• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuller a Bronco

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering what other questionable qb's went for this offseason, if we pick a quality starter/pro bowl caliber qb at 9 I'm pretty sure we can get his value back.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering what other questionable qb's went for this offseason, if we pick a quality starter/pro bowl caliber qb at 9 I'm pretty sure we can get his value back.
And if he doesn’t play other teams will know he is a quality starter and Pro Bowl caliber player how?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he doesn’t play other teams will know he is a quality starter and Pro Bowl caliber player how?
The unknown is better than the known in this scenario. Just like being drafted . They don’t know how he will turn out.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwity is a great story. Did you see his personal story on ESPN?

I sure didn't. I started looking at him a while ago when I saw his name pop up as a potential pick in the upper half of the first round. From what I've seen the guy is a beast. Maybe a DE that moves to DT on passing downs kind of beast.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is if we take a QB at 9, the best we can do is a 2nd round pick.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having two awesome qbs will be the least of our problems
Not that it will happen, but there is an old saying that if you have two QB starting QB's then you don't really have a starting QB.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time Fangio and this kid teamed up he was the best CB in the NFL that season. He is a true #1 CB and allows Fangio to really get creative with his defensive calls now that he knows he has one side of the field locked down. This is a home run for so many reasons. One that is underrated here is just a couple of days ago it looked like if the Broncos wanted him they would have to trade for him. They called the bluff of the Bears and boom got him for a contract cheaper than what they would have traded for and get to keep all of their draft picks.
It's kind of crazy. Chicago looks like a dumpster fire right now.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thread about a CB morphed into a thread about a QB. That's the NFL these days...

Okay as much as I've voiced cynicism about the league rewarding offense, teams that play defense can and do still win Super Bowls. The Broncos in 2015 and the Patriots in 2019 (lowest scoring Super Bowl in the history of the game) prove this. These days you cannot build a dynasty on defense but you can win a Super Bowl on it every few years. And since the reality is most teams don't win the Super Bowl every year (31 out of 32 teams fail to win the Super Bowl every year, go ahead and fact check me) maybe it's okay to still be a team so good on defense even the league's agenda can't beat you. The 2015 Broncos were that team. Hell, that season had me wondering if holding was even a thing anymore in the NFL! I'm pretty sure the Panthers wouldn't have even crossed mid-field in SB50 had the refs called holding every time it happened in that game!

At any rate, as a guy who loves defense, I'm thrilled about this signing. I was at B-dubs on my way back to Virginia Beach from Cleveland (judo tournament) and saw it flash on the screen. My daughter was confused and disapproved of my excitement, but my 9 year old son letting rip with a loud belch distracted her from frowning on her old man. Her mini-mom instincts kicked in and she scolded her brother, even as I was laughing both at the audio assault he unleashed on other customers within earshot and the excitement of a great signing by this new Broncos GM.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thread about a CB morphed into a thread about a QB. That's the NFL these days...

Okay as much as I've voiced cynicism about the league rewarding offense, teams that play defense can and do still win Super Bowls. The Broncos in 2015 and the Patriots in 2019 (lowest scoring Super Bowl in the history of the game) prove this. These days you cannot build a dynasty on defense but you can win a Super Bowl on it every few years. And since the reality is most teams don't win the Super Bowl every year (31 out of 32 teams fail to win the Super Bowl every year, go ahead and fact check me) maybe it's okay to still be a team so good on defense even the league's agenda can't beat you. The 2015 Broncos were that team. Hell, that season had me wondering if holding was even a thing anymore in the NFL! I'm pretty sure the Panthers wouldn't have even crossed mid-field in SB50 had the refs called holding every time it happened in that game!

At any rate, as a guy who loves defense, I'm thrilled about this signing. I was at B-dubs on my way back to Virginia Beach from Cleveland (judo tournament) and saw it flash on the screen. My daughter was confused and disapproved of my excitement, but my 9 year old son letting rip with a loud belch distracted her from frowning on her old man. Her mini-mom instincts kicked in and she scolded her brother, even as I was laughing both at the audio assault he unleashed on other customers within earshot and the excitement of a great signing by this new Broncos GM.
Offenses get you to the playoffs
Once there the refs swallow their whistles
The weather changes it allows a defensive team to make a run. Like a hot goaltender in hockey

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it will happen, but there is an old saying that if you have two QB starting QB's then you don't really have a starting QB.
I’m thinking more along the lines of when GB successfully transitioned Rogers into the fold with Brett Favre. Plus, honestly, I don’t have an awful lot of faith in Lock. I’m not hating on the kid, and I truly hope I am dead wrong on him. But I just don’t see it, a few glimpses, but really the only thing he is consistent in is being really inconsistent

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would the greatest Bronco WR be?
Rod Smith, was the best all around wr in Broncos history IMO. He was a leader, excelled in all facets of the game, and was clutch.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Fuller, I’m still on cloud nine with this signing. This is a grand slam and elevates our defense on so many levels. I’m a defense guy too, so this is all gravy to me

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Fuller, I’m still on cloud nine with this signing. This is a grand slam and elevates our defense on so many levels. I’m a defense guy too, so this is all gravy to me
The CBs can give Chubb an extra second to get there and oh yeah we have Von Miller coming from the other side.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton did a great job of rebuilding the CB room. I think we should draft on yet.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m thinking more along the lines of when GB successfully transitioned Rogers into the fold with Brett Favre. Plus, honestly, I don’t have an awful lot of faith in Lock. I’m not hating on the kid, and I truly hope I am dead wrong on him. But I just don’t see it, a few glimpses, but really the only thing he is consistent in is being really inconsistent
I think this season is it. Make or break. He pulls his head out of his butt and looks like he can handle the job or he's done here. And I'm fine with that.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rod Smith, was the best all around wr in Broncos history IMO. He was a leader, excelled in all facets of the game, and was clutch.

Total package would work I suppose. I haven't checked it out but beat his numbers are superior to Hall of Famer Lynn Swann.