• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #13 - ACC Championship VT vs Clemson

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have to be proud of this sorry lot after tonight. I'm not even watching the bowl game. I'm packing it up till next year, although next year it'll probably be the same BS again.

So don't. Pull for Alabama, LSU, Florida or maybe USC every year since they are all loaded with NFL talent at every position 2 or 3 deep and are in the national title hunt EVERY year, even after losing a game (and before the season even starts). Don't get me wrong, we are all spoiled with 10 win seasons and ACC championships, and want more, but really?? I will definitely admit that we were embarassed tonight, and to a degree that's unacceptable, but I am a Hokie fan 'till the end. To say that you won't watch the bowl game?? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt SteelerHokie since you are new to the board. But if you are true to that?? Then you just made TAZ look REAL good with his earlier comment...

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
jameson-irish-whiskey.jpg

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the last at large comes down to Bose St., Michigan, K State and us....any chance????

If Michigan gets the 2 poll spots, then they're in. If TCU does not make it to 16, then I also think Boise is next in.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan gets the 2 poll spots, then they're in. If TCU does not make it to 16, then I also think Boise is next in.

I believe with all of the losses today (UH, VT, OK, Sparty, UGA) they will both get in. TCU because of the non AQ rule (ranked ahead of WVU) and Michigan because..well..they are Michigan, and they will qualify. I too think that if TCu did not make it, then Boise would. There are not many attractive 2 loss teams left, that hasn't gotten smoked their last regular season game. So Boise would be a decent option. I think they will get left out though.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to spread it around first, but REP.

Rep to Taz and Hunz..and the almighty 10000+ 46&2.

Edit note..Couldn't rep Taz and Hunz, did Croc instead for the homage to Simba and Chuck Testa

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucked. We got our asses royally handed to us again. I didn't overlook Clemson going into this game (as every national "expert" seemed to), but shit, I at least thought we could make a game of it.

Clemson used the exact same gameplan from October (as expected). If our coaches made any adjustments to it, it failed to show. They spanked our asses up and down the field all night. Some points:

- The O-line should be embarrassed as players and men. From the snap of the center to before the ball was even in LT's hands, they were on their ass.

- WTF was wrong with Foster's D? Not only were they outplayed, it was poor schematically. Why in the hell were our corners playing 10 yards deep off the WRs? Everyone knows Clemson wants to get the ball out in space. Why give it to them?

- O'Cain, who has done well this year, did a piss poor job tonight. It became apparent early on that the running game wasn't there because the O-line couldn't block a gaggle of girl scouts tonight. He should have adjusted to have LT make more short, quick throws to keep them honest. Instead, we were still trying to get the run game going even into the 4th quarter. Head scratching

Outcoached, outplayed, and outclassed tonight. Simple as that. I would hope this loss hits the bone of the players and coaching staff and really hurts their pride, then use that as motivation for next season. However, given Beamer's track record, I fully expect to see the quote "Gee golly, gotta hand it to them. Clemson's a good team. Just a play here and there. HEY, we got 10 wins though!"

Also, don't bitch about the refs. Yeah, they sucked, but it wouldn't have changed a damn thing. In fact, they missed several helmet to helmet calls on both sides. That just shows they suck as a crew.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if any current students come on here. I have a message for you to deliver.

To Curt Newsome:

*swift kick to the nuts*

Figure out how to block physical defensive lines or get the hell out

Sincerely,

HokieNation

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our team/schemes seem to not be built to deal with big, physical offensive/defensive lines at all. our offensive line was abused all night and our defensive line didnt do anything whatsoever. also, losing hosely shouldnt have had as big of an effect as it did. yes, we should have seen some dropoff, but not like that. backups need to be prepared to go in there, and it didnt seem like bonner was at all.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kindof what I was thinking too. Also, not taking anything away from Clemson. They have kind of slid a bit but no doubt they are talented. We recruited the hell out of Boyd, didn't even bother offering Branch out of Varina (WTF???) and Watkins...well...I will just be glad to see him go first round after next year..

FTR, Watkins is a true freshman... You guys have a young team, and Thomas will only get better with time. Both our teams need to get bigger offensive linemen than we've historically had and keep running the ball. I hope that Hosley and Wilson come back for ya'll next year and maybe we can turn this into an annual matchup since Miami and FSU can't show up...

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One word summation: UGLY!

Clemson played a great game and took it to us. We had breakdowns at every position last night and whether it was not being prepared, not having energy, etc, Clemson won that game in every facet.

Congrats Clemson and please stomp on WVU. Would have loved to had a chance ourselves.

One thing I always remember when I'm angry about a VT game: It is still just a game and they are still just kids. I know that we all sit back and think we know what our team/coaches should have done as if we are the experts and it is just so easy to do that we don't understand why they just won't listen to our screams into the TV. I then realize why I'm the one sitting in front of the TV watching them on the field. They are the ones that have put in the years of dedicated effort to get on that field. I am just happy I get to watch, root, and lucky enough to call them MY team.

Let's Go! Hokies!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just woke up and was pretty drunk at the game so I don't remember how many carries DW had but it seemed like 4. Whos idea was it to say "hey. They're going to try to take DW out of the game. Let's take him out of it ourselves first. That'll show em"

I'm also convinced our coaches still can't get us up for big games. We rely on the players to, like the UVA game.

Oh and having hosley out killed us. Bonner was getting blown up because he refused to play less than 15 yards from the WR. I couldnt even count how many times he got thrown at

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just woke up and was pretty drunk at the game so I don't remember how many carries DW had but it seemed like 4. Whos idea was it to say "hey. They're going to try to take DW out of the game. Let's take him out of it ourselves first. That'll show em"

I'm also convinced our coaches still can't get us up for big games. We rely on the players to, like the UVA game.

Oh and having hosley out killed us. Bonner was getting blown up because he refused to play less than 15 yards from the WR. I couldnt even count how many times he got thrown at
Uh no, DW had 11 carries but got stuffed on every single carry. It doesn't really make sense to keep running it. I feel like he wasn't giving his usual effort either.

Why do we always blame the coaches? Sure scheme plays a big role but when you get tossed around on both sides of the ball its more than scheme.

Yeah Bonner and Hill don't get decide how far they play off the ball, Bud Foster/Eddie Whitley makes those calls. I am not sure why we were playing that far off either.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the runs seemed very predictable. Again, I was quite drunk but I would have liked to see Logan under center more and maybe run a toss sweep or something to DW to get him going.

And I blame the coaches because this is definitely not the first time a VT team was playing like shit in a game and no adjustments were made. I felt like survived the first half and had the ability to come out with the ball, establish an offense and get back to business. I couldn't even tell if we had an offensive game plan, which is on coaching (yes I know we need execution too)

The cover 3 looks or whatever our secondary was running confused the shit out of me. Not sure how many times Sammy Watkins was wide open, but you'd assume someone was supposed to keep an eye on him

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the runs seemed very predictable. Again, I was quite drunk but I would have liked to see Logan under center more and maybe run a toss sweep or something to DW to get him going.

And I blame the coaches because this is definitely not the first time a VT team was playing like shit in a game and no adjustments were made. I felt like survived the first half and had the ability to come out with the ball, establish an offense and get back to business. I couldn't even tell if we had an offensive game plan, which is on coaching (yes I know we need execution too)

The cover 3 looks or whatever our secondary was running confused the shit out of me. Not sure how many times Sammy Watkins was wide open, but you'd assume someone was supposed to keep an eye on him

VT was basically running a man free/cover 1 the whole time; it seemed like they had a safety or rover covering the tailback and one deep safety. The corners were basically on their own and the safety was responsible for the deep middle of the field. ckhokie, you get a chance to check out Uptown Cabaret? :eyebrows: :squeeze:

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did go and enjoy the best Charlotte has to offer. Couldn't complai with the place. we picked Picked a couple hot chicks up that got us in for free. Unfortunately I didn't dabble with the buffet