• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ferentz and crew suck balls

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HRURF,

I understand you can't punish the players, they are the collateral damage for a losing program because of the abilities of the head coach and his staff.

Carver was empty...and changes were made

Same deal for Kinnick...the corners of the stadium are already looking to be empty. Now the boosters might pick up the tab for those few seats, but how long will that last?

I hear ya man. I'll tell you this, I've been a fan since 1994 when I enrolled and I know a lot of you have been fans for much longer. I grew up a Buckeye but went to Iowa so in turn I now hate tOSU. I can't remember a time when I've been so down on Iowa Football. Even in 2012 I chalked it off to growing pains and thought we would see some change. I thought last year we were lucky as hell to win 8 games but thought that maybe this group had a chance of being a solid team (I have a feeling we are living in 2006 again) and now I won't even look forward to Saturday because I already know the outcome.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't punish the kids for the mistakes KF has made

Tell that to Penn State, that program got severely punished for what Sandusky did and those kids didn't do anything wrong, the ones that stuck it out are now happy they did, 3-0 and looking like a bowl game for sure this year.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to games doesn't punish the kids. They're still playing Division 1 football and going to school for free (most of 'em) on a football scholarship. If they are good enough they'll make it to the pros. Empty seats is the one sure way to rid ourselves of this Old Man Football Plague once and for all. I like the idea of voicing one's opinions through your wallet.

Problem is that most of the seats have already been sold so no-showing doesn't do much but hit the vendors. But it at least sends a message if there are substantial no-shows.

I don't live in Iowa any longer but I can say for certain I would never in a million years go to these games with this junk on the field. Throw in cold/snowy/rainy weather....forget it.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem,

I agree that season tickets have sold for this year. However, a message would be sent if the fans sent their tickets back and asked for a prorated refund! It wouldn't surprise me if the ticket office had an "all sales final" policy. But, the fans displeasure would surely be heard.

I too would have paid too much for free tickets as well. No way would I want to attend "...this junk on the field." (You stated that nicely!!)

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the other saddest parts of the ISU game was that it was a mid afternoon game on ESPN with the big time trucks in the lot (sorry I do say ESPN > BTN) and recruits in the stands and we had a chance to shine on national tv in front of kids who might take a second look...and we looked foolish and silly in all facets except maybe kickoffs.

What a total opportunity missed by laying such a turd, to be honest, the games like that, that is really where KF needs to earn his salary and the staff needs to have the kids ready to be on their A game. ESPN is the premier channel for the ESPN franchise, it's not ESPN2, not ESPNU, not ESPNews, it was the main one.

Recruits could say look at me, I can be on national tv in front of a huge audience...instead they are saying holy crap, KF and the Hawkeyes look like they have their heads up their butts.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest of the schedule

Pittsburgh - Will be a tough game, no doubt, but Iowa has done a great job at stopping the run game. Passing on Iowa's defense has been the downside (which was expected). Pitt is mainly a running team. Not an easy win by any means, but Iowa's defense should match up well for them.

Iowa won 24-20

Purdue - Purdue is 1-2. Only win was to one of MAC's worst teams and lost to CMU. They played ND well for a while. Purdue also sucks passing and running the ball.

Iowa won 24-10

Indiana - Coming into the season I was worried about Indiana. They have been an air raid team the past few years. This year, they are all running and a horrible defense. I think Iowa lines up with them pretty good.

Iowa won 45-29

Maryland - I expect this to be a loss for Iowa. Maryland is a passing team. However, KF is good at developing defenses during the season, so will the defense have enough experience to slow it down enough?

Iowa lost 37-27

Northwestern - I don't think Iowa will go back to NW struggle again. NW is terrible.

Minnesota - They are all about running the ball with the big guy. Iowa should win this one.

Illinois - Will the pass defense for Iowa be developed enough for Illinois? If not, then will even be an unusual year for KF. His defenses usually get better as the season goes on. But Illinois is a passing team.

Wisconsin - I think this will be a low-scoring game. Iowa will stop Wisconsin's rushing attack. Wisconsin will stop whatever Iowa does. It will be a hard hitting game.

Nebraska - I think this will be the toughest game for Iowa this season. Wisconsin may or may not be a better team, but Iowa lines up better against Wisconsin. But I don't think it is unrealistic for Iowa to be able to beat them at this point of the season.

I still can see a 10 win season if they are consistent in stopping the run and develop their pass defense. Six of the teams they have left are run-first offenses, which is Iowa's defense strong point. Purdue is just awful. I still can see a 10-win season if the defense plays like they did vs Ball State.

My expectations have not been too far off so far. I still don't think Iowa will struggle against NW (even if they are not as bad as I thought). And when I posted this, Illinois still had their top QB. I still can see 5 more wins.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a struggle to beat the following teams on Iowa's remaining schedule:

- Northwestern
- At Minnesota
- At Illinois
- Wisconsin
- Nebraska

I see maybe 2 wins the rest of the way. I say Illinois and either/or on NW and Minnesota.

8-4 is bad enough...but a 7-5 season would be an epic disaster given the schedule.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to trade coaching staffs with Arkysaw

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the fence here about the Maryland game only at least, I still don't believe in Greg Davis all that much but I feel we had some key mistakes by players. 18-23 year old kids...you just never know what you will get. I had a feeling with 2 weeks to prepare that Maryland would be tough, but felt we had a good chance to win and knew if the play on the field was good, it should be a win.

I didn't see the 2nd half, DVR'd it but seeing the final score, just erased it. I am not sure what is up with our punting and our porous defense. Granted they ran every crazy running play ever but we need to tackle well and be ready there, that is on the coaches to watch game tape, make sure our defense watches it and have them ready to stop the jet sweep and the dual threat QB.

Offense, same thing, have a game plan, the coaches need to make sure they are ready and then the kids must execute. I am not sold on Scherff being an all American, he did not look good and hasn't really looked that great this season.

I am comfortable with Koehn now as the kicker, but what the heck is our punting deal? We stink big time there, do these guys just not have the leg?

I will say this, Florida State won last night and rushed for something like 50 yards, so not having a huge rushing game isn't a killer, but boy would it help to get someone going. No idea what we are saving Weisman for now, 7 games down, 5 to go, time to give the horse the ball and let him run. Felt the running game was there first half if they would stick with it.

Week off again, ugh, then NW who got demolished by Nebraska, we need to win this next one.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember one season when McNabb had the worst QB rating in the NFL and the Eagles started off horrible. People said the McNabb was the most overrated QB in the NFL and all the criticism that goes along with it. I remember during that time watching Inside the NFL, Chris Carter pointed out that McNabb is playing as good or better than any QB in the NFL that season. His completion % was one of the worst, but he pointed out that if you didn't count dropped passes, it would be a completely different story. He also said if the receivers start catching the ball instead of dropping them, McNabb will look much different. Well, ironically, the WRs started catching the ball and McNabb was among the good QBs and they went to the NFC Championship.

That reminds me of Iowa. I think the play calling is good. How many times has Bullock ran to the line of scrimmage and danced instead of hitting a hole or did a horrible job reading a block? He had huge gains and 1st downs perfectly set up for him but he danced. How many times did we have a WR open deep but the QB didn't do a good pass or the WR dropped it? But since the WR dropped it, horrible play call by Ferentz for what probably would have been a TD if the WR just held onto the ball.

Against Indiana and 1st Q of Maryland, you guys say play calling was good. Well, players were catching the passes (other than WRs vs Maryland) and RB was reading blocks. Of course, when players drop passes or run wrong routes, the coach called a horrible play. You cannot tell me that Iowa's last play was drawn up like that.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye,

In a nutshell, it really seems that this program is stuck in a regressive mode. The inconsistencies are many, but we won't see KF shake anything up!! Having said that, with such inconsistencies...point the fingers at the coaching staff.

All facets of the program: offense, defense, special teams, & recruiting all seem flat. KF clearly overrules any situational play called...and it hasn't been working. Recruiting has flatlined. Stealing a recruit from a I-AA, or small conference (MWC), program is not a coup for the program. And it sure looks like the recruits being brought in aren't developing in comparison to previous recruiting classes that KF has had incredible success with.

Given the prevalence of the bowls, it is pretty easy to position a team for a January 1st bowl game. As it stands right now, CBSSports projects Iowa to the Heart of Dallas Bowl on December 26th against Marshall. Marshall will destroy Iowa with their dual-threat QB Rakeem Cato. But, bowl projections after week 7 mean very little right now.

All-in-all, the KF program is stagnant and regressive. Another mediocre season will lead to fewer quality recruits and another mediocre season and fewer quality recruits and......

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I-Jerms,

We must have watched two different games yesterday involving Iowa. Iowa's offense had a short field on their first possession and drove the field in the second possession - both getting TDs. After that, KF went into his ultra-conservative mode hoping that his defense would shut down their anemic offense. Clearly, that didn't last because Maryland started to carve up Iowa's defense.

- I can't recall Rudock throwing the ball down field at all yesterday. I saw many completions to the Iowa TEs. And I saw dump-down passes.
- If Bullock is that bad...I guess he should continue to play. Iowa has a horrible rushing attack this year. I wonder if the O-line coach is going to be criticized for the play of the rushing game. Weisman is a fullback...but starting at running back for a power 5 program. Anyone else see anything wrong with that situation?
- How bad of a read was that by Rudock for his pick 6?

This team is hurting itself with its inability to execute. If the best players are starting...and not executing...who's at fault? Afterall, the coaching staff brings in the recruits. They are being coached. But is the coaching that they are receiving enabling the players to improve? That's debatable.

I am putting the onus on the head coach of the program!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoops, it's kind of hard to tell...I am not sure it is regressive, stagnant, whatever, but agree we are not going forward, so I guess if you are not moving forward then you are falling behind, so yeah you are right.

The University of Iowa Hawkeyes should win 9 games every year, period. Right now, I am not thrilled with the team in all facets, but yeah we don't get the big recruits, neither did Mississippi State as if you look at their roster they don't have 5 star kids either. So hmm...what's the difference? This is a layup for anyone who wants to answer.

9 wins, that is my standard, if you can't meet it, move on.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye,

I totally agree with you on the program getting 9 wins each and every season. Especially given the leagues expansion because the teams brought in are not that tough (Rutgers & Maryland). Nebraska has been a tough program in its history, but under Pelini, they've been beatable.

The difference between Iowa and Mississippi St -- it's staggering. Swap both teams, how many wins does Iowa have at this point of the season? Iowa probably beats S. Alabama, Ten-Martin, and Vandy. Iowa maybe beats Southern Miss and UAB. No bowl game for Iowa if playing in the SEC.

The difference, it takes 30+ points per game to win consistently in college football. KF doesn't coach that way. Additionally, it takes speed and power to win in today's college game. I just don't seed the speed and power being brought in by KF.

I think Iowa ends up with 7 wins on the season and a late December bowl game against a mid-major program. Anything over 7 wins is the new gravy flavor for Iowa football.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa should (could) win their 5 remaining games. They shoulda (coulda) gone undefeated this year. Man, everything was set up for the whole country to cry foul about Iowa being undefeated in a shitty B1G and getting to the playoffs.

I couple years ago I was a ardent supporter of KF, but I've seen the light and the dude's got to go. I know it won't happen and would be pissed if we wasted the money to buy him out, but GD, KF sucks balls.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trade would be excellent. Could we swap high paid coaches with another school?

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing Florida would take that deal right now, KF for Will Muschamp

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehem..Nobody prepares a team like the Ferentz coaching staff. Today is almost as bad as ISU.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost as bad??? We just took a giant dump on ESPN2.

Waiting for Iowajerms and his "We are 6th against the rush in night games decided by 100pts or less" stats to paint a rosey picture of this horrid team and even worse coaching staff.

Outcoached, outplayed, outeverythinged today. I'll take FL's Muschamp anyday over this old/tired coaching staff. Knew they were a fraud.