• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

From people who actually know shit

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birds of a feather.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure there's going to be long term ramifications of this, but in the short term, for this season, they'll definitely be able to get over it. They'll likely even still be close friends after this, but from an on-court perspective this is likely done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article:

Should the Warriors Move on From Draymond Green?

Best quote:

"As [Klay] Thompson eloquently said of the KD-Draymond beef, “This thing will be in the past like a ponytail.” "
just wondering what you expected them to say--- not saying this isnt true- who the hell knows

but did you expect them to say "Ya know- this might be irreparable- its clear KD is leaving and Draymond is pissed that its become a side show- this is the last year they will be together".

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wondering what you expected them to say--- not saying this isnt true- who the hell knows

but did you expect them to say "Ya know- this might be irreparable- its clear KD is leaving and Draymond is pissed that its become a side show- this is the last year they will be together".
Well of course not. And KD is still 50/50 at best to stay, maybe 40/60. Just liked Klay's ponytail line.

If you read the article, it's all addressed there. The GM correctly says all dynasties end and you never really know when or how. If it ends after this year, then 4 titles in 5 years is one of the best runs of all time and no Warriors fan will be sad about that.

This is also why it's not dumb for teams to play for this year or next, you don't know what's going to happen. So LeBron isn't dumb to ''waste" a year in LA, he knows his chances of winning there are greater over the next 5 years than if he stayed in Cleveland. Plus he hates Gilbert and loves LA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure there's going to be long term ramifications of this, but in the short term, for this season, they'll definitely be able to get over it. They'll likely even still be close friends after this, but from an on-court perspective this is likely done.

bingo

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a regular season game not playoff game. Media is just ridiculous. Always has to blow up a story

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction on how this ends is a murder/suicide scenario.

Dray kills Durant. Spends all night drinking with Durant's corpse in his hotel room. Then Dray takes a swan dive from the penthouse balcony.

I've never been wrong about something like this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction on how this ends is a murder/suicide scenario.

Dray kills Durant. Spends all night drinking with Durant's corpse in his hotel room. Then Dray takes a swan dive from the penthouse balcony.

I've never been wrong about something like this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... NSFW, hoss! :D
lol....true true

i just figured thats what Dray will be doing from your post--- drinking wine from Durant's skull.lol...

#gameofthrones

dont worry- Jon Snow got him!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T
It’s a regular season game not playoff game. Media is just ridiculous. Always has to blow up a story
This is true, but the Warriors are the most famous team in the country, they are like other dynasties (Kobe Shaq Lakers, MJ Bulls), the media is going to follow them with a microscope

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt it. It's going to end some time. If KD leaves, its because he's wanted out to do his own thing (which has been heavily rumored long before this argument). If KD stays, Green probably won't be the roster past 2020 anyway because they aren't paying the max to all 4 guys. This doesn't really change the fundamental decisions that are going to be made. It's coming regardless of if the argument happened or not.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. It's going to end some time. If KD leaves, its because he's wanted out to do his own thing (which has been heavily rumored long before this argument). If KD stays, Green probably won't be the roster past 2020 anyway because they aren't paying the max to all 4 guys. This doesn't really change the fundamental decisions that are going to be made. It's coming regardless of if the argument happened or not.

Agree. Seems like folks have been speculating on how/when this dynasty would end ever since KD first signed with them.

Between Dray being Dray, Klay saying he's not giving any discounts and the belief that KD will leave eventually want to do his own thing someplace else, everyone knew that, at best, they were looking at 1, maybe 2 more years with this group.

All this incident may have done is speed up the inevitable. Even if KD leaves, the Warriors will just re-sign Boogie. So, they'll be fine.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Seems like folks have been speculating on how/when this dynasty would end ever since KD first signed with them.

Between Dray being Dray, Klay saying he's not giving any discounts and the belief that KD will leave eventually want to do his own thing someplace else, everyone knew that, at best, they were looking at 1, maybe 2 more years with this group.

All this incident may have done is speed up the inevitable. Even if KD leaves, the Warriors will just re-sign Boogie. So, they'll be fine.
they cant resign boogie- at least i dont think they can. Lets just say it woudl be extremely hard for them to do so and might be impossible.

It comes down to what I had said before- you really cant carry 4 max contracts- especially into the repeater tax.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they cant resign boogie- at least i dont think they can. Lets just say it woudl be extremely hard for them to do so and might be impossible.

It comes down to what I had said before- you really cant carry 4 max contracts- especially into the repeater tax.

Yeah, iirc, they can sign KD for 1 more season, or if KD walks, they could sign Boogie for 1 more season.

Or, they could sign KD or Boogie long term, but they will have to make some tough decisions or some guys will have to take less.

But I think you're right that they can't carry 4 max guys on long term deals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, iirc, they can sign KD for 1 more season, or if KD walks, they could sign Boogie for 1 more season.

Or, they could sign KD or Boogie long term, but they will have to make some tough decisions or some guys will have to take less.

But I think you're right that they can't carry 4 max guys on long term deals.
well the thing with Durant is they had his Bird Rights- so they theoritcally COULD sign him butit would just cost mountains and mountains and moutnains ofca sh

I dont even thinkt hey could sign Cousins to close to a market deal.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the thing with Durant is they had his Bird Rights- so they theoritcally COULD sign him butit would just cost mountains and mountains and moutnains ofca sh

I dont even thinkt hey could sign Cousins to close to a market deal.

You might be right about Boogie. It'll be interesting to see what he has left and whether he can command a max deal anymore. If he can and KD leaves, does he take less to stay?

Yeah, theoretically speaking, the Warriors could carry 4 max guys as long as it's Steph, Klay, Dray and KD...but would that be financially sustainable or would the Warriors even want to try?

End of the day, it's still a business and the goal is to make money.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right about Boogie. It'll be interesting to see what he has left and whether he can command a max deal anymore. If he can and KD leaves, does he take less to stay?

Yeah, theoretically speaking, the Warriors could carry 4 max guys as long as it's Steph, Klay, Dray and KD...but would that be financially sustainable or would the Warriors even want to try?

End of the day, it's still a business and the goal is to make money.
the goal isnt to make money for some of these guys

I mean - you think that Paul Allen owned the Blazers to make money? or that Ballmer bought the CLippers to make money? of course not.