• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a few years to do it.

Just pay konecny so there's something to watch here in the meantime.
Actually management has quite a bit to work with this off season, unlike previous years. What he does will be the key to which direction this team is headed. I definitely don't think we need Delaurius, Johnson, Staal or Ristolinan, Atkinson and possibly Coots, yes Coots, loved the kid and always have, but his injuries have unfortunately slowed him down. If he can heal properly and return to somewhat of his old self then I would have no problem keeping him, either way I don't see us shedding that contract.. Still need another stud goal scorers, we can't rely on just a couple of guys, hopefully the ones we do have that have potential reach it sooner than later. Fingers crossed.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we're probably drafting 12th overall and we can't draft 1st, even if we win the lottery.

Pronman's April list now has 15 players listed as top of the lineup, 10 of those at bubble Nhl All-Star level.

Unless Dickinson (9) or Helenius (10) slide to 12, I'm thinking we draft someone like Lindstrom (11) or Eiserman (14). It's so weird sounding these names out. It's a lot like Lidstrom and Yzerman, which brings back nightmares of the Wings that swept Lindros/LeClair/Renberg and company in '97.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we're probably drafting 12th overall and we can't draft 1st, even if we win the lottery.

Pronman's April list now has 15 players listed as top of the lineup, 10 of those at bubble Nhl All-Star level.

Unless Dickinson (9) or Helenius (10) slide to 12, I'm thinking we draft someone like Lindstrom (11) or Eiserman (14). It's so weird sounding these names out. It's a lot like Lidstrom and Yzerman, which brings back nightmares of the Wings that swept Lindros/LeClair/Renberg and company in '97.

Really hoping one of Parekh, Buium, Dickinson or Yakemchuk gets to the Flyers. Pronman has them all top 9 so probably not very likely. But a lot of mocks have Lindstrom and Eiserman higher up the board.

I still want to see them move up to get one of those 'all-star' caliber guys.

Like Iginla if they stay at 12 and those higher end d prospects are gone.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hoping one of Parekh, Buium, Dickinson or Yakemchuk gets to the Flyers. Pronman has them all top 9 so probably not very likely. But a lot of mocks have Lindstrom and Eiserman higher up the board.

Yeah, I hadn't looked at the mock drafts so much. Lindstrom, Eiserman and Dickinson will probably be gone by 12. Tankathon and Lines have us taking Helenius. Bleacher Report has us taking Iginla.

Idk if position even matters. We will probably just take whoever is the best player available on our list. That said, there are 7 D in that top 15 of Pronman and we could definitely use a top pair defenseman.

I think the good news is that picking as high as 12, someone we like will probably slide to us, especially if there are around 15 top of the lineup type players.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we are officially in the off-season, I set up a thread for the discussions that ensue with that status.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually management has quite a bit to work with this off season, unlike previous years. What he does will be the key to which direction this team is headed. I definitely don't think we need Delaurius, Johnson, Staal or Ristolinan, Atkinson and possibly Coots, yes Coots, loved the kid and always have, but his injuries have unfortunately slowed him down. If he can heal properly and return to somewhat of his old self then I would have no problem keeping him, either way I don't see us shedding that contract.. Still need another stud goal scorers, we can't rely on just a couple of guys, hopefully the ones we do have that have potential reach it sooner than later. Fingers crossed.
Deslauriers 2 more seasons at $1.75 Could be traded but probably stays 1 more year before we do anything with him.
Couts: Not going anywhere with that contract that nobody wants. Injuries and his production as a 4th liner doesn't lift his value. We are eating salary for DeAngelo and Hayes still so most likely he will be a Flyer for at least 3 to 4 more years. Just gotta hope he plays better
Risto: 3 more years at $5.1 million. With his injuries and salary not desired by many teams, probably a Flyer at least 2 more years
Johnson: Probably gone
Mark Staal: Probably gone
Atkinson 1 more year at $5.875 i dont see another team taking on that salary before the deadline.

These are only my opinions do not take this post as fact.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deslauriers 2 more seasons at $1.75 Could be traded but probably stays 1 more year before we do anything with him.
Couts: Not going anywhere with that contract that nobody wants. Injuries and his production as a 4th liner doesn't lift his value. We are eating salary for DeAngelo and Hayes still so most likely he will be a Flyer for at least 3 to 4 more years. Just gotta hope he plays better
Risto: 3 more years at $5.1 million. With his injuries and salary not desired by many teams, probably a Flyer at least 2 more years
Atkinson 1 more year at $5.875 i dont see another team taking on that salary before the deadline.

I agree w/ all of this.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you, mine was hypothetical as well, and like we both said, moving those contracts isn't going to happen unfortunately.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't understand why we can't just buy him out, he's never going to play again.
A buyout last for 6 years where 4 of the years are at $1.8, one year at $2.6 and one at $3.6. He has three years left so maybe they just want to bite the bullet. Buyout Jahansen and reduce his hit to $1.3 for 2 years. Better yet, do both!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A buyout last for 6 years where 4 of the years are at $1.8, one year at $2.6 and one at $3.6. He has three years left so maybe they just want to bite the bullet. Buyout Jahansen and reduce his hit to $1.3 for 2 years. Better yet, do both!

Yep. And they can just drop them on LTIR if they get themselves in to too tight of a cap situation. So no real reason to buy Ellis out at least. Johansen I think will be healthy enough to play next year so his 4M will be something to manage.

I think I'd rather just eat the 4M for 1 year. They're most likely not in a "spend money" mode this summer yet. Do what you can to have a clean cap sheet for the summer of 2026 when Michkov comes over. I guess Johansen's buyout would still be off too, so may be irrelevant.

But I'd at least give Johansen a shot to play (if him and Torts can get over their beef). He's overpaid, but he's kept up a 45-50pt pace the last few years. Probably would've been a top 5 on this years Flyers. And they're weak at C.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, looking at the Flyers point leaders is depressing. TK with 68pts in 76 games. Good season from him, but he was 59th in the league in points.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And they can just drop them on LTIR if they get themselves in to too tight of a cap situation. So no real reason to buy Ellis out at least. Johansen I think will be healthy enough to play next year so his 4M will be something to manage.

I think I'd rather just eat the 4M for 1 year. They're most likely not in a "spend money" mode this summer yet. Do what you can to have a clean cap sheet for the summer of 2026 when Michkov comes over. I guess Johansen's buyout would still be off too, so may be irrelevant.

But I'd at least give Johansen a shot to play. He's overpaid, but he's kept up a 45-50pt pace the last few years. Probably would've been a top 5 on this years Flyers. And they're weak at C.
It looks like they are slightly over the cap already for next years with only 18 guys signed. I know they try to avoid LTIR with Ellis, so Johansen or even Atkinson makes sense as they only last 2 years. An even better option would be to buyout Petersen.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we are officially in the off-season, I set up a thread for the discussions that ensue with that status.

But I'd at least give Johansen a shot to play (if him and Torts can get over their beef). He's overpaid, but he's kept up a 45-50pt pace the last few years. Probably would've been a top 5 on this years Flyers. And they're weak at C.

I'm gonna have to ask you fine gentleman to use the appropriate thread going forward.:suds: