• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GAME 10 - VT @ Georgia Tech.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the very loud "Let's Go Hokies!" chant.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They threw the first punch but we won the game!

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would prefer you guys to beat UNC. Bastards all, they!!

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7PkfvqV0Y6gqF6k.gif

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Achooo. Excuse me, did somebody sneeze? LOL
What a huge freakin win. I felt terrible about this game going in and even worse right before that play.
That's two years in a row, PJ has killed his team by not getting a crucial 4th down. Who goes for it on their own 31? Wow.
Pretty pleased with the D to be honest considering all the injuries. Not too bad.
Oh, and can our offense from now on just be QB sneaks on every play?

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Achooo. Excuse me, did somebody sneeze? LOL
What a huge freakin win. I felt terrible about this game going in and even worse right before that play.
That's two years in a row, PJ has killed his team by not getting a crucial 4th down. Who goes for it on their own 31? Wow.
Pretty pleased with the D to be honest considering all the injuries. Not too bad.
Oh, and can our offense from now on just be QB sneaks on every play?

Yeah, we're pretty pissed about that 4th down on our own 31 decision. You know, it isn't the decision itself that has me pissed, it's the freaking play. How many times do we run that play and get stuffed short? So naturally we dial it up on a crucial 4th down conversion decision. Sheesh!

Our D sucks balls, has all year, really. We matched up well against Clemson somehow, but UVA and Miami crushed us. If we can beat Duke, UGA is going to do the same thing to us - run right at it. We can't stop it, so why bother passing?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge win tonight..it always makes me nervous playing GT. Never know what to expect with that option. I think I like beating them more than anyone (minus UVA) in the ACC.

Hell if the Dukies can get the Hoos on Saturday we could very well lock it up next Thursday. I don't like the way they kept saying that whoever won this game was pretty much in the ACCCG though. I know UVA has a couple tough games before they get to us but don't sleep on 'em (or UNC). London has them motivated and believing.

LT and DW looked like world-beaters tonight. GT and Groh had absolutely no answer for them. Their run defense has been pretty soft most of the season and it showed. LT could have run QB sneaks all night and picked up 5 yards a pop. Coale had some amazing catches/runs, Coles,Boykin, and Drager had key catches as well.
Defense played hard and came up big when they needed to. Game ball on D goes to Hopkins and Collins and the interior DL. They stuffed the middle pretty well all night IMO. Teams are rarely going to hold this team to less than 400-450 yards a game. We did..

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys know that with this win tonight, we moved into a tie for first place in the coastal?! Don't shun me, but I checked out disney and Heather Dumb-bitch had a write up posted. And well, she just gets dumber:

HD is a stupid **** said:
With their 37-26 win over Georgia Tech in Bobby Dodd Stadium, Virginia Tech eliminated both the Yellow Jackets and Miami in the Coastal Division race and moved into a tie for first place in the division standings with rival Virginia.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we're pretty pissed about that 4th down on our own 31 decision. You know, it isn't the decision itself that has me pissed, it's the freaking play. How many times do we run that play and get stuffed short? So naturally we dial it up on a crucial 4th down conversion decision. Sheesh!

Our D sucks balls, has all year, really. We matched up well against Clemson somehow, but UVA and Miami crushed us. If we can beat Duke, UGA is going to do the same thing to us - run right at it. We can't stop it, so why bother passing?

I'd be mad too. And I think you guys probably win without the punch. How was that guy not ejected by the way?
Anyway, couple of key stats - VT 2-for-2 on 4th down, GT 0-for-2. GT had minus-1 yard in the 4th quarter, and VT had a seven or eight minute edge in time of possession. Oh, and we outrushed GT. Holy cow.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys know that with this win tonight, we moved into a tie for first place in the coastal?! Don't shun me, but I checked out disney and Heather Dumb-bitch had a write up posted. And well, she just gets dumber:

Heather Dimwit strikes again.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Shane Beamer: David we are going to have to run the football this week to win the football game, but they are going to do everything they can to stop it.

David Wilson: (laughing) coach I aint goin let them stop it.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DW is a beast. SB needs to pull Tiki Barber to town even tho he is a wHoo to help him with ball security tho. Keep it high and TIGHT.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a couple of short months on this board and I've got gifs to last a lifetime.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ least 1 GT player already talking smack!

(Former Hokie) Mario Edwards says:

I see ol turkey neck beams took a bye week before he come down here and get hammed on!

So for future reference, does get hammed on mean win by 11?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome win in a pretty damn entertaining game. Offense played really well (minus the Wilson fumble) and O'Cain did a great job tailoring the play calling to GT's weaknesses. The defense played well enough to win. There were still quite a few blown assignments leading to big gains which is frustrating but we managed to hold on.

Now, don't sleep on the next 2 games.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another step forward by Logan.

The offense needed to step up last night and they did. If Wilson holds onto the ball I think we win going away (GT really can't all-out pass to catch up). As soon as we had the 8 point lead their gameplan went all to hell. GTs line can't pass block worth shit. They really arent built to, they thrive off of like traps and chip blocks that triple option tunnels players into. When we could pin our ears back and rush. Yikes.

Hopefully we've got it together now for Clemson (& I guess UNCheat and OoovieA).