• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Florida vs. UCLA

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win gators fans! Holy shit what a night!!!

back at you with the congrats. ST. made you folks work for it. Your pressure on them made things tough at the end of the game. It would be great to see an Arizona Florida final...maybe neither team scores 45 points...LOL... Proper defense is tough to accomplish, but a beautiful thing to watch the effect.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back at you with the congrats. ST. made you folks work for it. Your pressure on them made things tough at the end of the game. It would be great to see an Arizona Florida final...maybe neither team scores 45 points...LOL... Proper defense is tough to accomplish, but a beautiful thing to watch the effect.

Yessir!!!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking anything away from Frazier. He got a few open looks and made the shots. He is, after all, the best 3 point guy in the SEC, so any team that gives him easy looks is not playing good defense. I would say 7 shots on 3 is not a lot so UCLA did in fact know what he is about. My point was the constant pressure on UCLA made it difficult to hit their shots and that is important. Florida rarely matches up inside for size, but makes up for it with proper blocking out which means most teams lose the rebound battle in spite of being larger.
I see what you are saying.

Last point though.

Beyond the arc Frazier is 44 percent on the season, 23 percent in his last two games or in the tourney prior to tonight and yet 71 percent tonight.

He had a VERY good night, even for the best guy in the SEC.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you are saying.

Last point though.

Beyond the arc Frazier is 44 percent on the season, 23 percent in his last two games or in the tourney prior to tonight and yet 71 percent tonight.

He had a VERY good night, even for the best guy in the SEC.

Yes he did have a very good night and Scottie Wilbekin played better. If you watch the Florida games, it's Wilbekin who makes things work. He might not score as much as Praither or Frazier, but he is without a doubt the better player and Florida could not win without him. An excellent point guard is a must if a team wants to go deep in the tournament. That said, some compelling stats are Florida bench outscored the UCLA bench 23-11 and Florida had 22 assists to 11 which means the Florida team played better team ball. I don't know how the rebounds went, but suspect Florida was a few ahead there as well. I would say the last two teams that Florida played simply made up their minds that Frazier was not going to beat them and played him very tight. Unfortunately, other people played well; especially Wilbekin. Frazier was taking shots that he should have passed on and tonight he only took 7 from behind the arc and they were all very good looks.