• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For all you Lebron Haters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some of that is from forming these super teams with multiple all stars. Kobe didn't have a 3rd guy like LeBron has had since he ring chased. There wouldn't be this sitting out games if he wasn't on stacked team and playing in East just multiplies that.

I'll give you LeBron is a better passer and rebounder. Nice stat stuffers. In comparing greats those don't mean much. LeBron styled is just much like his choices to Go to Miami and then once Cleveland had kyrie and love. Raise your hand if you think he goes back without both. He likes easy things. Passing to open shooters. Recruited high 3 point shooters. He don't like tough defenders. Hed rather run a pick and get switched on to a smaller guy. How many times did we see him matched up with iguoudala and he switch on to curry purposely over and over. He chooses easy matchups like that. That's just not how Kobe and Jordan brain work. They like screw a pick you can't guard me. Jordan went right at players like John Starks. Kobe destroyed players like raja bell Bruce Bowen etc. Not getting switched onto some 175 pound pg smh

Kobe wasnt even the #1 guy on his team for 3 of the titles.

Kobe Bryant was going to be a chicago bull at one point before vetoing the deal because the Bulls would have gutted their team to get him. Its not like Kobe didnt whine

and Kobe MISSED the playoffs in his prime. LeBron took a team with Delonte West and Zydrunas Ilguaskas to the Finals.

if you put Kobe on that team they dont even sniff the Finals.

LeBron is just simply better.

Kobe hsould have probably had a 2nd mvp----- but LeBron has FOUR- and LeBron should prob have 6

LEBron was the best player on 3 title teams-- Kobe twice.

LeBron gets the most out of his teammates- Kobe didnt even bother with half the guys on his team.

if you were building an NBA team and had ot pick between the 2- i have to imagine at least 9 out of 10 woudl pick lebron.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Shame in being 2nd fiddle to Shaq. You want championships, you ride a prime/peak Shaq. Especially in the triangle offense. What hurt Kobe was just not going with that or another season or two. He would have 7-8 titles instead of 5.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Shame in being 2nd fiddle to Shaq. You want championships, you ride a prime/peak Shaq. Especially in the triangle offense. What hurt Kobe was just not going with that or another season or two. He would have 7-8 titles instead of 5.

Shaq made his own way out of LA. Getting fat, not rehabbing over the summer, shouting down the owner during a telecast to "pay him", etc. If Shaq had a better work ethic, he and Kobe would've gotten along much better.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq made his own way out of LA. Getting fat, not rehabbing over the summer, shouting down the owner during a telecast to "pay him", etc. If Shaq had a better work ethic, he and Kobe would've gotten along much better.

this has been explained over...

and over...

and over...

and over again...:rolleyes2:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe Bryant was going to be a chicago bull at one point before vetoing the deal because the Bulls would have gutted their team to get him. Its not like Kobe didnt whine

and Kobe MISSED the playoffs in his prime. LeBron took a team with Delonte West and Zydrunas Ilguaskas to the Finals.

Kobe hsould have probably had a 2nd mvp----- but LeBron has FOUR- and LeBron should prob have 6

LeBron gets the most out of his teammates- Kobe didnt even bother with half the guys on his team.

if you were building an NBA team and had ot pick between the 2- i have to imagine at least 9 out of 10 woudl pick lebron.
You're full of shit - Shaq wins one of the titles without Kobe, but not two or three. Shaq never played 82 games for the Lakers and Kobe carried the team when Shaq was out on injuries - and scored 40 points per game for something like 14 games straight and Kobe was the one that called Shaq in the middle of the night to work on their game plan in how the two of them would carry the team. I know you like to suck on LeBron, and I will be the first to admit that Kobe was not as great as Michael Jordan, but LeBron cannot jump past Kobe, Kareem Abdul Jabaar, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and Isaiah Thomas next to Michael Jordan when he has a losing record in the finals. Let the man finish his career first and if he gets a couple of more rings - He will earn his place in history, but with no disrespect to LeBron - there are too many other players that did a lot more for the game and NBA then was LeBron has done.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replace MJ with Lebron on those great Bulls' teams, they would have won a few.
Lebron doesn't have the artistry of many of the other all time greats, but he is damn effective.

They had Pippen. Who do they trade Pippen for because the roster wouldn't make much sense with both of them starting. You can't do this sort of thing. It's like having the Blazers draft Jordan. They already had Drexler. Jordan's the GOAT but Drexler could play.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell would have played center? The game was way different back then with no zone and you could iso a guy like Ewing in the post. Now they just collapse. And players didn't shoot the 3 like they do now. Jordan played 3 years at Carolina with no 3 point line. He hit big 3's when he needed to with the bulls but he was never a great deep threat. Now the entire league is hitting like 40+% on corner 3's and there aren't many backcourt players that you can give up a free look anywhere from 3.

These arguments are silly unless you're talking about a guy who plays the same position. The Knicks built their entire roster around Ewing and he was the focal point of the offense. Take him off the roster and insert someone else and it's an entirely different franchise over that era.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleveland fans you get a laugh out of this one. lebron the cody kessler of the NBA. saw him USC all those years. he the CPT checkdown. dumpoff pass to kyrie in the clutch let him do the work. kyrie his juju smith. lebron the qb. he not a RB or receiver. he dont want the ball :dhd:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The folks here who constantly mythologize how the NBA was in the 90s.

FTR, in 20 years there will be folks doing the same thing about the next Magic/MJ/Lebron and saying how that player would have struggled against Lebron/MJ/Magic. It's the nature of sports to think that previous generations were somehow "better"

Really well said

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleveland fans you get a laugh out of this one. lebron the cody kessler of the NBA. saw him USC all those years. he the CPT checkdown. dumpoff pass to kyrie in the clutch let him do the work. kyrie his juju smith. lebron the qb. he not a RB or receiver. he dont want the ball :dhd:

Is there a decoder for this post?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had Pippen. Who do they trade Pippen for because the roster wouldn't make much sense with both of them starting. You can't do this sort of thing. It's like having the Blazers draft Jordan. They already had Drexler. Jordan's the GOAT but Drexler could play.

You wouldn't think that it would be necessary to explain Drexler's greatness (HOFer, member of the Dream Team, member of the top 50 team), but for some reason people gloss over all of that.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2u42f10.jpg

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, you are talking about Kobe that never beat a 50+ win without Shaq and Gasol.
You are talking about an MJ that was getting swept out the first round before Pippen.
Both did nothing without Phil Jackson.

You are talking about Love and Kyrie that never won a playoff series without LeBron.
LeBron is too busy going to seven straight Finals without his legendary coach.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fucking sad thing is that even if LeBron would sweep the Warriors, haters will still talk.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, you are talking about Kobe that never beat a 50+ win without Shaq and Gasol.
You are talking about an MJ that was getting swept out the first round before Pippen.
Both did nothing without Phil Jackson.

You are talking about Love and Kyrie that never won a playoff series without LeBron.
LeBron is too busy going to seven straight Finals without his legendary coach.

You talking like Kobe had gasol and Shaq at same time. Never had 3 stars like LeBron. Thats the point here. That would be like Kobe, Shaq, and also Iverson. Thats kinds teams LeBron gets

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What all time greats have publicly taken leshortcut over kobe?

NEW YORK-Scottie Pippen said that LeBron James is the greatest all round player of all time while Michael Jordan is only the greatest scorer of all time on ESPN’s Mike And Mike In The Morning Radio Show:

“Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to play the game,” Pippen said Friday on “Mike & Mike In The Morning” on ESPN Radio. “But I may go as far as to say LeBron James may be the greatest player to ever play the game because he is so potent offensively that not only can he score at will but he keeps everybody involved.

swansonsmile.gif

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't ride a lazy narrative man. Kobe was the 1A most times when it came to the West(moreso in titles 2 and 3), and then Shaq took it over in the Finals. TRUST ME, go back and look at the stats.

Kobe wanted to go team up with BEN GORDON and LUOL DENG. Some great team that was...

Kobe missed the playoffs because the 1 year, because the entire squad left after Shaq got traded. ALSO in that year, Kobe and Lamar got hurt for the year. They started the year 24-19, and then Rudy T had to step down from being coach for medical reasons. Again, context.

The MVP talk is totally subjective. For instance I thought D-Wade should of been the MVP in one of those years( I think it was 09). I thought Kobe should of gotten Nash's, and some people think CP3 should of gotten Kobe's, so I won't go there.

Lebron plays a more team friendly game no doubt about it....but look, let's not forget the fact that Gasol got swept every time he made the playoffs in Memphis. Let's also remember the rosters that Kobe played with in 08, 09, and 2010.

Lakers ran through the West(and beat the defending champion Spurs in 5), with a line up of Fisher, Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Radmonovic, and the only other person worth anything that year was Sasha Vujacic.

They won the title in 09 with with guys like Farmar, Ariza, and Shannon Brown, ALL of which was made better by Kobe. Bynum was back that year, but merely averaged single digit points, because he was hurt.

Lastly, in 2010, they defeated FOUR All-stars(Rondo made the all star team that year), with 3 of em being future hall of famers.

So look, I don't get offended when someone chooses Lebron, or Duncan, or whoever over Kobe....but what gets me is when people remember so little of how great Kobe truly was

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie Pippen: LeBron James Not Better Than Kobe Bryant

from your brilliant article:

“And I don’t think he should be compared to either of those players [Michael Jordan and Kobe] because they’re playing different positions. Kobe and Michael are both 2 guards. They’re both scorers. They’re mostly like a Kyrie [Irving] — they’re looking to score the basketball.

“I like to compare him to Magic. I think he plays a lot more like Magic, a lot more like myself — how I played, but obviously he’s more dominant than both me and Magic because of the way that he plays the game. His physicality, his athleticism surpassed Magic as well as me.”

Agree. Lebron has always compared far more favorably to Magic than MJ or Kobe as far as style of play. Unfortunately for Lebron (and everyone else) when it comes to GOAT status, MJ is there at the top of the list and it doesn't look like he's getting removed any time soon.

As far as the point someone made about him "looking to defer." I think that, as a facilitator, he looks to make the right play at the right time. Sure Magic was willing to take the high pressure shot. But you also never saw anyone criticize him for giving up the ball to Kareem or James Worthy in a pressure situation.

I think there was a time in Lebron's career when him shying away from taking the high pressure shot was a legit criticism. However, I think that, at least since his 2nd season in Miami, he has shown that he is not only willing to take those shots, but does a good job of hitting them too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if LeBron would sweep the Warriors

You can live in your fantasy world where that is even the slimmest of possibilities, lol.

Of course haters will still talk. Winning doesn't change the means taken to get there. Lebron isn't as bad as Durant IMO since at least he didn't join a team just out of the finals without him, but he's still jumped teams twice to try to short-cut the team-building process.