• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 3 - Arkansas State at Virginia Tech

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Points to consider...

1. Tech has a better all-around team than Illinois, and Arkansas State lost to them by 18 points.

2. I also think ECU has a better offense than Arkansas State...and Tech held ECU to about 100 total yards and 10 points.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want it to be 8pm so that our college football weekend can start!!!!!!

amen brother

but i would rather it just go ahead and be 5pm friday, so i could be done with work!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fridays are blow off days for me usually anyway. Meetings in the morning that I am only there to sort of oversee and then I camp out at caribou coffee and write. I do have to teach until 730 tonight though. I should get home right before kickoff.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I certainly feel confident in a win. I think we see a special team or defensive score this week. I do think ArkSt will score a couple TD's, but I expect LT and our WRs to be more dialed in this week and try to make a statement early in the game.

Yeah i think we will come out swinging in this one, try to put them behind the eightball early on. Illinois had no problem with their secondary so if LT is on we could see a big day from our WR's. What I would really like to see is a dominating day from our front 7 on D. If we can shut down the run and force their QB into some bad throws, this one could be over before the half.

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amen brother

but i would rather it just go ahead and be 5pm friday, so i could be done with work!

You have to fix that problem by getting your employer to have a 9/80 work schedule (work 2 weeks worth of 80 hours over 9 days). My weekend just started.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bXxbH.jpg

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Steven Stevens plays in this game for Arky St? He and George George should get along well.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not really a lot a chatter on hear about this weeks game :(, so whats up?

what do you guys expect to see tomorrow, a dominating D, DW having breaking the YPG record, LT coming out looking like Tom Brady, all the above, or is tomorrow going to be a struggle?

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a lot a chatter on hear about this weeks game :(, so whats up?

what do you guys expect to see tomorrow, a dominating D, DW having breaking the YPG record, LT coming out looking like Tom Brady, all the above, or is tomorrow going to be a struggle?

I expect a mix of the first two games. The Defense will be stout not allowing many yards or points to be put up. An INT by Fuller or Hosley or both. Offensively I think DW will get over 150 yards and 2 TDs but won't be breaking the single game yards record. Oglesby will continue to impress off the bench. LT will look a little better but will still have passes that are off target by many yards. maybe a 38-6 game.

I hope to see us have big success with the run game from DW and get a two possession point lead early so LT can start throwing some more to get confidence and reps.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
According to Hokiesports, the game is finally a sell out. There may have been some additional student allocation last minute.

C-17 Fly Over!

lanestadium_c17-gameday.jpg

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I expect a mix of the first two games. The Defense will be stout not allowing many yards or points to be put up. An INT by Fuller or Hosley or both. Offensively I think DW will get over 150 yards and 2 TDs but won't be breaking the single game yards record. Oglesby will continue to impress off the bench. LT will look a little better but will still have passes that are off target by many yards. maybe a 38-6 game.

I hope to see us have big success with the run game from DW and get a two possession point lead early so LT can start throwing some more to get confidence and reps.

I want to see our defensive front come out with intensity, nothing "sets the tone" better than some big QB sacks early in the game. I have a feeling if we can get after this QB early he will start to throw some balls up for grabs. I expect to see DW hit some big runs early, which should open up the passing some. IMO this may be our OL biggest test so far since they play a 4 man front, be interesting to see how much arky decides to blitz in this game.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see a defensive touchdown. nothing jacks me up more than that. i'm expecting us to score in the high 20's/low 30's and not allow many points. hoping we can work the passing game

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry if already posted, but if you need the link....

VTPhreak4evr VTPhreak
Off to Lane Stadium....Final re-post: VT vs. Ark. St. Live! online @ 4pm:

SportsHoopla.com/nB9axR

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are the chances dyrell roberts gets a medical redshirt since he broke his arm today?