• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fiesta Bowl- Clemson versus Ohio State

Who Wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so Ohio State struggled against teams they beat 48-3, 77-10, 38-17, and 58-0? Gotcha.
Might want to look at Clemson's schedule too. There is quite a few blowouts in there.

The subject was both teams struggling against mediocre competition. Ohio State had close games against Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Northwestern. Only two of those teams would fall into the category of mediocre to bad.

Clemson had close games against VT, Louisville, Florida State, Pitt, NC State, Troy, and Auburn.
Out of those I would say only 3 fall into the mediocre to bad category.
Yeah wow, that Bammer is a moron. Not sure he has watched a single game outside of his team this year if he thinks this way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and should we get the chance to face bama, it's going to be a defensive slug-fest. Neither team's offense seems to be particularly potent this year.

Yeah but I am more scared of Clemson's potential offense than any team in the nation

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL the thing that scares me JT. He is a beast but he has relied on his running game most of the season. He will have to make throws and especially deep throws but it starts with the o-line, they need to block like they are capable of doing even though they are young. WR's will have to get open and be precise on their routes.
Also, the key is: Get the damn ball to Curtis Samuel!

Interesting, Clemson needs the opposite from Watson. Saw a stat today showing him running vs Ranked and non-Ranked teams in his career. About 20 attempts per game and 90+ yards per game vs Ranked teams and only half of that vs Non-Ranked teams. Make sense since Clemson don't want a repeat of his freshman season but it shows when Clemson can't put a team away or play down to their competition.

Curtis Samuel is the #1 player I'm most afraid of, see Dalvin Cook vs Clemson for reasons why.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost made it. Tomorrow's the day. Very pumped for this game and no matter the outcome, both teams should be proud of what they accomplished this year and excited for the future

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the majority (14-6) of ESPN staff picked Clemson to win. Only have one thing to say about that:

:yes:

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any station this net, radio check, over.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL the thing that scares me JT. He is a beast but he has relied on his running game most of the season. He will have to make throws and especially deep throws but it starts with the o-line, they need to block like they are capable of doing even though they are young. WR's will have to get open and be precise on their routes.
Also, the key is: Get the damn ball to Curtis Samuel!
JT plays much better in a dome or warmer weather climate than he does outdoors in cooler climates. Look at his games he struggled in October and November with cooler temps and rain/snow versus say @Oklahoma etc.? He will come to play in AZ. I also think he is going to find a new favorite target KJ Hill in this game.
J.T. Barrett

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the majority (14-6) of ESPN staff picked Clemson to win. Only have one thing to say about that:

:yes:
What? I thought they all picked the Buckeyes! I like it better that way, so I'm going to pretend that I never saw your post and stick my head in the sand.

ostrich_looking.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT plays much better in a dome or warmer weather climate than he does outdoors in cooler climates. Look at his games he struggled in October and November with cooler temps and rain/snow versus say @Oklahoma etc.? He will come to play in AZ. I also think he is going to find a new favorite target KJ Hill in this game.

That is the good thing about this game and Ohio St relies on speed so playing in a dome or warmer weather is always a good thing

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the good thing about this game and Ohio St relies on speed so playing in a dome or warmer weather is always a good thing
I see 11W writers all picked Clemson to win in a tight game. I think JT is going to surprise a lot of people with his passing game in this game. My only worry is the DE of Clemson loading up on Prince, giving JT no time to throw. They should keep Baugh there to help with protection.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need a catchier thread title like...
"WHICH TEAM GET'S THEIR PROSTRATE RIPPED OUT OF THEIR ASSHOLE TONIGHT?"

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still lmao at that Michigan QB. How good is the Penn St QB?

Get ready for Deshaum Watson. Should be a beatdown by Clemson

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OSU loses, I'm going with the "We would have won if Peppers had chosen Ohio State" excuse.