AR-SB last 6 games of 2021 season going forward to the current season.

Holmes needs to get rid of Brockers, Goff, both Okwara's, both Harris' - Will is an UFA, Stenberg, Josh Reynolds and whatever dead weight players to really begin the complete teardown rebuild.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this team! Currently on pace for #1 pick...let's win 2 straight and be in the 10-12 range!

C'mon man, SOL.

You and the rest of us have been through decades of these debacles. There's no other way to do it than how it's currently/temporarily laying out. It's the Lions way.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line is garbage today as well

Yep, projected top 3 or top 5 O-Line has been consistently inconsistent this year and not having Vaitai for the full season or without Jonah Jackson for 2 games cannot be the excuse.

Goff screws himself by dropping 9 steps back and unwilling to move up in the pocket when needed. he'll never learn that or being mechanically sound with his feet, arm, hips.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockenson was replaced as the Lions leading receiving option during AR-SB last 6 games of 2021 season going forward to the current season.

Holmes needs to get rid of Goff, both Okwara's, both Harris' - Will is an UFA and whatever dead weight players to really begin the complete teardown rebuild.
TJ still leads this team in touchdown receptions.

We would’ve got a third to let him walk. Could’ve forced a 10% raise on him to stay. But instead packaged him with a fourth, making the Viking a whole lot better imo.

Can’t get on board with that decision.

ARSB does now have four more yards on the season. So I can’t use leading receiving option anymore. Just leader in catching touchdowns. With a lot more y/r than ARSB. A whole lot.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARSB does now have four more yards on the season. So I can’t use leading receiving option anymore.

Pretty sure AR-SB led in receptions but not yards receiving before Hock left. Your correct in that Hock led AR-SB in TD's.

We would’ve got a third to let him walk.

Not until 2025 at the earliest. Holmes had already picked up that 5th year option. They no longer allow teams to decline the 5th year option once picked up

making the Viking a whole lot better imo.

Vikes were already better as a team than any other team in their division, however adding Hock to Jefferson, Theilen and Dalvin definitely raises the bar to attempt to defend them all.

With a lot more y/r than ARSB. A whole lot.

Yes, that's definitely spot on and it's not close. I thought it was by 6 or 7 yards per reception.

I do understand your point, however until Holmes drafts a QB who isn't afraid to throw open a receiver or throw deep shots 7-8 times a game, in my opinion, Hock, AR-SB or even Jameson Williams will be a complete waste while playing for the Lions.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm simply ready for Holmes release or trade all of Goff, both Okwara's, Charles Harris, Brockers, Josh Reynolds and whoever else and I highly doubt any of those mentioned but Goff are actually tradeable, and Goff is still questionable, but team's take more chances on QB's than other positions.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tear this team down and gut the hell out of it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure AR-SB led in receptions but not yards receiving before Hock left. Your correct in that Hock led AR-SB in TD's.

Not until 2025 at the earliest. Holmes had already picked up that 5th year option. They no longer allow teams to decline the 5th year option once picked up

Vikes were already better as a team than any other team in their division, however adding Hock to Jefferson, Theilen and Dalvin definitely raises the bar to attempt to defend them all.

Yes, that's definitely spot on and it's not close. I thought it was by 6 or 7 yards per reception.

I do understand your point, however until Holmes drafts a QB who isn't afraid to throw open a receiver or throw deep shots 7-8 times a game, in my opinion, Hock, AR-SB or even Jameson Williams will be a complete waste while playing for the Lions.
They wouldn’t have needed to tag him until after the 23 season either.

Productive player on roster with multiple years to go before they can chose to leave > the 60th pick.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, projected top 3 or top 5 O-Line has been consistently inconsistent this year and not having Vaitai for the full season or without Jonah Jackson for 2 games cannot be the excuse.

Goff screws himself by dropping 9 steps back and unwilling to move up in the pocket when needed. he'll never learn that or being mechanically sound with his feet, arm, hips.

Ragnow got hurt. Was in a boot after the game.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ragnow got hurt. Was in a boot after the game.

He's had the toe/foot issue since camp still lingering.

I like Evan Brown quite a bit as an emergency replacement player and still believe they should re-sign, but the more I see his run blocking, the more I begin to question if he's a long-term solution at RG.

Holmes might have to draft an RG in 2023 depending on how the view Tommy Kraemer.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swift either actually injured or just gave up on this season. He just saw a guy coming from like 5 yards away so he covered up and just went down.
Him and Reynolds before he got hurt have been making business decisions instead of playing 100%

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm simply ready for Holmes release or trade all of Goff, both Okwara's, Charles Harris, Brockers, Josh Reynolds and whoever else and I highly doubt any of those mentioned but Goff are actually tradeable, and Goff is still questionable, but team's take more chances on QB's than other positions.
Goff would make a nice backup QB if he is willing to take a paycut.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn’t have needed to tag him until after the 23 season either.

Productive player on roster with multiple years to go before they can chose to leave > the 60th pick.
I dont mind the trade so much but I think we should have got more.