• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Schitz

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel Schwartz is playing for his job tomorrow
It better be more than just him. I hope its the entire staff and Mayhew as well. My opinion is that nothing less than a playoff victory warrents them keeping their jobs.

Xanders to GM. Cowher or Gruden to HC with their own staffs.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Schwartz is playing for his job the rest of the way out. 9 wins and he gets another year. He may not deserve another season but the Fords are extremely loyal.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Schwartz is playing for his job the rest of the way out. 9 wins and he gets another year. He may not deserve another season but the Fords are extremely loyal.

I'm afraid you may be right, playoffs or not. It should be playoffs or hit the road considering the talent on this team and the way both the Pack & Bears have cleared the way, mostly due to injuries as well as our relative good fortune in that respect. 9 may be enough for a division title if we win the right 3.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 wins and a playoff win would suffice.. Anything lower and it's chopping time.. 9 wins and a close playoff loss is boderline, but considering the opportunity this season I would want a new direction..

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the talent on this team, with a division lead with 5 games left, with the QB problems that the enemies have, with our surprising health, anything less than a division title should get Schwartz and Co. canned. This is the first time in 5 years that I've believed Schwartz should be on the hot seat. I think Schwartz can coach but I'll be proven right or wrong over the next 5 weeks. As far as Mayhew, I think he's done a good enough job collecting talent that I would give him the chance to hire another coach if it comes to that. Someone said hire Jon Gruden. We'll really have chemistry problems if you bring that polarizing tool in. People think Schwartz is an arrogant douche, you're talking about bringing in the king of arrogant douches!! Possibly the most over rated coach ever.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget about the division. Gotta win this game. This is the most important game of Schwartz' time here. The Lions are at home and the Lions are better than the Matt Flynn Packers. If Schwartz can't win this game it is time to buy a help wanted sign for the Allen Park compound.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget about the division. Gotta win this game. This is the most important game of Schwartz' time here. The Lions are at home and the Lions are better than the Matt Flynn Packers. If Schwartz can't win this game it is time to buy a help wanted sign for the Allen Park compound.

Sign makers put away the Help Wanted bids and instead work on getting the official "Restore The Roar" endorsement.

Looking much better>

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the talent on this team, with a division lead with 5 games left, with the QB problems that the enemies have, with our surprising health, anything less than a division title should get Schwartz and Co. canned. This is the first time in 5 years that I've believed Schwartz should be on the hot seat. I think Schwartz can coach but I'll be proven right or wrong over the next 5 weeks. As far as Mayhew, I think he's done a good enough job collecting talent that I would give him the chance to hire another coach if it comes to that. Someone said hire Jon Gruden. We'll really have chemistry problems if you bring that polarizing tool in. People think Schwartz is an arrogant douche, you're talking about bringing in the king of arrogant douches!! Possibly the most over rated coach ever.

Gruden sucks.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden sucks.

I think the same thing. I think he inherited a very good TB team and won with that. Once he had to continue to build, it went downhill. I would not want him in the D.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden is more of a self promoted media personality than a head coach. He has been gone for awhile and all we hear are rumors and he still isn't back on any sidelines. Maybe teams have a better take on the guy than most fans?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was as big of a Schwartz critic as anyone in the offseason, but as long as he's winning games you won't hear much out of me. The best coaching staffs are usually the ones who have been together in one job the longest, and sometimes it takes a few years to get things up to speed. I think owners have gotten too greedy and aren't willing to take five years to develop a good staff. Also, even with a good coach there's going to be some bad years in there. Tomlin in Pittsburgh is a good example this year. Coughlin has had a few bad seasons mixed in with his two Super Bowl titles, and McCarthy had a 6 win season a few years back. Patience is the key.

I still don't like Schwartz, but if he's winning games I can deal with not liking him. If he gets to ten wins this year, after doing the same two years ago, then I think his job has to be safe...

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schwartz is an oddity. on one hand, from a strategic standpoint, he's not the best. sometimes his game plans and in-game decision-making are a bit suspect. however, his players do seem to respond to him, and that counts for a lot. his team is a reflection of him and they apparently are buying into what he is selling. many coaches have trouble doing that.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was as big of a Schwartz critic as anyone in the offseason, but as long as he's winning games you won't hear much out of me. The best coaching staffs are usually the ones who have been together in one job the longest, and sometimes it takes a few years to get things up to speed. I think owners have gotten too greedy and aren't willing to take five years to develop a good staff. Also, even with a good coach there's going to be some bad years in there. Tomlin in Pittsburgh is a good example this year. Coughlin has had a few bad seasons mixed in with his two Super Bowl titles, and McCarthy had a 6 win season a few years back. Patience is the key.

I still don't like Schwartz, but if he's winning games I can deal with not liking him. If he gets to ten wins this year, after doing the same two years ago, then I think his job has to be safe...
I remember last year you wanted his ass gone.. LOL!!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember last year you wanted his ass gone.. LOL!!

I think you missed that first sentence where I said "I was as big a Schwartz critic as anyone in the offseason..."

Obviously I wanted him gone if I was that big of a critic of his. I'm not trying to hide from those comments at all, so I guess I'm not sure what you're getting at?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it was just hilarious.. Everyone wanted him gone on the CBS boards.. And for good reason tbh.. Last season was pretty much a disaster.. But they are in first place as we speak.. Bears choked big time!!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it was just hilarious.. Everyone wanted him gone on the CBS boards.. And for good reason tbh.. Last season was pretty much a disaster.. But they are in first place as we speak.. Bears choked big time!!

That why I'm willing to admit that I was probably wrong for wanting him gone. I still have my reservations, but I can't really argue with the results right now. Ten wins and playoff births in two out of the last three seasons would be very impressive, and we have a shot to do just that over the next four games. I think he's bought himself another season for sure, now I'd like to see him take the next step and win a playoff game within the next two offseasons, rather than make the playoffs followed by a lost season.

I think he's a dick, but if he's winning games then I'm all about it baby! Bilichick (sp?) is a dick, too, but he wins games like it's his job (which is convienient for him, as winning games is indeed his job), so no New England fans complain about it. Seriously, not one. Think about it...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of whether js makes the playoffs or not he needs to go. I cant imagine him ever taking the lions to the next level. The stupid personal fouls never end, the team lacks discipline and its clear many of the players do not respect him.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-5 when we should be at least 9-3. We could even be 11-1 if he they got everything right. The first GB game is the only time we were really beat. There is a lot to be said for in game decision making. Thats a big part of what a HC is supposed to do

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 wins and he'll be back for sure. Even 8-8 might be enough for a division title if the Pack decides not to hurry Rodgers back and he'll obviously be back if they make the playoffs. I don't see them dumping him unless they lose the last 4. Still not a fan.