• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For all you Lebron Haters

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pose a hypothetical.

If the New York Knicks were to draft Lebron James instead of Patrick Ewing, how many championships do you think the Knicks would have won? I've heard lots of folks say that the league was much tougher back then. So do you think the Knicks would have been worse, the same, or better with Lebron James?

If the Knicks aren't your thing, replace them with the Trailblazers or Pacers. Replace whatever player you want with Lebron. How would that team have fared?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pose a hypothetical.

If the New York Knicks were to draft Lebron James instead of Patrick Ewing, how many championships do you think the Knicks would have won? I've heard lots of folks say that the league was much tougher back then. So do you think the Knicks would have been worse, the same, or better with Lebron James?

If the Knicks aren't your thing, replace them with the Trailblazers or Pacers. Replace whatever player you want with Lebron. How would that team have fared?

Probably the same considering they still had to go through MJ.

Seriously though, it's hard to say. Lebron would have been brought up playing 90's style basketball so he likely wouldn't be the same type of player that he is now. He would likely be a more traditional power forward.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pose a hypothetical.

Lebron is probably closest to Bird in many ways. The thing L J has over even Bird is his ability to take over a game in championship moments, he's probably closest to Jordan in that way.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron would of been Bitch slapped by MJ every year, probably Zero rings just Like Patrick, Reggie, Barkley. :pound:

Replace MJ with Lebron on those great Bulls' teams, they would have won a few.
Lebron doesn't have the artistry of many of the other all time greats, but he is damn effective.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously though, it's hard to say. Lebron would have been brought up playing 90's style basketball so he likely wouldn't be the same type of player that he is now. He would likely be a more traditional power forward.

I doubt he would have been that much different. Guys like Bird, Magic and MJ forged their own path, Lebron has that kind of identity as well. His physical dominance would have been even more so against other forwards, but the centers of that era being able to put their bodies on him more than in today's game would have been a challenge. He might not have had as much left late in games as he does now.

Reactions: LAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. That is crazy to say.

Magic Johnson was a point guard at his height long before LeBron. Suggesting that he would have been limited by making him a traditional 4 is a really silly thing to say. There is more to his game to suggest PG than PF. Coaches are and were a lot better than that.

To answer OP's question though, if he had been drafted by another organization, he might not have won them any titles. I do think had he played in MJ's era and had comparable players around him he would have been likely to beat Jordan at least a couple times, but it might not have been for the franchise that drafted him. After all, he won 0 rings for Cleveland in his first stint. If he were drafted by a team that he didn't have personal connection to, he might not ever make it back. That being said however, if he had played in Jordan's era, he probably never changes teams in the first place.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replace MJ with Lebron on those great Bulls' teams, they would have won a few.
Lebron doesn't have the artistry of many of the other all time greats, but he is damn effective.

Good point. I didn't think about that one. :think:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks would have done better than they had, but would still end up with squat at the end of the season because of Jordans Bulls.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pose a hypothetical.

LeBron likely takes ANY team deep in the playoffs. Theme the facts cause he really is that good. He makes average players rise to the occasion and get shit done.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first of all, Lebron would have been too young for the Knicks go draft...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pose a hypothetical.

dude, the LeBron haters make it more fun- especially because they have to be constantly pissed off!

I mean the guy is amazing.

Stevens even saying- hes even better than when i joined the league

LeBron has done nothing but exceed expectations- and hes done it mostly in a great-stand-up way. He has had his flaws----- but you dont see him getting r*pe indictments like Kobe,- you dont see him getting into trouble with the law ever....

he has all-time great talent and an all time great work ethic.

Its why he keeps getting better. This LeBron is the hardest LeBron to beat 4 times out of 7--- and he has to be considering how great the Warriors are.

The one positive thing about the Warriors emergence is that it gives LeBron a proper foil/rival. Jordan never had to beat a team like Golden State in the Finals---- thats for sure.

If LeBron can pull it off this year somehow- he really starts to gain big time traction as best ever....especially considering he is only 32 years old.

I mean- right now he has 3 titles and 7 Finals appearances........if he gets a little luck, and continues to thrive-it is certainly not out of the question that he finishes with something like 5 titles and 11 Finals Appearances.

In todays league?--- with all the teams- with the league never having more talent in it than today? that is an extraordinary accomplishment.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron likely takes ANY team deep in the playoffs. Theme the facts cause he really is that good. He makes average players rise to the occasion and get shit done.
if he can take a team who's best supporting players were Delonte West, Zydrunas Ilguaskas, a young Andy Varejao, and Daniel Gibson to the Finals---- YES- he can do things that other all time greats just couldnt do beause he is just a force of nature with such a well rounded game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude, the LeBron haters make it more fun- especially because they have to be constantly pissed off!

I mean the guy is amazing.

Stevens even saying- hes even better than when i joined the league

LeBron has done nothing but exceed expectations- and hes done it mostly in a great-stand-up way. He has had his flaws----- but you dont see him getting r*pe indictments like Kobe,- you dont see him getting into trouble with the law ever....

he has all-time great talent and an all time great work ethic.

Its why he keeps getting better. This LeBron is the hardest LeBron to beat 4 times out of 7--- and he has to be considering how great the Warriors are.

The one positive thing about the Warriors emergence is that it gives LeBron a proper foil/rival. Jordan never had to beat a team like Golden State in the Finals---- thats for sure.

If LeBron can pull it off this year somehow- he really starts to gain big time traction as best ever....especially considering he is only 32 years old.

I mean- right now he has 3 titles and 7 Finals appearances........if he gets a little luck, and continues to thrive-it is certainly not out of the question that he finishes with something like 5 titles and 11 Finals Appearances.

In todays league?--- with all the teams- with the league never having more talent in it than today? that is an extraordinary accomplishment.

:sadbron: :fap:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he can take a team who's best supporting players were Delonte West, Zydrunas Ilguaskas, a young Andy Varejao, and Daniel Gibson to the Finals---- YES- he can do things that other all time greats just couldnt do beause he is just a force of nature with such a well rounded game.

You;re right. Jordan lacked the ability to get swept in the finals, unlike lebron

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pose a hypothetical.

Lebron carried a Cavaliers team where Delonte West and Eric Snow were arguably the second best players on that roster......

I think he is the greatest ever, and he absolutely carries any roster through the East, but there is no shame in the fact that he needs a stronger supporting cast to win it all, every great player ever required the same, but not every great player ever can turn your average roster into a championship caliber team

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering why this thread is directed at lebron haters?

Do you expect anything but a biased answer?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. That is crazy to say.

Magic Johnson was a point guard at his height long before LeBron. Suggesting that he would have been limited by making him a traditional 4 is a really silly thing to say. There is more to his game to suggest PG than PF. Coaches are and were a lot better than that.

To answer OP's question though, if he had been drafted by another organization, he might not have won them any titles. I do think had he played in MJ's era and had comparable players around him he would have been likely to beat Jordan at least a couple times, but it might not have been for the franchise that drafted him. After all, he won 0 rings for Cleveland in his first stint. If he were drafted by a team that he didn't have personal connection to, he might not ever make it back. That being said however, if he had played in Jordan's era, he probably never changes teams in the first place.

It all depends on coaches. Magic had coaches who didn't pigeon hole him because of his height. He also wasn't as physically strong a Lebron. I wouldn't be surprised at all if coaches when Lebron was young stuck him at PF.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on coaches. Magic had coaches who didn't pigeon hole him because of his height. He also wasn't as physically strong a Lebron. I wouldn't be surprised at all if coaches when Lebron was young stuck him at PF.

I honestly believe that Lebron could play any position and play it exceedingly well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering why this thread is directed at lebron haters?

Do you expect anything but a biased answer?

I saw a lot of you folks saying that Lebron was only great because of how weak the Eastern conference is. I was curious what your response would be to this thread.

I do not expect unbiased answers.