• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuller a Bronco

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total package would work I suppose. I haven't checked it out but beat his numbers are superior to Hall of Famer Lynn Swann.
His numbers are similar to Micheal Irvin
Better than Swann

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this season is it. Make or break. He pulls his head out of his butt and looks like he can handle the job or he's done here. And I'm fine with that.
I agree that this year is Lock’s last chance in Denver. If he doesn’t take a large step forward and remove doubt if he is the guy, then you know he is not.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that this year is Lock’s last chance in Denver. If he doesn’t take a large step forward and remove doubt if he is the guy, then you know he is not.

I also agree, but I think it's important the Broncos take this year with him. Swapping out QBs every two years is no way to do it. Someone mentioned Josh Allen and I think that's a decent comparison except Lock had the disadvantage of 2020 being his second season. Between the injury in week 2 and the overall weirdness of how the year unfolded, including before the season started, I definitely think the 5 game sample from 2019 and last year's work cannot yet give us a whole picture.

But if it's more of the same in 2021 then I agree it's probably time to move on. QB is the most important position in all of team sports. These guys need to be able to adjust to it quickly or they are not going to get a chance. You look at the saga of NFL QBs for most teams and it's a 3-4 year cycle for half the league. I'd like the Broncos to not be one of those teams, which is one of the reasons I hope Lock works out for us.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thread about a CB morphed into a thread about a QB. That's the NFL these days...

Okay as much as I've voiced cynicism about the league rewarding offense, teams that play defense can and do still win Super Bowls. The Broncos in 2015 and the Patriots in 2019 (lowest scoring Super Bowl in the history of the game) prove this. These days you cannot build a dynasty on defense but you can win a Super Bowl on it every few years. And since the reality is most teams don't win the Super Bowl every year (31 out of 32 teams fail to win the Super Bowl every year, go ahead and fact check me) maybe it's okay to still be a team so good on defense even the league's agenda can't beat you. The 2015 Broncos were that team. Hell, that season had me wondering if holding was even a thing anymore in the NFL! I'm pretty sure the Panthers wouldn't have even crossed mid-field in SB50 had the refs called holding every time it happened in that game!

At any rate, as a guy who loves defense, I'm thrilled about this signing. I was at B-dubs on my way back to Virginia Beach from Cleveland (judo tournament) and saw it flash on the screen. My daughter was confused and disapproved of my excitement, but my 9 year old son letting rip with a loud belch distracted her from frowning on her old man. Her mini-mom instincts kicked in and she scolded her brother, even as I was laughing both at the audio assault he unleashed on other customers within earshot and the excitement of a great signing by this new Broncos GM.
There's a contemporary novel in this post somewhere.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The unknown is better than the known in this scenario. Just like being drafted . They don’t know how he will turn out.
My thoughts exactly.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree, but I think it's important the Broncos take this year with him. Swapping out QBs every two years is no way to do it. Someone mentioned Josh Allen and I think that's a decent comparison except Lock had the disadvantage of 2020 being his second season. Between the injury in week 2 and the overall weirdness of how the year unfolded, including before the season started, I definitely think the 5 game sample from 2019 and last year's work cannot yet give us a whole picture.

But if it's more of the same in 2021 then I agree it's probably time to move on. QB is the most important position in all of team sports. These guys need to be able to adjust to it quickly or they are not going to get a chance. You look at the saga of NFL QBs for most teams and it's a 3-4 year cycle for half the league. I'd like the Broncos to not be one of those teams, which is one of the reasons I hope Lock works out for us.
Good post. Despite the obvious and significant headwinds last year there was growth. Barring any changes at the top of the QB room, clearly this is a make or break year for Drew.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thread about a CB morphed into a thread about a QB. That's the NFL these days...

Okay as much as I've voiced cynicism about the league rewarding offense, teams that play defense can and do still win Super Bowls. The Broncos in 2015 and the Patriots in 2019 (lowest scoring Super Bowl in the history of the game) prove this. These days you cannot build a dynasty on defense but you can win a Super Bowl on it every few years. And since the reality is most teams don't win the Super Bowl every year (31 out of 32 teams fail to win the Super Bowl every year, go ahead and fact check me) maybe it's okay to still be a team so good on defense even the league's agenda can't beat you. The 2015 Broncos were that team. Hell, that season had me wondering if holding was even a thing anymore in the NFL! I'm pretty sure the Panthers wouldn't have even crossed mid-field in SB50 had the refs called holding every time it happened in that game!

At any rate, as a guy who loves defense, I'm thrilled about this signing. I was at B-dubs on my way back to Virginia Beach from Cleveland (judo tournament) and saw it flash on the screen. My daughter was confused and disapproved of my excitement, but my 9 year old son letting rip with a loud belch distracted her from frowning on her old man. Her mini-mom instincts kicked in and she scolded her brother, even as I was laughing both at the audio assault he unleashed on other customers within earshot and the excitement of a great signing by this new Broncos GM.
Before it morphed into a WR thread!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bullsh*t.

Screw you guys even if it isn't your fault.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bullsh*t.

Screw you guys even if it isn't your fault.
You don’t care for the Fuller for Attachou swap, I see.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year 9.5 million...For Kyle Fuller...Our dipsh*t GM/Management is so f*cking dumb. Hard choices they'll say about this...What a joke...
Attachou is a good player, you will like him. I understand your frustrations with Kyle Fuller though

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attachou could be a double digit sack guy if he ever stayed healthy. Issue is...HE NEVER STAYS HEALTHY!

2019 when we signed him he stayed healthy and he played well. A good rotational pass rusher who may never reach his full potential because of injuries. I feel like his 2019 season with us really revived his playing career. He proved what he can do when healthy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year 9.5 million...For Kyle Fuller...Our dipsh*t GM/Management is so f*cking dumb. Hard choices they'll say about this...What a joke...
You are saying: "Maybe the Broncos are smarter than the average Bear?"

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are saying: "Maybe the Broncos are smarter than the average Bear?"

Damn, that's not even good enough to qualify as a dad joke.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2