• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Select Ivan Provorov 7th Overall

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this pick a ton and then some. He reminds me of a Sergei Zubov type dman.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had myself convince that he was going to go 5th to Carolina and we'd be left hoping NJ passed on Hanafin. I'm very happy to see that it worked out quite differently and in some ways may end up being much better for us in the long run. I just hope Provorov puts an emphasis on continuing to improve his defensive game, if he does I could see us having a freaking incredible top 4 in 2-3 years.

Provorov - Sanheim
Morin - Ghost
Hagg - ?

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me a little of Vlad Konstantinov (sp). Has been growing on me as the draft got closer.
Boy the future is looking better and better

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can never have too many good dmen the future is looking good! Just need to move a few old guys out of here now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had myself convince that he was going to go 5th to Carolina and we'd be left hoping NJ passed on Hanafin. I'm very happy to see that it worked out quite differently and in some ways may end up being much better for us in the long run. I just hope Provorov puts an emphasis on continuing to improve his defensive game, if he does I could see us having a freaking incredible top 4 in 2-3 years.

Provorov - Sanheim
Morin - Ghost
Hagg - ?
Hagg- MacDonald

We are stuck with him for 5 more years ughhhh!

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hagg- MacDonald

We are stuck with him for 5 more years ughhhh!
In the past week Hexy killed it at the draft, moved Grossmann and Pronger's contract and then got a 3rd for Rinaldo. I refuse to believe that we're stuck with anyone currently on the roster.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past week Hexy killed it at the draft, moved Grossmann and Pronger's contract and then got a 3rd for Rinaldo. I refuse to believe that we're stuck with anyone currently on the roster.
Please let someone be dumb enough to take this contract off of our hands but if not hopefully he plays a lot better under a new coach.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please let someone be dumb enough to take this contract off of our hands but if not hopefully he plays a lot better under a new coach.
My guess is it will probably happen either after the Christmas break or at the deadline due to someone losing a guy in their top 4 and needing to find a capable nhl defenseman to plug into their lineup. It could happen much sooner if HExy was willing to give up another asset to move him but I'm not sure he would consider that.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think that Morin would play before Provorov. I'm glad to hear the confidence in him though!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think that Morin would play before Provorov. I'm glad to hear the confidence in him though!
I just hope 1 more year in the minors for all of our young defensemen and then we have them all up and playing well the season after this upcoming season.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My thought is that Morin looks to end up being the best defensive defenseman prospect we have and Ghost seems to be way more geared toward being an offensive defenseman, so I feel that their styles would be complimentary in the end. Sanheim and Provorov seem to both have a good bit of offensive upside but also are pretty sound defensively from what I've seen and read. No matter the line combos our top possible future top 4 is looking really good right now and we still have Hagg.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IIRC Morin and Sanheim signed their ELCs right before being sent back to junior. If this is any indication (Which it likely isn't, I am just reading too much into this) the Flyers must totally covet Provorov

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IIRC Morin and Sanheim signed their ELCs right before being sent back to junior. If this is any indication (Which it likely isn't, I am just reading too much into this) the Flyers must totally covet Provorov

They might have him in their roster plans already and it helps as far as knowing where you might be with the cap

I definitely think he can make the opening night roster

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else thinking that the Flyers signed Medvedev at least in part because they knew they planned to select Provorov if available and wanted a Russian mentor for him?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to jump to conclusions or jinx anything, but we could potentially have the best defense in the entire Nhl in 4 to 6 seasons or so with these defensive prospects in the system.

Provorov-Sanheim

Morin-Gostisbehere

Hagg-Alt

I feel like the top four all have potential to be elite level number ones or at least top pairing defensemen.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to jump to conclusions or jinx anything, but we could potentially have the best defense in the entire Nhl in 4 to 6 seasons or so with these defensive prospects in the system.

Provorov-Sanheim

Morin-Gostisbehere

Hagg-Alt

I feel like the top four all have potential to be elite level number ones or at least top pairing defensemen.

I agree. I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but to me the top 4 are all blue chippers. Nothing is guaranteed but I do expect one of them to turn into a #1D. All of them have such great skillsets that I could honestly see any of them turning into their own mold of a #1D.

I am so amped to see these guys develop and shut down the league in a few years.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am encouraged that they got the signing out of the way quickly unlike Morin and Sanheim. Having already cleared up the Grossmann/Pronger hits may have made that an easier decision.

IMHO we could see two of the prospects before Thanksgiving in the Orange and black blue line. I am not sure which two...it never seems to be who you expect. Really it will come down to camp performance and roster space. IF they can move out at least one more "older" player than it is more likely.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Provorov and Sanheim could easily both become dominant, top pairing defensemen. Perhaps the others are more of a project with lesser potential and a lower ceiling, but they can still be top four and that's perfectly fine with me.