• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State breaks all time record for Sagarin and FPI rating models

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nailed it. There are a TON of teams that would be 6-3 with their schedule, and I guarantee you the overwhelming majority of those teams wouldn't have needed to escape late against a pathetic Arkansas team at home. Texas A&M is no more than a slightly-above average team who is going to go 7-5 and lose to the only teams on their schedule with a pulse.

I’d say they are about average at best.....the way some of the Bama/SEC folks talk about them though is in everyone’s favorite old “THEYD BE A POWER IF THEY WERENT IN THE SEC” type manner. Nah they’d be about average wherever you drop them.

It is highly hilarious that said people are now forced to defend A&M in comparisons to Indiana though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say they are about average at best.....the way some of the Bama/SEC folks talk about them though is in everyone’s favorite old “THEYD BE A POWER IF THEY WERENT IN THE SEC” type manner. Nah they’d be about average wherever you drop them.

It is highly hilarious that said people are now forced to defend A&M in comparisons to Indiana though.

They haven't exactly been terribly competitive in those games either

I'd say they are likely better than Indiana but not substantially so.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to compliment you on using your big boy words instead of a facepalm...but then I see that is pretty much your level of vocabulary anyways, so you should probably stick to the emojis.

My bad, I really meant to say 4 years, I would have assumed you bitches thought you were better than a 3 loss Penn State too, but I was thinking of Michigan St the season before when you gave Elliot 12 carries in shit field conditions. You say tomato, I say 4 years of losing to teams you were better than. No sense breaking up a set, you should go for the half decade...and that's just the B1G teams...aside from 2012 when you avoiding getting your ass kicked in a bowl game by cheating, you guys have pretty much made a habit of losing to teams you were better than at least once. I don't think it is much of a stretch to wonder when it is going to happen this year.

I’m hoping that habit left with Meyer.

Also, yer gay.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know why people are acting like having Jimbo Fisher instantly makes them a great program. He had a really good stretch at FSU from 2012-2014, but then he was just decent for 2 years, and then he crashed and burned in 2017. He had a pretty average year last year for Texas A&M standards, and this year they've taken a step back and will likely be 7-5 in the regular season, which was basically what Kevin Sumlin did in his final 4 years before getting fired. They're a decent team who doesn't play up to the level they probably should, but they're paying out their ass for a coach who really has no motivation to be elite given his paycheck and buyout.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lel. OSUx is a joke...will get humiliated in post season play.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lel. OSUx is a joke...will get humiliated in post season play.
giphy.gif

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, the game is played on the field. We will see if they can run the table

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem with SEC pimping when it comes to teams like A&M. You can only name who they have lost to. Their 6 wins are all against bad teams. It’s presumed strength based on “well they’ve lost to these teams” purely.

...and this is different for Indiana and Iowa how?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nailed it. There are a TON of teams that would be 6-3 with their schedule, and I guarantee you the overwhelming majority of those teams wouldn't have needed to escape late against a pathetic Arkansas team at home. Texas A&M is no more than a slightly-above average team who is going to go 7-5 and lose to the only teams on their schedule with a pulse.

...the only difference between Texas A&M, Iowa and Indiana in that regard is that Iowa and Indiana are ranked. They have one win with a winning record between them. IF Iowa and Indiana had Clemson, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and LSU on their schedule they would both be 7-5. Iowa might could beat Auburn if they got them at home.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...the only difference between Texas A&M, Iowa and Indiana in that regard is that Iowa and Indiana are ranked. They have one win with a winning record between them. IF Iowa and Indiana had Clemson, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and LSU on their schedule they would both be 7-5. Iowa might could beat Auburn if they got them at home.

Once again, nobody is trying to talk up Indiana or Iowa like y'all talk up Texas A&M though

There is literally nothing impressive about A&M, along with having zero even decent wins, they BARELY beat a god awful Arkansas and bad Ole Miss team. Yet some will tag them as a "solid win" for Bama.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, nobody is trying to talk up Indiana or Iowa like y'all talk up Texas A&M though

There is literally nothing impressive about A&M, along with having zero even decent wins, they BARELY beat a god awful Arkansas and bad Ole Miss team. Yet some will tag them as a "solid win" for Bama.

There is literally nothing impressive about Iowa or Indiana...yet, there they are in the rankings, pimping out the schedule of every other B1G team.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is literally nothing impressive about Iowa or Indiana...yet, there they are in the rankings, pimping out the schedule of every other B1G team.

ESPN was trying to jocky A&M as a "great win" for Bama during their CFP reveal show last night. They even show a graphic that had Texas A&M "ranked 24th". Maybe at the time but they havent been ranked since.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Regardless, are you seriously willing to debate that Bama has "more impressive wins" than Ohio State? lol

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, are you seriously willing to debate that Bama has "more impressive wins" than Ohio State? lol

Well since I have never made that claim, why would I start now. Nor have I pimped out A&M other than to say they are on equal footing with Iowa and Indiana...well at least Indiana, Iowa is likely better, especially at home.

Nor have I made the claim that Ohio State is bad, in fact, I would argue they have been one of the best 4 teams at least 5 of the 6 playoff years....but Iowa and Purdue still happened. The difference this year, is you could probably drop one of the next 3 and still get in...assuming the egg you lay isn't Rutgers.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since I have never made that claim, why would I start now. Nor have I pimped out A&M other than to say they are on equal footing with Iowa and Indiana...well at least Indiana, Iowa is likely better, especially at home.

Nor have I made the claim that Ohio State is bad, in fact, I would argue they have been one of the best 4 teams at least 5 of the 6 playoff years....but Iowa and Purdue still happened. The difference this year, is you could probably drop one of the next 3 and still get in...assuming the egg you lay isn't Rutgers.
The point of all of this is that Indiana isn't being considered a substantial win for OSU. It was a game against an inferior opponent that we predictably dominated. They're 7-2 and having a nice year for Indiana standards, but that wasn't something OSU is going to brag about.

On the other hand, Alabama faced a similar team in Texas A&M and didn't beat them anywhere near as convincingly as OSU beat Indiana, yet we hear about A&M being such a great win. I'm not saying you specifically, but there have been several posters on this board acting like A&M is some great team who is doomed because of their schedule that would be dominant in the other conferences, but they simply aren't.

Fig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all Buckeye cool-aid! This team - so great? They've had their season handed to them - all your tough games at home/all your easy games on the road! If that's not every college football team's dream schedule, I don't know what is! They have really only beat one really good football team this season - Wisconsin. And that was at home! Get my drift? They beat up on poor Miami and get rewarded with several moves up, beat up on Maryland (2-6) and move up again. Stop this love affair between the rakings committee and OSU. What gives? When you play weak teams, you're gonna look really good. But looking really good is different than being really good!

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all Buckeye cool-aid! This team - so great? They've had their season handed to them - all your tough games at home/all your easy games on the road! If that's not every college football team's dream schedule, I don't know what is! They have really only beat one really good football team this season - Wisconsin. And that was at home! Get my drift? They beat up on poor Miami and get rewarded with several moves up, beat up on Maryland (2-6) and move up again. Stop this love affair between the rakings committee and OSU. What gives? When you play weak teams, you're gonna look really good. But looking really good is different than being really good!

Hey dumb fuck, most every team in the top 10 has weaker SOS. Why don’t they have the top rated offense and defense?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU dropped a spot after beating Maryland, dumbass. This is a bad look for your first post. My guess is you don't last long around here.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it's Kool-Aid. Not cool-aid.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wave: Hi, Fig

Bye, Fig :wave:

Go sell your cheap jerseys out of your mom's basement