• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Schitz

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't call going to the best player in the league a bad move, especially when a FG is a tossup and only gets you a tie... which the Bucs would have had time to break in regulation anyway. I liked going for the win there. If they were 10-15 yards closer maybe I feel differently, but I don't think so. You can't play scared. Last week was just flat out, bonehead, stupid-aggressive. Clearly we don't have the smartest coaching staff in the league. But I'm fine with the calls on the last drive yesterday.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss is not on Schwartz. Period. It's that simple. Nobody coaches the shitty play you witnessed yesterday.

The playcall to CJ and throw at the end of the game were both excellent. The ball hit him squarely in the chest. It should have been caught easily. End discussion on that one. Almost everyone on this board could probably have caught that. It could not have been a more perfect throw. It's first and goal if the game's best WR makes a simple catch. Nobody is questioning that call if he makes the catch. What we should be questioning is why CJ is dropping so many balls this season.

The Fauria catch was a TD, they got it right.

I thought the D played pretty well yesterday. Certainly well enough to win. The turnovers put them in bad spots regularly and they made big stops when we needed them to keep us in the game. Chris Houston is flat out fucking garbage.

If you dont know enough to take off your damn hat during the national anthem please move to fucking Thailand where the rest of the dullards live that can match your intelligence.

I had an incredible view of the blocked punt and that rush looked like a screen pass where you purposely let the rusher go through. The Flash couldnt have kicked it fast enough for it to not be blocked.

Does Fairley now lead the league in personal foul penalties?

How many more drops did we have yesterday to add to our league leading total? That must be Schwartz's fault for coaching players to drop passes.

The only contribution I've seen from Delmas all season is his pre-game hype. He does a good job of getting the crowd riled up. Joseph Fauria must have prayed for pretty much everything wrong in the world to be corrected because he was doing it for about 5 minutes. For a minute I thought he might have fallen asleep.

Can anyone give me an update on Schwartz's pants? I couldnt see them yesterday. Were they awesome?

Micro spilled a $9 beer.

I believe that Akers would have made a 45 yard FG to tie the game but would have been furious if that was the way they called the plays leading up to that.

Ansah looked good yesterday. It was great watching Willie Young chasing after Glennon without a helmet and his dreads flying around. He looked like Predator running through the forest.

The donut won the race yesterday, a marine captain came home, it was damn cold, and the Lions stunk up the place. I immediately listed my remaining tickets for sale upon returning home. After that performance yesterday I cant imagine anyone would want to buy them.

DISCLAIMER: Most of these statements are opinions or observations and should not be considered as anything other than that. I am also a realist whiner so all my posts should immediately be discredited as total horse shit.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this on Schwartz u stupid fuck?!?!? Did he throw the INTs? Did he duck away from a pass? Did he catch a ball then fumble it? The answer is no. So stfu.

Well for starters never heard of a team firing skill position players. Schwartz is an arrogant bozo IMO and if he loses to Errol Flynn and the Packers I really see the season spiraling out of control and he's gone.

Fun Fact...lions have 13 turnovers in the last 4 games.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not Schwartz that tossed the ball back onto the field and gave the Bucs a scoring chance it was Durham.

It was not Schwartz that could not hang on to a gift pass that would have won the game it was CJ.

It was not Schwartz that made 3 horrible passes that resulted in picks it was Stafford.

It wasn't Schwartz that took forever and an hour to get that blocked punt off it was Martin.

Detroit looked loss and clueless Sunday as if they expected the Bucs to just roll over for them! I can't see where the coaching staff could have changed the outcome!

But I do agree the Lions have some glaring issues that their staff should have or needs addressing. Martin takes to damn long to get that punt off. The Lions receivers are sloppy with their ball handling skills. And the DBs do not have a clue when they have help or not over the top. But all teams have these type issues come up. The players still need to perform!

When a team looks lost and clueless, it's on the coaches. When coaches prepare their teams for an opponent/game in a thorough, disciplined manner, the players don't look lost and clueless.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't call going to the best player in the league a bad move, especially when a FG is a tossup and only gets you a tie... which the Bucs would have had time to break in regulation anyway. I liked going for the win there. If they were 10-15 yards closer maybe I feel differently, but I don't think so. You can't play scared. Last week was just flat out, bonehead, stupid-aggressive. Clearly we don't have the smartest coaching staff in the league. But I'm fine with the calls on the last drive yesterday.

Its not a matter of being scared, its a matter of being calculating. There is nothing calculated about the way these guys manage the games. You are supposed to play the percentages. They try to manage with balls. You cant think with balls in the NFL, if you do you will get them cut off.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were no "safe" passing plays yesterday. That fumble/int could have happened anywhere on the field. A run was just as likely to lose yardage as gain. Akers is 50% from > 40 and even if he makes it the Bucs still would have had 50 seconds and their TOs to win the game. There was nothing wrong with the decision to go to Calvin on that play.

Stop with this nonsense. He is 2 for 2 over 50. One of his misses was actually a block because a lineman let a guy free so that is not even a miss. He is 5 for 7 over 40. Dont make it sound worse than it is. he missed 1 kick that he should have made and hit the upright on another.

A run was not just as likely to lose yardage. You are just making shit up now. Show me what the percentage is for runs that lost yardage. Its not 50% thats for sure.

Let them try to win the game. They just missed their last 2 FGs, but you would bank on them getiing down the field in 50 seconds and making a FG over us making a FG to tie from 40 yards out with a kicker who missed 2 kicks in 10 games.

I am begining to think the rest of the country is right, Lions fans are idiots.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit looked loss and clueless Sunday as if they expected the Bucs to just roll over for them! I can't see where the coaching staff could have changed the outcome!
That is directly the Coach's responsibility brother! Or are you being sarcastic?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz didn't turn the ball over FIVE FREAKING TIMES!!! He's deserved criticism this year, yes, but this one is on Stafford (2x) and the receivers (3x).

If you are referring to last game I'll say this.. I think turnovers are due to a lack of preparation which is the responsibility of the coach.. I also think penalties puts them in position where the probability of moving the chains decreases, therefore opting for riskier plays, therefore increasing the chances of a turnover.. Finally I notice that a lot of the plays that are successful are either done with a pinpoint throw, or amazing catch and when the play isn't, it looks out of sync.. I honestly think that a lot of the plays they run, atleast regarding medium to deep passes aren't practiced that often, which is why you will either get a play that looks like talent lead to execution, or a completely out of sync play..

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with this nonsense. He is 2 for 2 over 50. One of his misses was actually a block because a lineman let a guy free so that is not even a miss. He is 5 for 7 over 40. Dont make it sound worse than it is. he missed 1 kick that he should have made and hit the upright on another.

A run was not just as likely to lose yardage. You are just making shit up now. Show me what the percentage is for runs that lost yardage. Its not 50% thats for sure.

Let them try to win the game. They just missed their last 2 FGs, but you would bank on them getiing down the field in 50 seconds and making a FG over us making a FG to tie from 40 yards out with a kicker who missed 2 kicks in 10 games.

I am begining to think the rest of the country is right, Lions fans are idiots.

Aker's is 3 for 6 from 40-49 which is where he would have been kicking from. I thought hitting the upright was a miss if it doesn't go through. When did they change that ? Akers is 16 for 30 over the last 3 seasons from 40-49. Yeah he's Mr. Automatic. There's a reason he was cut. Bush lost 2 on 1st down that last series. They didn't turn it over because he threw it 25 yards to Calvin. They could have turned it over regardless of what they called. They've proven that the last few games. The Bucs went 80 yards in 6 plays and 95 yards in 4 plays so I guess that never could have happened either. The only thing wrong with that play was Calvin coughed it up. Anything else is just 2nd guessing BS.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aker's is 3 for 6 from 40-49 which is where he would have been kicking from. I thought hitting the upright was a miss if it doesn't go through. When did they change that ? Akers is 16 for 30 over the last 3 seasons from 40-49. Yeah he's Mr. Automatic. There's a reason he was cut. Bush lost 2 on 1st down that last series. They didn't turn it over because he threw it 25 yards to Calvin. They could have turned it over regardless of what they called. They've proven that the last few games. The Bucs went 80 yards in 6 plays and 95 yards in 4 plays so I guess that never could have happened either. The only thing wrong with that play was Calvin coughed it up. Anything else is just 2nd guessing BS.

Way to Cherry pick stats. Akers played the 2 seasons before this with a hip injury. That's why he was cut. If you actually knew anything about football you would know this. Fact is he is 5 for 8 over 40 yards this year. You can twist it any way you like, but the those are the facts.

But instead lets let the guy with 29 INTs in the last year and a half (6 in the last 7 quarters with one going for a pick 6) throw deep down the middle of the field into triple coverage because that is the better percentage play. What could go wrong?

While we are at it, lets take Levy and sit him on the bench because he practically led the league in missed tackles a couple of years ago. After all, stats from prior years are way more important than how a player is playing now.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to Cherry pick stats. Akers played the 2 seasons before this with a hip injury. That's why he was cut. If you actually knew anything about football you would know this. Fact is he is 5 for 8 over 40 yards this year. You can twist it any way you like, but the those are the facts.

But instead lets let the guy with 29 INTs in the last year and a half (6 in the last 7 quarters with one going for a pick 6) throw deep down the middle of the field into triple coverage because that is the better percentage play. What could go wrong?

While we are at it, lets take Levy and sit him on the bench because he practically led the league in missed tackles a couple of years ago. After all, stats from prior years are way more important than how a player is playing now.

The guy is hardly automatic from that distance regardless of how you look at it. He's around 50% from 40-49 this year and over the last 3. That's also a fact. They moved the ball all day long. But now that they have a 45 yard shot they're supposed to just sit on it, hope Akers makes one for a tie and still leave plenty of time on the clock for the Bucs to come back and win it ? I disagree. If they sat on it and missed a 45 yard FG you'd be bitching about that. Idk where you're going with the Levy thing. Look, I'm on record here multiple times stating I think Schwartz is a bonehead and their biggest problem. But this play did not fail because it was a bad call. If you want to keep railing on it, have at it.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just agree to disagree guys. There was risk to the throw and risk to the possibility of a missed FG. You cant say he would have made the FG or even if he did that we dont lose in overtime. No crystal ball to be able to see that.

I personally thought it was the right call and the blame is all on CJ for that. Perfect pass and he flat out dropped it. Its not as if the pass was simply thrown to a defender. That drop was as blatent as if Martin mishandling the snap if we were trying for the FG. There is a lot of blame to go around for that loss and very little of it comes down to that particular play.

The Lions came out in their own house and collectively dropped a gigantic deuce on the midfield emblem. Their should be plenty of rage to go around for that than to fight over woulda, coulda, shoulda things that might have happened.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is hardly automatic from that distance regardless of how you look at it. He's around 50% from 40-49 this year and over the last 3. That's also a fact. They moved the ball all day long. But now that they have a 45 yard shot they're supposed to just sit on it, hope Akers makes one for a tie and still leave plenty of time on the clock for the Bucs to come back and win it ? I disagree. If they sat on it and missed a 45 yard FG you'd be bitching about that. Idk where you're going with the Levy thing. Look, I'm on record here multiple times stating I think Schwartz is a bonehead and their biggest problem. But this play did not fail because it was a bad call. If you want to keep railing on it, have at it.

Again, he was injured 2 years before this. He is healthy now. The 3 years before that he was 28 for 33 (85%) when healthy. Your agruement holds no water. You have cherry picked your stats. Also, Why are you hung up on 40-49 and omitting his 50+ yards kicks? If that is the case why not look at 44-46 yards or just 45 yard FGs. Does Akers have a mental block that only allows him to be accurate on less than 40 and greater than 50 yd kicks? It makes no sense.

Also, the defense played well for a change. They were not moving the ball all day. They 17 total points. 3 was because of a turnover around midfield and a TD on a blown coverage. 7 points the rest of the game despite having the ball 5 more times than us. If we ran they would have had no more than 1 TO with about 40 seconds left. I doubt they would have even used them.

I do agree that Shwartz would ahve found away to blow it. He probably would have on-side kicked and gave them the ball at mid field.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way any team plays for a tie and OT in that situation. I don't care who your kicker is. I don't care if Tampa had timeouts or not. I dont care if Meow wants me to agree to disagree. You try to win. Everytime that situation presents itself, you play to win.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way any team plays for a tie and OT in that situation. I don't care who your kicker is. I don't care if Tampa had timeouts or not. I dont care if Meow wants me to agree to disagree. You try to win. Everytime that situation presents itself, you play to win.

Yes, but you can do it smartly. You dont throw hail Mary's into triple coverage. And at home you very much do play for OT. On the road I would agree you dont want to have to settle for a FG.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't play for OT in that situation. Not at home, not on the road. It's not like there were just seconds remaining. There was over a minute. As poorly underthrown as that ball was, it was catchable. (2.6% of staffords passes have been picked off this season) CJ didn't catch it. (Calvin is 16th in the NFL in drops with 5. One less than AJ Green and Steve Smith. Three less than Reggie Bush and Brandon Marshall, who lead the league) I can see going with a shorter route toward the sideline, getting a first have giving yourself three more plays atleast. But CJ wasn't the only eligible receiver on that play. Staff decided to go to his best receiver, it didn't work out for him, the team, or us. But Im pretty convinced you're mixing your hate for Schwartz and company with a physical mistake/let down by a player.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players didn't look into the game. You can't coach intensity and focus. You provide the players with the best game plan and rotate your guys as needed.

The fact Stafford looked clueless throwing the deep middle ball and missing the safety is not Schwartz fault or Linehans! The pick 6 Stafford gave up was on him or Pettigrew. Schwartz did to tell him to throw it to the defender. So yes Stafford looked clueless out their. The team was not jumping off sides like we have seen in the past and minus a few bogus calls like Fairley going low the the defensive scheme was pretty sound.

Players need to make plays. Durham needs to hang onto that damn ball! CJ needs to wrap the ball up! Those were not coaching mistakes but player mistakes that cost Detroit.

The only fault I saw was the Special Teams coach needs to work with Martin to get the ball away quicker. Wandstadt saw that and pushed for a block punt package and it worked. But outside of that the scheme and game plan looked good. The execution sucked!

So are we to blame Schwartz for not benching Stafford? Or pulling Pettigrew?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, he was injured 2 years before this. He is healthy now. The 3 years before that he was 28 for 33 (85%) when healthy. Your agruement holds no water. You have cherry picked your stats. Also, Why are you hung up on 40-49 and omitting his 50+ yards kicks? If that is the case why not look at 44-46 yards or just 45 yard FGs. Does Akers have a mental block that only allows him to be accurate on less than 40 and greater than 50 yd kicks? It makes no sense.

Also, the defense played well for a change. They were not moving the ball all day. They 17 total points. 3 was because of a turnover around midfield and a TD on a blown coverage. 7 points the rest of the game despite having the ball 5 more times than us. If we ran they would have had no more than 1 TO with about 40 seconds left. I doubt they would have even used them.

I do agree that Shwartz would ahve found away to blow it. He probably would have on-side kicked and gave them the ball at mid field.

It's still only 5 for 8, so that's 1 more than 50%. I didn't cherry-pick. I just looked up his stats from 40-49. I just disagree with putting it in the hands of Akers to simply tie it and give it back to the Bucs with plenty of time to win it and if that all worked out for us now we have to hope we win it in OT. We were on their 28 with a chance to win the game. I get your take. I just can't see saying that play was definitely a bad call, unlike last week's inconceivably bad call. I'm not a Schwartz & staff apologist by any means. But I found myself bitching less about the play-calling this week than usual. They actually blitzed some. I hope they try more of that Thursday. Rodgers would eat the blitz up. But against a Glennon or Flynn I'll take my chances until he proves he can figure it out.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players didn't look into the game. You can't coach intensity and focus. You provide the players with the best game plan and rotate your guys as needed.

The fact Stafford looked clueless throwing the deep middle ball and missing the safety is not Schwartz fault or Linehans! The pick 6 Stafford gave up was on him or Pettigrew. Schwartz did to tell him to throw it to the defender. So yes Stafford looked clueless out their. The team was not jumping off sides like we have seen in the past and minus a few bogus calls like Fairley going low the the defensive scheme was pretty sound.

Players need to make plays. Durham needs to hang onto that damn ball! CJ needs to wrap the ball up! Those were not coaching mistakes but player mistakes that cost Detroit.

The only fault I saw was the Special Teams coach needs to work with Martin to get the ball away quicker. Wandstadt saw that and pushed for a block punt package and it worked. But outside of that the scheme and game plan looked good. The execution sucked!

So are we to blame Schwartz for not benching Stafford? Or pulling Pettigrew?

I agree with everything except the punt. That was a jailbreak and on the blockers/blocking scheme, not Martin. Somebody else said it best. The Flash couldn't have gotten that punt off. Which reminds me.. that made it 6 TOs to 0 rather than the 5 TOs I posted before. How many teams have ever won an NFL game with a negative 0-6 TO ratio ?

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel Schwartz is playing for his job tomorrow. I know its the Lions and they're unpredictable/predictable at the same time. Furthermore the Fords are loyal to a fault but I just have a feeling if they don't win Thursday this season will spiral out of control. It seems the locker room is already on the brink.