• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Schitz

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't prepared bitch.. How about you shut the fuck up.. They are 6-5 and should be 8-3 atleast.. If this team doesn't make the playoffs there is no excuse... The record is a DIRECT reflection on him and his staff. Need I go over the playcalling as well?

They weren't prepared? Gtfoh with that shit bitch. So bc players fumble that means Schwartz didn't prepare then well enough to hold onto the fuckin ball this week? You're a joke son.

And they're not 8-3, no should be about it. The bad bounces that happened today weren't on Schwartz. He can't make Stafford hit an open Calvin on post route down the middle. He can't make Durham hold onto the ball after a catch. That goes for Calvin too. Schwartz can coach it in practice, but in live games it's up to the players to do it. And I doubt Schwartz had Pettigrew prepared to duck when balls are thrown at him. Maybe u could teach him how to hang onto balls when they're thrown at him. Word is you're great at that.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't prepared? Gtfoh with that shit bitch. So bc players fumble that means Schwartz didn't prepare then well enough to hold onto the fuckin ball this week? You're a joke son.

And they're not 8-3, no should be about it. The bad bounces that happened today weren't on Schwartz. He can't make Stafford hit an open Calvin on post route down the middle. He can't make Durham hold onto the ball after a catch. That goes for Calvin too. Schwartz can coach it in practice, but in live games it's up to the players to do it. And I doubt Schwartz had Pettigrew prepared to duck when balls are thrown at him. Maybe u could teach him how to hang onto balls when they're thrown at him. Word is you're great at that.

Word is you like to start bitch arguments.. The record speaks for itself.. I guess last week were tough breaks as well? How about Stafford, is he elite?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Schrwartz had enough talent to make the postseason the last two years.. Most of those turnovers were mostly on Stafford, but this team was ill prepared on both sides of the ball, and the playcalling was amateur at best in the second half.. That's on the coaching staff IMO.. Only a Schitz dick rider would not see that.. And I won't even start on last week. So you people can kiss my ass!

Don't forget the passing defense. Can't believe we are still #30 against the pass after 5 seasons of a GM who used to be a DB and a coach who is "defensive minded".

Still sticking with my preseason thread prediction. 8-8, Schwartz and the clowns get fired. Super bowl contenders after a new coaching hire.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't make Durham hold onto the ball after a catch.

Yeah and then the Durham false start on 3rd and 1. That is Durham's fault, but what does Schwartz do? Take him out of the game? Nooooooooooo why do that? Just leave him on out there like he always does. No kind of discipline for mistakes. AT ALL! He didn't even want to take Titus out of the game after purposely trying sabotage the team! I saw Steven Ridley fumble last night, then I never seen him get another snap the rest of the game. He probably won't even start the next game.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's basically an accumulation of everything, from the penalties, to the bad playcalling and finally the turnovers.. All the ingredients to an unprepared and undisciplined team.. I was talking about the entire season more than just this game.. But this was the final straw for me..

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's basically an accumulation of everything, from the penalties, to the bad
playcalling and finally the turnovers.. All the ingredients to an unprepared and
undisciplined team.. I was talking about the entire season more than just this
game.. But this was the final straw for me..

That was my point in post #2. THIS game, I don't put on Schwartz. Hanging onto the ball and the weird bounces are not coaching mistakes. But for Schwartz's cumulative body of work, I agree with you.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is this team only wins 1 or 2 more games this year. They look like they are done. Never do any more than is absolutely necessary to win. That's what .500 teams do, not playoff teams.

Our secondary is terrible because that is what they teach here. Just stay with the man and make the tackle. No locating the ball or defending whatsoever. That is on the coaches. So is the play calling in the second half yet again in FG range to tie the game this time with no time left and they are calling pass plays. Another costly coaching error for the second week in a row.

Defense sucks. Mathis has lost a step, but is serviceable. Houston gets burned too often and Delmas is non-existant. Quin is the only guy worth his salt, but really has no help and can not cover the entire field.

Stafford also gave this game away. Forget the 2 fumbles, they cost us 6 points yes, but Staff threw 3 Ints that not only cost us 6 points but also gave TB 7 for a total of 13. We could have survived the 2 fumbles easily.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I'm not a Schwartz supporter but I don't see how this one is on him in any way, shape or form. In fact I thought the play calling was a little better than usual. They actually dialed up a couple of blitzes that worked and mixed it up nicely on offense. The players just didn't execute. The problem in the secondary is simply lack of talent. The D gave up 17 points yesterday. That's about as good as you're going to get from those guys and would be good for about 3rd in the league if they could do it every week. Schwartz was supposed to bench Durham for a false start ? Really ? Is this some sort of congenital problem with Durham or do we just bench everyone who false starts now ? Riddick is a fumble machine and I'm pretty sure a fumble is a hell of a lot more costly than a false start in any situation. That's a ridiculous comparison. You guys have a problem with them trying to win the game at the end ? You really would rather put it on the leg of Akers from 45 to just tie the damn thing ? ... and oh by the way, the Bucs would have still had nearly a minute left with a couple of TOs to get it into FG range FTW. The ball was in the hands of the best receiver on the planet on the 5 yard line. The players lost this one. If you want to call it a team effort and include the coaches fine. But this one was on the guys between the lines.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is this team only wins 1 or 2 more games this year. They look like they are done. Never do any more than is absolutely necessary to win. That's what .500 teams do, not playoff teams.

Our secondary is terrible because that is what they teach here. Just stay with the man and make the tackle. No locating the ball or defending whatsoever. That is on the coaches. So is the play calling in the second half yet again in FG range to tie the game this time with no time left and they are calling pass plays. Another costly coaching error for the second week in a row.

Defense sucks. Mathis has lost a step, but is serviceable. Houston gets burned too often and Delmas is non-existant. Quin is the only guy worth his salt, but really has no help and can not cover the entire field.

Stafford also gave this game away. Forget the 2 fumbles, they cost us 6 points yes, but Staff threw 3 Ints that not only cost us 6 points but also gave TB 7 for a total of 13. We could have survived the 2 fumbles easily.

What exactly would you have preffered in this situation OL? A two back set, run off tackle, play for OT? That pick was on Calvin, even if it was an uglyass backfoot lob. That makes about as much sense to me as benching Durham for fumbling. Who you gonna put in there to replace him? (When trailing late in the fourth in an obvious passing situation). Spurlock? I don't think any of the coaching staff or the scheme is above reproach. But C'mon! What exactly do you expect from a passing team? (Funny how nobody bitched about going for it on fourth.... Since it worked!)

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Most turnovers this season.
- Worst pass protection all season.
- Bad Bad Bad on special teams. (two missed field goals is squarely on the Buc's kicker).
- Squandered our DLs best performance this season
- Terrible sync between Stafford and the receivers in the 2nd half (two fucking weeks in a row)
- Lost to a terrible terrible terrible team at Ford Field

The only thing that wasn't classic "Same 'ol Lions" was the fact that we were heavy favorites. I don't like to blame the coach when the players clearly made mistakes all over the field. But when the entire team is ill-prepared to crush an inferior opponent it begins to look like a systemic problem.

I still like Schwartz (despite any beer-fueld raging posts I may have made yesterday), but he has enough talent to win yesterday's game 99 out of 100 times. Schwartz has to stop defending his schemes and players (publicly anyways) and question what he and his players are doing to prepare before and during games. His unwavering belief in the Lions' systems is starting to look like lunacy.

Our fucking Lions sucked yesterday. It was embarrassing and I'm still pissed off. I don't want to hear his usual "well we like our players and our schemes" and "when the turnover ratio is a tie breaker for the playoffs we'll be concerned about it".

Shake something up, asshole, because we can't not make the playoffs. Each of the next 5 teams we play down the stretch are better than the Bucs.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably would have won this game had schwartzy opted for six fake fgs, i blame him.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Most turnovers this season.
- Worst pass protection all season.
- Bad Bad Bad on special teams. (two missed field goals is squarely on the Buc's kicker).
- Squandered our DLs best performance this season
- Terrible sync between Stafford and the receivers in the 2nd half (two fucking weeks in a row)
- Lost to a terrible terrible terrible team at Ford Field

The only thing that wasn't classic "Same 'ol Lions" was the fact that we were heavy favorites. I don't like to blame the coach when the players clearly made mistakes all over the field. But when the entire team is ill-prepared to crush an inferior opponent it begins to look like a systemic problem.

I still like Schwartz (despite any beer-fueld raging posts I may have made yesterday), but he has enough talent to win yesterday's game 99 out of 100 times. Schwartz has to stop defending his schemes and players (publicly anyways) and question what he and his players are doing to prepare before and during games. His unwavering belief in the Lions' systems is starting to look like lunacy.

Our fucking Lions sucked yesterday. It was embarrassing and I'm still pissed off. I don't want to hear his usual "well we like our players and our schemes" and "when the turnover ratio is a tie breaker for the playoffs we'll be concerned about it".

Shake something up, asshole, because we can't not make the playoffs. Each of the next 5 teams we play down the stretch are better than the Bucs.

Drink more days of the week, i prefer your beer fueled rage posts. Why do you think I appreciate muzzer so much?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D gave up 17 points yesterday. That's about as good as you're going to get from those guys and would be good for about 3rd in the league if they could do it every week.

They gave up 17 to a team playing a third-string rookie QB (who had his highest passer rating to date at 138.5 for the game), and a third & fourth string running back. Plus, Tampa's kicker missed two FGs that could have made it 23 points versus our D. Our offense still is more to blame, and they didn't do our D any favors with the turnovers, putting them back on the field time and time again. But it was no stellar game from our defense, either, given the opponent.

I said at the start of the season that, despite any apparent improvements, I would not be a believer in this team's playoff chances until they could crack the Top 20 in defense. Still waiting.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drink more days of the week, i prefer your beer fueled rage posts. Why do you think I appreciate muzzer so much?

I was going to be productive yesterday. Have one or two beers until the game was well at hand and then do some housework. Nope, I got whasted by the time Durham lateralled the ball to the other team and my day was ruined.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to be productive yesterday. Have one or two beers until the game was well at hand and then do some housework. Nope, I got whasted by the time Durham lateralled the ball to the other team and my day was ruined.

You made the only acceptable choice given that situation, I commend you.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly would you have preffered in this situation OL? A two back set, run off tackle, play for OT? That pick was on Calvin, even if it was an uglyass backfoot lob. That makes about as much sense to me as benching Durham for fumbling. Who you gonna put in there to replace him? (When trailing late in the fourth in an obvious passing situation). Spurlock? I don't think any of the coaching staff or the scheme is above reproach. But C'mon! What exactly do you expect from a passing team? (Funny how nobody bitched about going for it on fourth.... Since it worked!)

You are focusing on the fubmle and INT in the second half. That was not the issue. The issue was calling a deep passing play when in FG range to tie the game with 1 minute to go. A safe dump off pass or a run to get a little closer and kick the FG would be the correct call.

That is poor coaching.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not Schwartz that tossed the ball back onto the field and gave the Bucs a scoring chance it was Durham.

It was not Schwartz that could not hang on to a gift pass that would have won the game it was CJ.

It was not Schwartz that made 3 horrible passes that resulted in picks it was Stafford.

It wasn't Schwartz that took forever and an hour to get that blocked punt off it was Martin.

Detroit looked loss and clueless Sunday as if they expected the Bucs to just roll over for them! I can't see where the coaching staff could have changed the outcome!

But I do agree the Lions have some glaring issues that their staff should have or needs addressing. Martin takes to damn long to get that punt off. The Lions receivers are sloppy with their ball handling skills. And the DBs do not have a clue when they have help or not over the top. But all teams have these type issues come up. The players still need to perform!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were no "safe" passing plays yesterday. That fumble/int could have happened anywhere on the field. A run was just as likely to lose yardage as gain. Akers is 50% from > 40 and even if he makes it the Bucs still would have had 50 seconds and their TOs to win the game. There was nothing wrong with the decision to go to Calvin on that play.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were no "safe" passing plays yesterday. That fumble/int could have happened anywhere on the field. A run was just as likely to lose yardage as gain. Akers is 50% from > 40 and even if he makes it the Bucs still would have had 50 seconds and their TOs to win the game. There was nothing wrong with the decision to go to Calvin on that play.

My problem with that play was Stafford just threw it up. He was scrambling and let it fly. Ball control should have been the focus at that point! Granted CJ is CJ but Stafford was chucking some dumbs shit yesterday!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are focusing on the fubmle and INT in the second half. That was not the issue. The issue was calling a deep passing play when in FG range to tie the game with 1 minute to go. A safe dump off pass or a run to get a little closer and kick the FG would be the correct call.

That is poor coaching.

Im focusing on what you would want Linehan to call in that situation. So you would have preferred to see us run clock and bank on Akers to hit a 45+ yard field goal in order to tie? (The issue most definitely was turnovers, not play calling. Durham and CJ both failed to make plays they should be expected to make. I don't expect Akers to make long field goals. I actually expect him to fail. ). Had Detroit ran, ran, ran and played for a tie people would have been up in arms that Schwartz went conservative. (I would have wondered why the hell they didn't try to win). Seems to me that a lot of folks look for ways to fit their hatred of the coaching staff into everything that goes wrong.