• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GAME 10 - VT @ Georgia Tech.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved this win for a few reasons....

1. We were down early and just stepped up and kept playing.

2. We stemmed the flow of momentum on their comeback and stayed discipline.

3. We CAPITALIZED on mistakes, (penalty and 4th and short)

4. When we needed to, an had them down, we took the air out of the ball and methodically drove the ball and suffocated the clock

LT is special, and receivers everywhere should be wanting to come here

Wilson is hard to handle (just hold on to the ball)

GREAT WIN!!!

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive win and an opportunity to continue to build upon.

Offense:

Logan is really starting to come into his own and has shown the poise that is expected from a senior. Really look forward to seeing him progress the next couple years if we're lucky enough that he won't go out early. Would still like to build depth behind him as he takes some shots (he delivers the blow more often though).

Wilson is special. Has some issues holding onto the ball, but with his work ethic, I'm sure he'll correct that. Hope he stays for next year as well, but would not shock me if he came out considering he should be in the top 3 RBs this year.

O-Line played well. Got a great push on short conversions and with a bull running the sneak behind you, it's amazing to see those plays go for double digit yards and TDs. We will be losing everyone except Miller at center after this year and if their replacements next year can keep from having a drop off, this offense could be impressive.

Danny Coale will be playing on Sundays even if he isn't drafted. He will carve a great niche for himself and be a big possession receiver in the NFL. I see him with the upside similar to Welker if he is taken by a team that knows how to use him.

Defense:

Great job under the circumstances. Some mistakes and big plays (especially in the secondary), but overall, they got the job done. Flew to the ball and was aggressive all night long. All of the injuries could be a blessing in disguise as we're getting a lot more guys with experience going forward. It was amazing to hear the stat that Fuller was the only guy on the defense that was in the top 9 tacklers from last year's game.

Hosley and the rest of the secondary: He's been getting picked on a lot more recently and hasn't been having a lot of success. Reminds me a little of D Hall in that he is considered a great cover guy, but gets beat often mainly due to high risk by going after picks. The last couple years I've seen a lot more big plays given up in the passing game then in years past and that should be our main strength on D. I don't know, maybe these plays are just sticking out more in my mind. I know that we run a lot of man coverage with our aggressive schemes that are designed to force turnovers, but there are plenty of times that I wish we were more conservative and look to tackle/knock the ball down than go for the pick. This is the case when looking at GT's last couple drives to end the first half.

Special Teams:

Did not cause me to cuss at the TV which means a whole lot considering the kicking game this year. While I would have loved for a better punt from the 35 in the first half (or actually go for it), they didn't make any mistakes.

I do get a little tired of hearing the announcers always mentioning that we no longer block kicks the way we used to. It's a philosophy change! We have had a good string of returners and other teams are preparing better. The majority of the time now, I cringe when I see us going for a blocked punt because we seem to have a knack of running into/roughing the punter more often than getting the ball. I can see the need for certain situations, but a lot of those block calls are when our D has made a great stop and our O needs the ball. Hard to see that great job given up on a penalty.

OVERALL:

Looking forward to next week's game and the UVA/FSU game. Hopefully the team stays focused regardless of what happens and continues to build upon tonight. A rematch with Clemson in the title game would be a great opportunity to show how far we've progressed.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I retract everything I said earlier this season about Logan; I thought his accuracy would be a problem, but it really hasn't been. The thing I like most about him now is his determination and his will to win. He might miss a few reads or throws early, but when we need a big play, he'll find a receiver or grind out the yards we need on the ground. He has done a great job and I hope he continues to improve at this rate.

I had a few complaints about this game (Hosley's man coverage and Edwards being flat footed on a number of their big plays), but my excitement for the win is preventing me from really delving into any of that.

Oh yeah. Gotta give a shout out to my main man Jeremiah Attaochu. If he hadn't punched Logan, I truly believe that we lose that game. Big play from a big time player!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I retract everything I said earlier this season about Logan; I thought his accuracy would be a problem, but it really hasn't been. The thing I like most about him now is his determination and his will to win. He might miss a few reads or throws early, but when we need a big play, he'll find a receiver or grind out the yards we need on the ground. He has done a great job and I hope he continues to improve at this rate.

I had a few complaints about this game (Hosley's man coverage and Edwards being flat footed on a number of their big plays), but my excitement for the win is preventing me from really delving into any of that.

Oh yeah. Gotta give a shout out to my main man Jeremiah Attaochu. If he hadn't punched Logan, I truly believe that we lose that game. Big play from a big time player!

yep...i think hokie nation should put together a nice thank you card for him, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these GT fans must live in the land of denial. Most of them are accepting it was an actual punch, but the ones that actually believe he was going for the ball are quite comical.

Nothing baffling or mysterious about it. Attouchu hit the QB and stood him up. Teammates came in to secure him but the QB, as had been his practice all night long, did not go down. Attouchu did what he has been properly coached to do and that is "hacking at the ball" in an attempt to strip it--which he eventually did. All of what Attouchu did was before the whistle was blown according to Jeremiah and his teammates on the field. The hack that hit the helmet was inadverdent, and certainly no indication of thuggery. To imput thuggery onto a young man who played his heart out and admittedly with "a shot of adrenalin" in what was probably the biggest game of his career, is simply out of place.

Why should he sit out any games? Does any adult think that he really all of a sudden lost it and decided in a fit of thuggery to punch the QBs helmet? Give me a break. Things happen. When you are "hacking at the ball" in warp speed and you misfire, is that a reflection of your character or intelligence? I don't know what the rest of you expect, but as for me, I say, thank you Jeremiah, for leaving everything you had to give on the field trying to help GT defeat VT. As far as the penalty is concerned, let thinking about it only make you a better player from here on. Otherwise, fugit about it.

Scout.com: Does ACC have standard punishment for throwing punch?

Oh, and this guy actually believes Attachou caused Logan to fumble. If you watch the replay, LT makes like a Duke point guard with an amazing flop.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
From Taz's post above^:

"All of what Attouchu did was before the whistle was blown according to Jeremiah and his teammates on the field."

TAZ i dont know where you pulled this from but you should let this guy know that not only is Attouchu an apparent thug he and "his teammates on the field" are also liars. The first whistle comes in just as the game clock is turning to 3:25, the punch is thrown as the clock turns from 3:23 to 3:22. I know thats only a difference of a couple of seconds but thats actually a pretty long time to hear whistles blowing. FWIW you could also tell that everyone else had kinda stopped or let up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a good drinking game to play
card.jpg

Whoever made this is a friggen genius. I mentioned it to the gf and we both bust out laughing when "size 18 shoe" or "Boykin's big hands" is said on ESPN.

Which means our sides hurt the next day from constant laugh/snickering.