• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 3 Start Time

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB is doing the Giants no favors setting the game for 1pm. There goes our homefield advantage for that game, as we should expect the ball to carry pretty well. Oh well, maybe it will give our guys a chance to get hot. Pat Burrell's grand slam against the Dodgers and the comeback that fell short against the Reds comes to mind.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB is doing the Giants no favors setting the game for 1pm. There goes our homefield advantage for that game, as we should expect the ball to carry pretty well. Oh well, maybe it will give our guys a chance to get hot. Pat Burrell's grand slam against the Dodgers and the comeback that fell short against the Reds comes to mind.

I just hate it because I'll be working :(

Unless I get those tickets, then I'm asking for the day off, lol.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate it because I'll be working :(

Unless I get those tickets, then I'm asking for the day off, lol.

There is nothing like day baseball. My Dad and Grandpa recalled the 1971 NLCS with Pittsburgh where ALL of the games were played in the day. They say I was cheering for the Giants (I was three) but I have only a hazy memory of my Dad staying home during a workday and gathering around the old black and white with me and Tsedi. I wish I would have been a bit older.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably need to. It's roasting on the coast. In fairness, roasting for us is high 80s. You gettin' some fog in the valley?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably need to. It's roasting on the coast. In fairness, roasting for us is high 80s. You gettin' some fog in the valley?

Actually, the fog hasn't been too bad ever since I've lived here. The dreaded Thule (or however you spell it, lol) Fog has eased up a little. It's 93 degrees here today.....which actually feels cool to me now. :L

I get a little break from the hot weather this weekend though. Heading back up to Frisco and I'm going to Alcatraz. My dad used to live on the island for a short time when his dad was a guard there. It should be fun, we'll supposedly get a special tour through his old apartment building there.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the fog hasn't been too bad ever since I've lived here. The dreaded Thule (or however you spell it, lol) Fog has eased up a little. It's 93 degrees here today.....which actually feels cool to me now. :L

I get a little break from the hot weather this weekend though. Heading back up to Frisco and I'm going to Alcatraz. My dad used to live on the island for a short time when his dad was a guard there. It should be fun, we'll supposedly get a special tour through his old apartment building there.

That's awesome. My parents were born and raised in The City, I spent the first 8 years of my life in Burlingame, lived in SF for two years after college, and I still haven't visited Alcatraz. Couple that with a borderline unhealthy adolescent obsession with the mafia of the early 1900s, and it is completely unacceptable.

Have a great time, and post some photos if you think of it.

Back on topic: Hopefully, the start time can get pushed back to 3:30, so Tito can blame the position of the sun on Cain's Game 3 victory (still crossing my fingers that Boch has Chez go in Game 2).

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awesome. My parents were born and raised in The City, I spent the first 8 years of my life in Burlingame, lived in SF for two years after college, and I still haven't visited Alcatraz. Couple that with a borderline unhealthy adolescent obsession with the mafia of the early 1900s, and it is completely unacceptable.

Have a great time, and post some photos if you think of it.

Back on topic: Hopefully, the start time can get pushed back to 3:30, so Tito can blame the position of the sun on Cain's Game 3 victory (still crossing my fingers that Boch has Chez go in Game 2).

Will do, I'm pretty stoked. The last time I went to Alcatraz, I think I was close to 5 years old or something. I don't remember much.

LOL, me too. I think Cain has grown up just as much as Chez now. I have a feeling he'll pitch a good game.....because of the sun of course.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I will actually have to do work that day. I will DVR the game and watch it when I get home. I work with a couple BIG TIME Phils fans, so I just need to make sure they STFU during the game...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I will actually have to do work that day. I will DVR the game and watch it when I get home. I work with a couple BIG TIME Phils fans, so I just need to make sure they STFU during the game...

Kill them.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Throw a cheesesteak and a pack of smokes out the window and they'll jump for them.