• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GAME 10 - VT @ Georgia Tech.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
From the looks of things this game will likely decide the Coastal. Im glad we get the time to heal up and prepare for the triple option. GT came out fired up the other night against Clemson and i expect that to be the case again next thursday, if we come out flat it could make for a long night.

* We have seen others defend the triple option pretty good here lately. uVa, maryland, and miami seemed to really manage the option pretty well, i hope Bud is looking at those tapes. I wouldnt be surprised to see a lot of different packages on defense to try and slow down the triple option. I also wouldnt be surprised to see GT throw it more often this game.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the looks of things this game will likely decide the Coastal. Im glad we get the time to heal up and prepare for the triple option. GT came out fired up the other night against Clemson and i expect that to be the case again next thursday, if we come out flat it could make for a long night.

* We have seen others defend the triple option pretty good here lately. uVa, maryland, and miami seemed to really manage the option pretty well, i hope Bud is looking at those tapes. I wouldnt be surprised to see a lot of different packages on defense to try and slow down the triple option. I also wouldnt be surprised to see GT throw it more often this game.

Discipline is the key to playing GT. Our secondary is going to have to play some hard lights out man-to-man... Put Jayron on their #1. Better bet Bud. DE and OLB better ready to play..

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
@ least 1 GT player already talking smack!

(Former Hokie) Mario Edwards says:

I see ol turkey neck beams took a bye week before he come down here and get hammed on!

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A quick fun fact:

Paul Johnson has never won the game following a matchup with Clemson. 4 straight times.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Discipline is the key to playing GT. Our secondary is going to have to play some hard lights out man-to-man... Put Jayron on their #1. Better bet Bud. DE and OLB better ready to play..

Agree discipline and containment. Gayle (i hope) and Collins have to keep from getting sucked in by the dive. Our LBs are going to have to play with their eyes and brain as much as their arms and legs. If healthy i think the speed of tweedy can be a big help in this game, especially playing from the backside. Like i said above i wouldnt be surprised to see some different looks this game, maybe a 3 man front or pulling exum or whitley in favor of an extra LB from time to time.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A quick fun fact:

Paul Johnson has never won the game following a matchup with Clemson. 4 straight times.

Im also pretty sure that their record isnt that great when teams have extra time to prepare for them.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stand right now, I'm expecting a loss. Don't get me wrong, I'll be rooting for the Hokies 100%, but I'm a realist in my fandom with sports teams (sometimes borderline pessimistic). The fact that we're not healthy, the game is in Atlanta, and the fact that we struggle against the triple option even when healthy doesn't have me all that optimistic.

Losing Bruce for the season will show up the most here. We're really going to miss his leadership, speed and instincts. Rivers has the experience, but not the lateral quickness to chase down those tricky reads and Tyler might have the speed, but not the experience. Then there's Tweedy and Hosley who may not be 100% either. Tweedy has great quicks and tackles well and will be much needed on the outside. As for Hosley, he looked a little gimpy against Duke and if he's still that way against GT, it could be a long night. GT's passing game basically consists of long bombs to Stephen Hill (I may have that name wrong). Hosley won't be able to keep up if his hammy is bothering him and if GT can pass effectively, then its impossible to stop them on offense.

As for our offense, we'll need to play like we did against Miami, not like we did against Clemson and Duke. LT will have to be very efficient with both his pass reads and handoff reads. GT's defense is suspect so if we have a balanced efficient performance, we can eat up some clock with long sustained drives to keep that triple option off the field.

And special teams, for the sake of all things Hokie, don't send anyone out there that can't punt a ball more than 40 yards. We absolutely cannot give them short fields.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We also have to avoid all the personal fouls. in both the Miami and Duke games PF's had the chance to cost us the game.

^ both of which were on collins.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ least 1 GT player already talking smack!

(Former Hokie) Mario Edwards says:

I see ol turkey neck beams took a bye week before he come down here and get hammed on!

What a POS thing to say. "Ol turkey neck" lets you transfer in-conference without sitting out a year due to family reasons, and this is how you thank him?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What a POS thing to say. "Ol turkey neck" lets you transfer in-conference without sitting out a year due to family reasons, and this is how you thank him?

My thoughts also, would love nothing more than to watch Logan truck his ass.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
where did he say that...

We need to get that to the boys in the locker room. They love that man!

Twitter.

there was a little exchange between him and JO. Oglesby played it cool but Edwards also said something like "ima be talking shit til kickoff" or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Twitter.

there was a little exchange between him and JO. Oglesby played it cool but Edwards also said something like "ima be talking shit til kickoff" or something like that.

^ edited post. Im sure this will be printed and hanging in LR.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I posted that to ND's fb page. I am sure it will get to the locker room now knowing him! :kk:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though those UC's on JR Collins almost cost us the game, i think we can all agree that those were bullshit calls. I mean he wasn't even doing anything in the duke game! He took a dive (which was kind of embarrassing), but he really was not guilty of shit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think i saw that PJ is 1-4 facing teams coming off a bye (in the ACC).. pretty sure i saw/heard that stat at the end of the clemson/GT game