• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Front Office @ Mgmt

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As per my sleeperbot app, the Broncos have given Vance Joseph a 4 year deal. Alright boys...lets nail down a GM and get our guy.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who the GM is going to be. Not hearing much on who the favorite is. They have to wait to interview Shanahan again because of the playoffs

Early on I got the feeling that McDaniels was whom the 49ers wanted...much like how they wanted a shot at him if they couldn't land Harbaugh years ago. They said the right things....'we'll get a GM first and he will make the decision on HC/want a GM & HC to work together'....but perhaps they tested the waters to see whom could deal with whom.

As for GM? Hard to say, but I guess I'll go with Eliot....but I hear good things about KC's Ballard. Maybe they are waiting for the Chiefs to be eliminated and then they can make a run at him.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea...there are so many names in play at the moment and so many "this guy has the inside track" reports...I'm not even sure what their line of thought is. Ultimately, it will be the new GM's decision as to which foot this franchise will put forward first. That said...I don't like the idea of giving up high draft picks for a backup QB.

I don't either. Niners are not one, two or even three players away to make a run for the playoffs. They need more talent on this team. Draft Allen or Garrett with the 2nd pick and then a QB in the 2nd round. Niners also need receivers who can create separation from db's.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said...I don't like the idea of giving up high draft picks for a backup QB.

Based on the assumption that it's McDaniels/trades for Jimmy G? I think if they work out other trade terms, I would be down for it for one simple reason. It would be McDaniels and his offense and the QB would be familiar with it. Conversely...lets say hypothetically that the Niners and JM don't make a play for JG.....that falls in line somewhat with what Pete Carroll did with Taylor Mays in the draft and instead went with Earl Thomas.

If anyone knows how good Jimmy G. is gonna be.....I guess it would be Josh McNewCoach.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills just agreed to hire Sean McDermott (Panthers DC) to replace Rex Ryan.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams hire McVay as their new head coach (5 year deal).

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Chargers will hire Anthony Lynn as their next head coach. That leaves the Niners as the only team without a head coach. I have a feeling that it will either be McDaniels or Shanahan.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Chargers will hire Anthony Lynn as their next head coach. That leaves the Niners as the only team without a head coach. I have a feeling that it will either be McDaniels or Shanahan.
Which one would you pick?

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one would you pick?

This is a tough one. McDaniels has had head coaching experience albeit wasn't very successful in Denver. Hopefully he learned a few things about his experience. Shanahan has done a great job with Cousins despite devoid of a good running game. He's also done a great job this season with Matt Ryan. If I were to choose between the two, I would lean with Kyle Shanahan.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough one. McDaniels has had head coaching experience albeit wasn't very successful in Denver. Hopefully he learned a few things about his experience. Shanahan has done a great job with Cousins despite devoid of a good running game. He's also done a great job this season with Matt Ryan. If I were to choose between the two, I would lean with Kyle Shanahan.

It is for me. Is McDaniels just another Belichek guy that doesn't pan out as a head coach? He has heading coaching experience now and that could be good or bad depending on whether he learned from the experience. On the other hand, is Shanahan ready to be a HC?

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is for me. Is McDaniels just another Belichek guy that doesn't pan out as a head coach? He has heading coaching experience now and that could be good or bad depending on whether he learned from the experience. On the other hand, is Shanahan ready to be a HC?

Gase didn't have head coaching experience and he's done a good job with the Dolphins given they don't have a very good QB. Tannehill in my opinion is just average. On the other side of the spectrum, you had Gus Bradley who failed miserably in Jacksonville. Is Shanahan ready? I don't know?? The Steelers took a chance on Mike Tomlin in 2007 and have enjoyed success. Of course, the Steelers had the sme GM since 2000 so there's continuity and longevity. The Steelers also have had good success in the draft. I just hope that the new head coach and GM can coexist and are able to evaluate talent. That would be a step in the right direction.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take either McDaniels or Shanahan. They've both shown that they can devise gameplans around their respective talents and attack opponents accordingly. They were probably the two top dogs in the would-be-HC's category this year and the fact that SF has a chance at either is surprising to say the least. Maybe even after all the damage that has been self-inflicted to this franchise, there is still some desire to work here.

I honestly was afraid we may end up getting stuck with a Tom Cable at the beginning of this process, but....I'll just wait until we officially sign someone. I think the holdup has got to be more for the GM spot and potentially looking at Ballard from KC - can't do any interviews until the Chiefs are eliminated, but at some point, the brass has to realize they need to get a full staff in place. Perhaps there are some handshake deals in place, a full staff is being assembled and such....

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off Topic, but the Falcons are laying the wood on the Seahawks. Their offense looks unstoppable. I've been very impressed.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off Topic, but the Falcons are laying the wood on the Seahawks. Their offense looks unstoppable. I've been very impressed.
Not off topic because Shenzhen is a candidate. I am enjoying this game though. See Carroll's look, lol

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how average Shitattle looks when they're not getting 99.9% of the calls in their favor.