• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football 2016, Oregon at Nebraska

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, at the moment with our young o-line, i don't trust them to make anything easy. They had Wyoming outmatched weight wise and nothing was coming easy against them, so i'm not expecting much against a top 25 team.
Have you seen that Ultra Charmin defense? Even UC Davis coach says that Wyoming is stouter...

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, i haven't seen any of Oregon this year. been too busy.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I see one more column or hear one more conversation about Nike vs Adidas this week....

I couldn't care less. All because f'n ghey ass Oregon is coming

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll probably get ostracized for saying this, but for Nebraska to win this game they'll not only have to run the ball, but run it well, or for close to 200yds or more, with a few passes sprinkled into the mix. When I say sprinkled, I don't mean 30, 40, or 50 passes either. 20 passes tops because TA doesn't appear to be any less reckless than he was last year. It will be critical that our defense isn't left out to dry on the field of play, and running clock offensively will be the best way to accomplish this.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we just need to run it up the gut and score every time we have the ball. Of course you mix it up a little but we should be able to blow holes through their line. I honestly think our secondary will fair well too. We're not going to stop them but we should be able to make them work for it.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or TA will go for the money every down and we get our asses handed to us.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon run defense is 115 currently.

Oregon has never been built for long drive we musthink make them take 8 plus play drives.

Defense run play integrity stay in your Lane. Make the qb beat us with his arm

On offense Tommy please be smart if it ain't there run oregon defense isn't their strength and is always a bit undersized.

Run game run game if we set the pace and tempo like how stanford does the duck 4th qtr the deep ball will be there.

This is a game we can win we just can't shoot ourself no turnovers

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Or TA will go for the money every down and we get our asses handed to us.

If given free rein, I wouldn't trust TA too much, but if he can control himself, that would certainly raise the odds for a victory on Saturday. There are so many variables in this game that I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the articles, and then the game on Saturday.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oregon run defense is 115 currently.

Oregon has never been built for long drive we musthink make them take 8 plus play drives.

Defense run play integrity stay in your Lane. Make the qb beat us with his arm

On offense Tommy please be smart if it ain't there run oregon defense isn't their strength and is always a bit undersized.

Run game run game if we set the pace and tempo like how stanford does the duck 4th qtr the deep ball will be there.

This is a game we can win we just can't shoot ourself no turnovers

Yes turnovers will also be critical. Another worry is how much do the Pac 12 officials want to abuse their power in this game?

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems their newspapers print all the bulletin board material they need. All doom and gloom shit for a road game vs. an unranked Nebraska team. Seems lame, and Husker players seem to like it as they're sounding a little shit-talky on twitter this week.

I don't like it, win or lose, because it makes the team look mentally weak and vulnerable to mind games. Not at all staying humble, work hard, dream big.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes turnovers will also be critical. Another worry is how much do the Pac 12 officials want to abuse their power in this game?
Puhleez. You grabbed a hold of a headline but didn't bother too read the article or if you did, chose to ignore the facts.
The facts are the PAC 12 is used to officiating Oregon so movement, right at the snap which would normally be called by other conferences is norm to them so they don't cal it. It doesn't mean they are cheating. THEY ARE USED TO THIS STYLE OF PLAY!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not make this a their conference officials just want to fuck Nebraska thing. It is as simple as they are used to officiating at Oregon' pace, which is not even Oregon's pace so far this year.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems their newspapers print all the bulletin board material they need. All doom and gloom shit for a road game vs. an unranked Nebraska team. Seems lame, and Husker players seem to like it as they're sounding a little shit-talky on twitter this week.

I don't like it, win or lose, because it makes the team look mentally weak and vulnerable to mind games. Not at all staying humble, work hard, dream big.
I'd say if Nebraska doesn't shoot themselves in the foot they should win this game. Not that it will be a blow out but Oregon is not the teams of Mariota.
If our team recognizes this and uses media to pump themselves up, more power to them.
Where I am on this? 6 -7 last year, but we had no blow outs. Bo's woe are we team is gone, Mike Riley's Hip Hip Hoorah team is taking the field.
Let's play this out.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Puhleez. You grabbed a hold of a headline but didn't bother too read the article or if you did, chose to ignore the facts.
The facts are the PAC 12 is used to officiating Oregon so movement, right at the snap which would normally be called by other conferences is norm to them so they don't cal it. It doesn't mean they are cheating. THEY ARE USED TO THIS STYLE OF PLAY!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not make this a their conference officials just want to fuck Nebraska thing. It is as simple as they are used to officiating at Oregon' pace, which is not even Oregon's pace so far this year.

You bonehead, my comment has nothing to do with them being lax towards Oregon, and by them not throwing flags on Oregon's offense, that doesn't concern me, but the targeting calls that have been an illusion in a lot of cases by power hungry officials.

This is what I told Oak yesterday about other people instigating when he said I was an instigator. I just made a comment about a legitimate concern of mine that I know is a concern of other Nebraska fans that aren't instigators like you are and have been for quite some time. I won't single out one conference's officials when it seems just about all of them are enjoying the extra power given to them.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonehead? It is B1G officials who are the ones that are making the targeting calls so if that were the case then having Pac12 officials would benefit us. It seems lke you don't even understand the concern of having PAC2 officials and honestly I have no idea what you're talking about when you refer to this "extra power".
Do they have the force with them?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bonehead? It is B1G officials who are the ones that are making the targeting calls so if that were the case then having Pac12 officials would benefit us. It seems lke you don't even understand the concern of having PAC2 officials and honestly I have no idea what you're talking about when you refer to this "extra power".
Do they have the force with them?

I've seen officials from other conferences making targeting calls. What I mean by more power is now they have a new rule to abuse, the targeting rule, and Nebraska has been the ?beneficiary? quite a bit of that rule.

Also, do you even realize that coaches do influence officials before games by bringing up things such as, "watch out for certain players who are leading with their helmets." Even if our players aren't intentionally doing so. Hopefully this won't be an ongoing trend.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but I can't stand when people analyzing a game say "turnovers are critical". That's like saying "water is wet". I don't care who says it. Us, analysts, coaches, players.....it goes without saying, in any game.

It's similar to me believing I could do Lee Corso's job. Just sit up there, act goofy and read stats off of a sheet.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly certain I heard on Huskers Sports Nightly last night that Reilly was out for tomorrow.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No offense, but I can't stand when people analyzing a game say "turnovers are critical". That's like saying "water is wet". I don't care who says it. Us, analysts, coaches, players.....it goes without saying, in any game.

It's similar to me believing I could do Lee Corso's job. Just sit up there, act goofy and read stats off of a sheet.

Turnovers are more critical in games like the Oregon game as opposed to games against podunks.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get after the quarterback.

Run the ball efficiently on 1st down.

Out physical the WR's when they try to block in space. Jam those little fuckers at the line.

Control. The. Clock.

We're bigger, we're badder, we ain't Virginia or UC Davis. This defense is for real and I think we can make big time plays against these sons of bitches.

Last edited:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to beat the will out of their defense come 4th quarter. They should have their hands on their hips and their body language should look like they don't want any more of what we're dishing out.

Fly the fuck around and make plays.