• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuller a Bronco

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes! Best available CB this offseason. Great scheme fit, pro bowler. Dependable. Plays the ball well, physical. This one is big for us. Dipped a bit last year but should be fine.

I had been following the rumor that we might get him and hadn't really looked at the guy. The news caught me by surprise. You do a TON of looking at DB's so if you're excited about that guy that's all I need to know.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of teams need CBs - we could be in an ideal trade down spot. Or if one of the QBs we like is there in a tradeable spot, we could move up. If Elway were in charge, it would seem like a slam dunk we wouldn’t end up selecting at 9. Not sure now with Patton.

We could still graba CB at #9 as there are 2 or 3 that might be worth it but somebody like Micah Parsons or Kwity Paye would be decent as well.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could still graba CB at #9 as there are 2 or 3 that might be worth it but somebody like Micah Parsons or Kwity Paye would be decent as well.
Kwity is a great story. Did you see his personal story on ESPN?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had been following the rumor that we might get him and hadn't really looked at the guy. The news caught me by surprise. You do a TON of looking at DB's so if you're excited about that guy that's all I need to know.

The last time Fangio and this kid teamed up he was the best CB in the NFL that season. He is a true #1 CB and allows Fangio to really get creative with his defensive calls now that he knows he has one side of the field locked down. This is a home run for so many reasons. One that is underrated here is just a couple of days ago it looked like if the Broncos wanted him they would have to trade for him. They called the bluff of the Bears and boom got him for a contract cheaper than what they would have traded for and get to keep all of their draft picks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the plan is with Ojemudia... This does give him another year to develop without pressure of having to be depended on in the starting lineup right away. We will have Callahan and Fuller both on one year deals. So this may be perfect for a young CB like Ojemudia. It makes drafting a CB interesting too because we are set for this year but we aren't sure if we are set long term. All I can hope is that Duke Dawson gets a shot as a depth safety because it isn't looking real good for him at CB. :(

Well the odds are he will start at some point this season unless they draft another CB early (still a possibility). Darby and Callahan with their injury histories I doubt both make it all 17 games. Still though good to have a guy with his potential sitting and learning from some of the best and especially now learning from Fuller who maybe played the best at CB under Fangio of any CB during his time in the NFL.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the odds are he will start at some point this season unless they draft another CB early (still a possibility). Darby and Callahan with their injury histories I doubt both make it all 17 games. Still though good to have a guy with his potential sitting and learning from some of the best and especially now learning from Fuller who maybe played the best at CB under Fangio of any CB during his time in the NFL.

Callahan and Fuller are scheduled to be free agents next year. Hopefully Ojemudia develops this season and is ready to step in and start next year. That will provide options going into free agency next year.

Bassey will also get a chance to continue his development once he is healthy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan and Fuller are scheduled to be free agents next year. Hopefully Ojemudia develops this season and is ready to step in and start next year. That will provide options going into free agency next year.

Bassey will also get a chance to continue his development once he is healthy.

Agreed. This a great place for the Broncos to be. Ojemudia always needed some time and it was unfair to put him in the spot they did last year. I say the Broncos still use a decently high pick on the position (not pick 9) and then see where they are as the season develops. Next year's CB class does look potentially good so the reality is they are good either way.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Farley is still their at #9 and assuming Denver didn't trade up to get a quarterback and none of the quarterbacks are their at #9. I would still take him as I like him more than Parsons or some other prospects that are projected around that area. Now, a trade down to get another extra 2nd round pick or a future #1 is a realistic possibility which I would like more if their are any takers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Farley is still their at #9 and assuming Denver didn't trade up to get a quarterback and none of the quarterbacks are their at #9. I would still take him as I like him more than Parsons or some other prospects that are projected around that area. Now, a trade down to get another extra 2nd round pick or a future #1 is a realistic possibility which I would like more if their are any takers.

Right now this would be my top-10 big board for the Broncos...

1) Trevor Lawrence
2) Justin Fields
3) Trey Lance
4) Zach Wilson
5) Penei Sewell
6) Kyle Pitts
7) Caleb Farley
8) Jaylen Waddle
9) Rashawn Slater
10) Ja'Marr Chase

Farley is the only defensive player I would take at 9. Parsons has too many off the field questions and honestly he was one of those guys that needed more consistent tape to prove he deserves to be a top-10 pick. Surtain just not the perfect fit for this scheme. Jaelan Phillips is an interesting one but huge health risks. Ojulari is a favorite if we trade down a bit.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very upset if we spent the #9 pick on Rashawn Slater. He is my Andrew Thomas like unappealing early pick from last years draft. Like Thomas from last year (who really didn't have a good rookie year) I could live with Slater if we moved down, picked up some more picks and took him in Round 1. I have him toe the Chargers at #13 in my most recent mock, but I feel that is even a bit earlier then I would like to take him if I am a team picking. I actually probably like Darrisaw long term a bit more, but Slater is a guy you can start from day 1 is the one thing I do like about him. I like Darisaw's upside better. Slater is guy who I think will be fine in the NFL don't get me wrong. I just don't see the high ceiling in him enough to take him at #9. At that point I would much much rather trade down if we are going to target him as I would be just as fine with Darrisaw. Slater is not the 9th best player in this draft, IMO. I do feel he is a safe pick though and for that I can't really complain with him in Round 1, but we would be passing on what I would call a lot of good talent at #9 to take Slater.

Kyle Pitts is a guy we will never draft obviously with Fant and he will go earlier then #9 and we won't trade up to get him, but to me if you told me to put my money on one prospect to be in the Hall of Fame out of this years draft when their career is over.... My money is on Pitts. I think Trevor Lawrence will be a legend and an elite QB and I have no doubt in my mind you use the first pick on him.... I think Pitts has the least bust potential in this draft.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. This a great place for the Broncos to be. Ojemudia always needed some time and it was unfair to put him in the spot they did last year. I say the Broncos still use a decently high pick on the position (not pick 9) and then see where they are as the season develops. Next year's CB class does look potentially good so the reality is they are good either way.

Yup. Exactly. I was texting with Ojemudia yesterday when the Fuller news broke. This is exactly what I was telling him. Some may look at this as a bad thing for OJ... I see it as a good thing. It takes some pressure off him. We now have two CB's who are on one year contracts ahead of him. Another CB who better play REALLY well this year because his pay is low this year and higher his last two (Darby).... OJ can continue to develop without being thrown into the fire while still seeing a lot of the field and most likely is going to end up playing a lot anyway. I see this as a great thing for his development. Last year we threw him right into the 3rd CB slot with hardly a training camp.. No PS reps... At one time we even talked about maybe depending on him as a starter from week 1 last year with Callahan's injury history. I feel like OJ got pushed a little too fast last year in a year with very little time to prepare and with injuries to our front 7 it didn't help a rookie CB. Overall, I felt like he did some good things too. He had his ups and down. Came in week 1 when Bouye got hurt and played really well. Had an interception called back in which if it doesn't get called back we probably win the game. Also asked him nicely not to give Darby or Fuller his #23 (Since they both wear it)... Because last year after the draft I had suggested he go with #23 and he liked the idea and now I customized made his jersey and bought it soooooo little nervous about that one.

I do think Ojemudia showed a lot more in his rookie year then the other common 3rd rd CB busts we have had.. Especially considering we have a trend of taking undeveloped bigger/physical CB's coming out of college in Round 3 that haven't turned out. OJ was a bit more developed then those guys coming out though, IMO... (Chris Watson, Karl Paymah, Brendan Langley, Isaac Yiadom) I thought Jeremy LeSeur was pretty wel developed coming out but he didn't turn out for us. Yiadom actually ended up having a nice year last year and proved he can play in the NFL. Paymah spent a long time as a special teams player between the Broncos, Vikings and 49ers so he at least had that. Langley and Watson had very short career. Langley couldn't even make an XFL team.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I wonder if we might not rotate some of our players more then normal as the expected 17 game schedule will take a toll and if there is an opportunity to rotate a young guy in for a series or 2 it may not be the end of the world, especially with the injury history of Callahan and Darby.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of that 17 game schedule. Not a fan.

I love football, but why change it? We have enough injuries piling up at the end of the season the way it is. Stats are going to be corrupt now. ;)... You would think I would be excited for an extra game, but I am not... At the end of the day like the draft moving to a Thursday, Friday, Saturday format... I will get use to it.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am unsure about the 17th game but it is a way for the NFL to increase revenue. I bet we see an 18th game,likely with a second bye week, in our lifetime.

I hope teams use the extra game as opportunities to sub in back ups for development, I am talking throughout the season and not just week 17. This is probably not going to happen but would like to see it.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of teams need CBs - we could be in an ideal trade down spot. Or if one of the QBs we like is there in a tradeable spot, we could move up. If Elway were in charge, it would seem like a slam dunk we wouldn’t end up selecting at 9. Not sure now with Patton.
I like the 9th pick. All options on the table have the potential to be significant to the team.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Right now this would be my top-10 big board for the Broncos...

1) Trevor Lawrence
2) Justin Fields
3) Trey Lance
4) Zach Wilson
5) Penei Sewell
6) Kyle Pitts
7) Caleb Farley
8) Jaylen Waddle
9) Rashawn Slater
10) Ja'Marr Chase

Farley is the only defensive player I would take at 9. Parsons has too many off the field questions and honestly he was one of those guys that needed more consistent tape to prove he deserves to be a top-10 pick. Surtain just not the perfect fit for this scheme. Jaelan Phillips is an interesting one but huge health risks. Ojulari is a favorite if we trade down a bit.
with what they are doing in FA and and the QB room is still unsettled I can only gravitate to a trade up for a QB

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To play devil’s advocate, what do you do with your top 10 QB if Lock ends up working out and is a top 10 QB next year? You will not be able to trade that top 10 QB for equal value. Do you keep him as a backup? Trade Lock and hope the rookie turns out to be as good or better then Lock?

Obviously if Lock doesn’t prove he is the guy this year it would be nice to have that top 10 pick step in and see if he is the guy.

I also have concerns that it might cause a divided locker room.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 9th pick. All options on the table have the potential to be significant to the team.

That is kind of where I am at this draft. I want to keep our options open with a trade down but as I said before... I think the top 12-15 prospects in this draft are VERY good and while I like the draft this year for the most part I feel a significant difference between the top 12-15 and after. In my opinion minus a slight move down this is a really good year to stay where you are in the top 15. Of course teams will be giving up a lot to move up for a QB so if you are one of those teams that has that offer and staying in the top 15 move on down.

That being said we all know teams fall in love with players so there could easily be someone under 15 that we value as a top 10 and know we can trade down and get them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To play devil’s advocate, what do you do with your top 10 QB if Lock ends up working out and is a top 10 QB next year? You will not be able to trade that top 10 QB for equal value. Do you keep him as a backup? Trade Lock and hope the rookie turns out to be as good or better then Lock?

Obviously if Lock doesn’t prove he is the guy this year it would be nice to have that top 10 pick step in and see if he is the guy.

I also have concerns that it might cause a divided locker room.

If this happens and Lock EXPLODES where you are comfortable enough that he is our guy then it just really depends on the value you get for the other QB.

I would surely entertain offers, but I wouldn't take a 4th round pick for him just to get rid of him.. Unless the QB gets a chance and turns out Awful then I would think his value would still be decent but probably not exactly the value you drafted him at. Just really depends on the offer.