• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future Cap Planning - Trades and Releases 2015

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance Arizona would deal Peterson for Suh. IF they would -- I would do so in a heartbeat.

I love Suh, but a legit #1 CB has more impact on the game than a DT.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if we traded Suh for Larry Fitzgerald? It'd give Detroit their much needed 3rd WR. Like Tate, he has some of the best hands in the NFL. Detroit could set a record for the most money spent on a WR corp and we'd have the most exciting offense in the NFL.:whistle: (just kidding)

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunnies too? Or did Bugs just say packeyderm a lot?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, they would trade Suh before they would Stafford. Stafford broke records with a weak WR core.

(Back on subject)
Lets go ahead and deal Suh.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, they would trade Suh before they would Stafford. Stafford broke records with a weak WR core.

(Back on subject)
Lets go ahead and deal Suh.

Cards need more cap money for Suh deal. Naughty's idea would work better with teams with cap room and high picks for me. Raiders and Browns seem more realistic.

Lionstop this would undoubtedly get you a shot at Watkins sitting at 4 or 5 in May. I can not stomach the thought of him gone. This does have me thinking though.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards need more cap money for Suh deal. Naughty's idea would work better with teams with cap room and high picks for me. Raiders and Browns seem more realistic.

Lionstop this would undoubtedly get you a shot at Watkins sitting at 4 or 5 in May. I can not stomach the thought of him gone. This does have me thinking though.

You have a good point. The Raiders are idiots too. I don't think that whoever we could get at 5 would replace Suh, but he'd be cheap and under control for 5 years and we could get two premium free agents with the same money.

I think the point someone else made that an elite CB is much more valuable than an elite DT is a good one. I love the guy, but we can't afford him and so he must go.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a good point. The Raiders are idiots too. I don't think that whoever we could get at 5 would replace Suh, but he'd be cheap and under control for 5 years and we could get two premium free agents with the same money.

I think the point someone else made that an elite CB is much more valuable than an elite DT is a good one. I love the guy, but we can't afford him and so he must go.

Extend Suh and trade him.
Max, I usually agree with a lot of what u say, but this is the dumbest fucking idea imaginable. And I don't mean it to be a dick, but why on God's green Earth would trade our best defensive player who's hitting his prime?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford broke records with a weak WR core.

When you have the best WR in football and a guy many of the all-time greats, including Jerry Rice, have said could go down as the WR in the history of the NFL -- you are not weak at the WR position.

Also -- what records has Stafford broken? Unless you are talking about team records.

And the year the Stafford had the monster season, he had a healthy Burleson, who finished with 73 catches, Pettigrew hadn't started regressing yet and had 83 catches, and Titus Young hadn't lost his mind yet and finished with 48 catches. Of course, Calvin put 1700 and 16 touchdowns too.

That isn't a weak WR core.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max, I usually agree with a lot of what u say, but this is the dumbest fucking idea imaginable. And I don't mean it to be a dick, but why on God's green Earth would trade our best defensive player who's hitting his prime?

The only logical reason I can think of to trade away Suh is if he wants a contract which will make him the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.

DT isn't one of the premier positions on defense and if he wants to be paid like a shutdown CB or a dominant DE who puts up double digit sacks on a yearly basis -- I have no problem getting something for him, instead of letting him walk.

I agree -- Suh is, without a doubt, the best defensive player on the Lions and one of the best DT's in the NFL. If he would sign for a deal like Atkins received -- we should do so immediately. If he wants to be paid like a Darrell Revis or one of the top DE's. No chance I would do so for a DT, unless Suh is going to put up the same numbers he did as a rookie every year going forward, which he hasn't matched yet.

Since his rookie year, when he had 66 tackles and 10 sacks, to go along with an interception and forced fumble. Suh has average 40 tackles and 5.75 sacks, with 1 forced fumble total in 3 years.

That does not add up to the highest paid defensive player in the league in my eyes.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah woah woah. Have you guys lost your fucking minds? I say it's worth a discussion and wake up to 3 pages of see ya later Suh? Suh is one of our best players. Would need to be competent value in return.

Lions would lose Suh and gain cap relief.

Would have to be multiple picks. Jaguars seem to blow their picks anyways. Possible suitor?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he actually signs a reasonable extension.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where we would move right up to 5 and snatch Watkins. Raiders would most likely jump at a trade for Suh in this situation. Lions could still fill the DT position with a guy like Donald and sign Fairley back if he has a decent season. This way, we don't lose a whole lot at all and gain what could be the best offense in the league.

Suh doesn't even seem that passionate about being around and Watkins has been pleading his case about playing for Detroit