• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fiesta Bowl- Clemson versus Ohio State

Who Wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a dog in this fight, but Spurrier is the greatest coach in Florida history. 9 ten win seasons, 2 12 win seasons, never less than 9 wins over 12 years in an era of 12-13 game seasons. 13 wins doesn't mean as much when you are playing 14.

As for your 5 year stretch, Urban won 1 more game than Spurrier in two 5 year spans...but played 5 more games.

Now, that being said, Florida fans need to get their jealous asses over this shit and move on.
Also only 1 National title in twice as many seasons as Urban. Urban also lost 1 game in three of his seasons there; Spurrier only had 2 seasons like that. If Urban was there for as long as Spurrier, he'd have blown away Spurrier's resume.

I guess I'm saying that, when you rank the coaches that have been at their school in relation to how they rank all-time, Urban is clearly the greatest one to coach there.

And yes, you are right, they do need to move on already. It's been 6 years.

SILVER BULLET

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also only 1 National title in twice as many seasons as Urban. Urban also lost 1 game in three of his seasons there; Spurrier only had 2 seasons like that. If Urban was there for as long as Spurrier, he'd have blown away Spurrier's resume.

I guess I'm saying that, when you rank the coaches that have been at their school in relation to how they rank all-time, Urban is clearly the greatest one to coach there.

And yes, you are right, they do need to move on already. It's been 6 years.
One can also argue that Spurrier is the one who put Florida football on the map, and without this fact, there probably would have never been Urban Meyer at UF. Prior to Spurrier, UF was a solid average program from a national standpoint. Their winning pct before Spurrier was around .580. During Spurrier's tenure, he won nearly 82% of his games, and many of them were against some of the better competition they faced. After Spurrier, the program's win pct dropped to around .690. However, during Meyer's tenure, he won at nearly the rate Spurrier did. Again, without Spurrier, I don't believe Meyer would have accepted UF. If history was different for UF, Meyer would have most likely went to ND instead. Speculation of course.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic...this game isn't getting the same hype as the 2014 Alabama-Ohio St matchup...hard to beat have the two top tv draws, but can this game live up to the considerable hype it is getting, or is this the letdown game.

I'm hoping for a winner, a real physical game...one that leaves the winner too beat up to put up much of a struggle the following weak.

On paper it is definitely the best match-up in bowl season, hopefully it is as good a game in real life.

SILVER BULLET

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and might still be there.
Back on topic...this game isn't getting the same hype as the 2014 Alabama-Ohio St matchup...hard to beat have the two top tv draws, but can this game live up to the considerable hype it is getting, or is this the letdown game.
And Bama might have 1 less title to claim, but you're right, per topic the OSU-Clemson matchup should be another good one to watch. Lets just hope the Bucks come out on top this time.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading all these posts of how good and close a game it will be.

So, why am I thinking Ohio State wins by at least 17?

Clemson kind of reminds me of Florida State a couple years ago. Spending all season squeaking by mediocre teams then gets to the playoffs and gets beat by 40.
???? Both teams have been squeaking by mediocre teams all year.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???? Both teams have been squeaking by mediocre teams all year.

Ohio State struggled against 2 teams it shouldn't have. Who did Clemson struggle with that they shouldn't have? NC State, Pitt, and Troy? I wouldn't call two or three games "all year"

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State struggled against 2 teams it shouldn't have. Who did Clemson struggle with that they shouldn't have? NC State, Pitt, and Troy? I wouldn't call two or three games "all year"
Ohio State struggled in every game except OU,Nebraska, and Maryland. Clemson struggled in every game until they lost

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State struggled in every game except OU,Nebraska, and Maryland. Clemson struggled in every game until they lost

Ok, so Ohio State struggled against teams they beat 48-3, 77-10, 38-17, and 58-0? Gotcha.
Might want to look at Clemson's schedule too. There is quite a few blowouts in there.

The subject was both teams struggling against mediocre competition. Ohio State had close games against Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Northwestern. Only two of those teams would fall into the category of mediocre to bad.

Clemson had close games against VT, Louisville, Florida State, Pitt, NC State, Troy, and Auburn.
Out of those I would say only 3 fall into the mediocre to bad category.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading all these posts of how good and close a game it will be.

So, why am I thinking Ohio State wins by at least 17?

Clemson kind of reminds me of Florida State a couple years ago. Spending all season squeaking by mediocre teams then gets to the playoffs and gets beat by 40.
I like the way you think.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spare me this BS. Sick and tired of those who think you should win every fucking game by 40 pts, and if you don't, the team is falling apart. :gaah:

Concerning bama, I recall them "struggling" numerous times this year, in spite of the sports media stroking bama all year. I seem to remember bama only leading chatanooga 7-3 in the middle of the 2nd quarter!!! really? that's embarrassing. :dhd:

SILVER BULLET

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State may have struggled in some games, but 11-1 is still 11-1 no matter how it happened, and

Ohio State - 27
Clemson - 23

Can't wait to play Washington in the natty!

CroconawKings

Go Kings Go
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington better beat Alabama. Go Huskies!! I'm also thinking Clemson beats Ohio State.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State may have struggled in some games, but 11-1 is still 11-1 no matter how it happened, and

Ohio State - 27
Clemson - 23

Can't wait to play Washington in the natty!

LOL the thing that scares me JT. He is a beast but he has relied on his running game most of the season. He will have to make throws and especially deep throws but it starts with the o-line, they need to block like they are capable of doing even though they are young. WR's will have to get open and be precise on their routes.
Also, the key is: Get the damn ball to Curtis Samuel!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Indiana and Rutgers and Bowling Green and Tulsa. The point is they played in the best conference and I still don't think we have seen the best from tOSU. Hopefully it will be a coming out party in the playoff bc this team is still young and learning more and more every game.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Indiana and Rutgers and Bowling Green and Tulsa. The point is they played in the best conference and I still don't think we have seen the best from tOSU. Hopefully it will be a coming out party in the playoff bc this team is still young and learning more and more every game.

and should we get the chance to face bama, it's going to be a defensive slug-fest. Neither team's offense seems to be particularly potent this year.