• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

From people who actually know shit

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most concerning thing to me actually right now is that Kerr has messed up the flow of the entire offense. If you watch the Warriors right now, their offense is really methodical, without much flow. It's reverted back to really a mostly triangle offense, with a lot of wing isolation's and curls up for long 2's. The Warriors are 20th (!!!!) in the NBA in 3 point attempts per game. Much of this has to do with the sets they are running and the looks they are resulting in. Klay is averaging 11.3 2 point attempts per game. Much of them are elbow curls and he's shooting a lot of long 2's. He's still shooting a great percentage on them, but it shows the nature of the offense and the philosophy shift.

The Warriors are running less pick and rolls than ever, even when they were running them minimally anyways. Right now the offense is really just succeeding on talent alone. It's crazy.

Someone needs to get in Kerr's ear, ASAP, about how to fix this issue. Ever since Alvin Gentry left the Warriors, they have shifted more and more to a triangle based offense. It's crazy considering the guys we have in place and it's completely different from 3 years ago.

This is my biggest gripe with the team right now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the goal isnt to make money for some of these guys

I mean - you think that Paul Allen owned the Blazers to make money? or that Ballmer bought the CLippers to make money? of course not.

I disagree. End of the day, they are businessmen and they want their businesses to be profitable. They may not be concerned that their franchise be as profitable as whatever their main business might be, but they sure don't buy these teams with the intent of losing money.

The only difference is that some owners are willing to spend more than others to win titles. Some will risk breaking even or losing money for a few years to win titles, but at the end of the day, they want to make some money.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most concerning thing to me actually right now is that Kerr has messed up the flow of the entire offense. If you watch the Warriors right now, their offense is really methodical, without much flow. It's reverted back to really a mostly triangle offense, with a lot of wing isolation's and curls up for long 2's. The Warriors are 20th (!!!!) in the NBA in 3 point attempts per game. Much of this has to do with the sets they are running and the looks they are resulting in. Klay is averaging 11.3 2 point attempts per game. Much of them are elbow curls and he's shooting a lot of long 2's. He's still shooting a great percentage on them, but it shows the nature of the offense and the philosophy shift.

The Warriors are running less pick and rolls than ever, even when they were running them minimally anyways. Right now the offense is really just succeeding on talent alone. It's crazy.

Someone needs to get in Kerr's ear, ASAP, about how to fix this issue. Ever since Alvin Gentry left the Warriors, they have shifted more and more to a triangle based offense. It's crazy considering the guys we have in place and it's completely different from 3 years ago.

I'm wondering if some of it has to do with teams concentrating on stopping the Warriors 3's? They've never been as "3 dependent" as some like to claim, but the 3 has been a big part of what they do and tends to feed their long scoring runs.

Teams may be adjusting their defense to defend it better and now the Warriors need to adjust to try to get the same looks?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if some of it has to do with teams concentrating on stopping the Warriors 3's? They've never been as "3 dependent" as some like to claim, but the 3 has been a big part of what they do and tends to feed their long scoring runs.

Teams may be adjusting their defense to defend it better and now the Warriors need to adjust to try to get the same looks?

It's entirely possible. The general strategy in any game would be to run Klay, Steph and KD off the line and sag and dare Andre and Draymond to shoot. But what I've seen this year is that the sets the Warriors are running in the half court have much less overall movement to them. In the past the Warriors would generally create good shots, which would then be passed to great shots. Could just be my perception this year, but that doesn't seem to be happening as much.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's entirely possible. The general strategy in any game would be to run Klay, Steph and KD off the line and sag and dare Andre and Draymond to shoot. But what I've seen this year is that the sets the Warriors are running in the half court have much less overall movement to them. In the past the Warriors would generally create good shots, which would then be passed to great shots. Could just be my perception this year, but that doesn't seem to be happening as much

You may well be right. It can certainly be a case where both are true.

I'd also add that teams were never going to just allow themselves to get their heads kicked in until the Warriors got old or decided to break up. Teams are being built to directly challenge the Warriors.

They have tended to struggle with long, athletic teams that can switch everything defensively. More teams are trying to build like that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have an idea. Let Stephen Curry play!

Joking aside...that's all that's the problem. He's the team MVP.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an idea. Let Stephen Curry play!

Joking aside...that's all that's the problem. He's the team MVP.

100% accurate. People honestly need to realize the impact he has on the team. It's crazy he still doesn't get the respect he deserves.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% accurate. People honestly need to realize the impact he has on the team. It's crazy he still doesn't get the respect he deserves.
The man was playing like an MVP candidate again and got hurt. Then the team started looking like shit. It's not about Dray and KD.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they cant resign boogie- at least i dont think they can. Lets just say it woudl be extremely hard for them to do so and might be impossible.

It comes down to what I had said before- you really cant carry 4 max contracts- especially into the repeater tax.

I think you're right here about Boogie. There's a rule in the CBA says you can't give a player X% past his previous year's salary. Boogie is on the mid-level right now and if he were to sign for the max, that would far exceed that percentage.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=25288942

Listening to this now. Check out the first 15 to 20 minutes for relevant Draymond stuff. I'd take this as close to credible as you get. Russillo has a lot of sources with the Warriors, including Bob Myers who has been friendly with for years.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Legler

Listening to this now. Check out the first 15 to 20 minutes for relevant Draymond stuff. I'd take this as close to credible as you get. Russillo has a lot of sources with the Warriors, including Bob Myers who has been friendly with for years.
Can you give a quick summary? I'm way too important and busy to listen. :heh:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article:

Should the Warriors Move on From Draymond Green?

Best quote:

"As [Klay] Thompson eloquently said of the KD-Draymond beef, “This thing will be in the past like a ponytail.” "
I haven't read much about it , but it sounded like Draymond was bitching about Durant being a free agent this summer and may have been pressuring Durant to sign for less money - but that's not his business. Durant will make his own decisions in his own way and time

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are winning championships every year. Why would you "move on?" People who "know shit" would fix the situation.

It was uncalled for what Green did. But you sit him down with Durant and work it and also bring up the fact, "Listen guys were 12-4, Curry has been hurt and Cousins hasn't even played a game yet" ROFLMAO. Grow the hell up. Quit pointing fingers and lets keep winning championships for as long as we can. Duhh!!!!

What do you want to do? Go to some bottom feeding team out East and lose every year? You think you're pissed now, just wait until you go to a team like Chicago or something

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are winning championships every year. Why would you "move on?" People who "know shit" would fix the situation.

It was uncalled for what Green did. But you sit him down with Durant and work it and also bring up the fact, "Listen guys were 12-4, Curry has been hurt and Cousins hasn't even played a game yet" ROFLMAO. Grow the hell up. Quit pointing fingers and lets keep winning championships for as long as we can. Duhh!!!!

What do you want to do? Go to some bottom feeding team out East and lose every year? You think you're pissed now, just wait until you go to a team like Chicago or something

When I titled this thread being from people who know shit, it was mostly Dorian who I was thinking as an example of....the opposite

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I titled this thread being from people who know shit, it was mostly Dorian who I was thinking as an example of....the opposite

If green is miserable now, you can only imagine how miserable he'll be on a crappy team. Why be miserable anyways when you don't have to do shit like Green and win championships every year? :L

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If green is miserable now, you can only imagine how miserable he'll be on a crappy team. Why be miserable anyways when you don't have to do shit like Green and win championships every year? :L

Green isn't the FA thinking of leaving, it's KD. And this beef wasn't about Green being unhappy, it was about the team wanting KD to buy in and not play baby games. Once again you prove me right.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green isn't the FA thinking of leaving, it's KD. And this beef wasn't about Green being unhappy, it was about the team wanting KD to buy in and not play baby games. Once again you prove me right.

Again,, Durant couldn't even win with Westbrook and Harden. If he leaves GS, he's SOL.

Which is my point. Why break a great thing up on PURPOSE? Durant's best chance to win more is stay put.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again,, Durant couldn't even win with Westbrook and Harden. If he leaves GS, he's SOL.

Which is my point. Why break a great thing up on PURPOSE? Durant's best chance to win more is stay put.

Agree that he has his best chance to win another one by staying next year, which would presumably make 4 in a row. But that's it, the core 4 could not exist past next year. If I were him I would leave then, but none of us knows what makes these guys tick, and I doubt even KD knows yet. He has a lot of Bay Area vc bigwigs all over him too.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that he has his best chance to win another one by staying next year, which would presumably make 4 in a row. But that's it, the core 4 could not exist past next year. If I were him I would leave then, but none of us knows what makes these guys tick, and I doubt even KD knows yet. He has a lot of Bay Area vc bigwigs all over him too.

they only need to continue to build around Curry/Durant/Klay. Plenty of interchangeable parts to put around the 3 for the next 5-6 years. I don't know why money would.. How many millions do you need? How many steaks can you eat in one day? If you need more money after what they have made, you have a serious mental issue that needs to be looked at

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they only need to continue to build around Curry/Durant/Klay. Plenty of interchangeable parts to put around the 3 for the next 5-6 years. I don't know why money would.. How many millions do you need? How many steaks can you eat in one day? If you need more money after what they have made, you have a serious mental issue that needs to be looked at

I defer to your experience on that