• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forty-Niners@Rams Post-Game Analysis: Rams Lose 17-31

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I agree with just about everything that has been said here, but maybe we should black out this thread before everybody gets a thumbs down from certain individuals who can't ever admit to being wrong. Fisher could burn down an orphanage and he would still have his blind supporters that can't be objective because they feel it would be disloyal I guess.

The facts are that we've blundered the draft, and we've blundered the use of the limited talent we do have to get into the position we're in now. Who in the world drafts an OG the 2nd overall pick in the draft??? Who in the world moves up in the first round 7th overall to draft a puny WR that only sees the field occasionally??? Who in the world reaches with so many players as we have??? Who in the world grudgingly can't admit they made an mistake by hanging on to one of the wimpiest, timid QBs in the league for so long??? In case any of you missed it, it is the St. Louis Rams and their moronic coaching staff/Front office.

Fisher will inevitably go down as a huge failure and incompetent after this fiasco and the wasting of the RG3 picks. Great comparison of the Dallas Hershel Walker situation to this.

The evidence is overwhelming for those who want to look at it objectively. But then there are the homers who will continue to live in their delusions.......But what I'm saying is just BS of course......Now, let the thumbs down commence, as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah... I'm getting hammered pretty hard buy the guys @ work. I've heard all the lame jokes. There's mostly Giant and Cowboy fans around here. Only 2 words to say......Rams Suck!! :L Kind of wish this season was almost over, but its not even midway.

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the organization does not give a pass to Snead and Fisher because Bradford got hurt. The Bradford situation is also on them because they committed to a QB who had obvious problems staying healthy throughout his entire career. It is not like he had just missed a few games and this injury happened in the preseason and caught them by surprise. They were very aware after last season that they needed to have a very good backup for Bradford in case something happened and their plan was a 13 year vet ?? Austin Davis was never in their plans so the plan was Shaun Hill and that backfired terribly.

Let's hope the organization finally makes the correct move and at least replaces Snead at the end of the season.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher and Snead deserve no real credit for Austin if Mr.Glass Bradford didn't get hurt in the preseason and got hurt week one Davis would be bagging grocies somewhere.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Pead, I still think the picks were fine. It's the coaching and the misuse of the picks that is troubling. They took their time with Quick and that appears to finally be bearing fruit. They messed around with Robinson this preseason by playing him at LT when they should've been preparing him for LG all along. Austin could be a nightmare for opposing defenses if the Rams had a better OC. Langford has been solid, better than the guys they might have drafted (Blackmon, Claiborne) if they didn't trade down. Ogletree is still raw, but shows promise.

Is it too much to ask to have a solid OC and DC without turnover every year or two? These players can't have the systems become second nature and excel in them if there is no consistency year to year.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Pead, I still think the picks were fine. It's the coaching and the misuse of the picks that is troubling. They took their time with Quick and that appears to finally be bearing fruit. They messed around with Robinson this preseason by playing him at LT when they should've been preparing him for LG all along. Austin could be a nightmare for opposing defenses if the Rams had a better OC. Langford has been solid, better than the guys they might have drafted (Blackmon, Claiborne) if they didn't trade down. Ogletree is still raw, but shows promise.

Is it too much to ask to have a solid OC and DC without turnover every year or two? These players can't have the systems become second nature and excel in them if there is no consistency year to year.

You're kidding right Shopson? This is your idea of a joke right? We could debate the picks the Rams made INSTEAD of some other picks they could have had, but the main point of your statement I disagree with is keeping our current coaching staff simply for the sake of consistency!?!? :lame::doh::gaah::lol:

The operative word in your statement was SOLID, which we have nowhere. Not in the coaches, FO, Owner, etc. Even the place the team resides in is tentative at this point. Where exactly do you see anything "Solid" in this organization, with the exception of course being between the ears of one Rockhead Jeff Fisher. Not much moving around in there, that's for certain.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding right Shopson? This is your idea of a joke right? We could debate the picks the Rams made INSTEAD of some other picks they could have had, but the main point of your statement I disagree with is keeping our current coaching staff simply for the sake of consistency!?!? :lame::doh::gaah::lol:

The operative word in your statement was SOLID, which we have nowhere. Not in the coaches, FO, Owner, etc. Even the place the team resides in is tentative at this point. Where exactly do you see anything "Solid" in this organization, with the exception of course being between the ears of one Rockhead Jeff Fisher. Not much moving around in there, that's for certain.

That wasn't my point at all concerning the coaching staff. I would never keep crap coaches around for consistency's sake. They need to hire competent coordinators and stick with them. Simply having better hires at OC and DC will help avoid the changeover issues. The ineptitude in choosing coordinators sets the team back both by the poor systems and play calls and by the inevitable delay in learning the next coordinators' systems, especially in this day and age where the offseason contact with players has been further limited. I'm not a fan of Schitty or Williams at this point. Right now, Schitty is actually the better of the two, and that's saying something. The offense is showing signs as the team trusts the QB play, but Williams' system is either just horrible or confusing the crap out of the players.

I think for the most part that the draft picks have been solid. The free agency signings, not as much, especially when the coaches use veteran backups as starters. The coaching has been responsible for a large percentage of the Rams' troubles, with the remainder due to youth and talent level to some degree (there are still major holes to be addressed).

Last edited by a moderator: