• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ferentz and crew suck balls

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line for me is that I want to see Iowa break out of the vanilla mold that we've seen for the last 5 years. We do nothing that excites this fan base or strikes ANY questions about what we'll do with any opponent.

We consistently have players drafted who excel at the next level, but don't excel for Iowa. Just show me some innovation and something other than apathy!!!!

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KF is a top 10 paid coach in CFB. The other 9 excite their fan base or are GONE. We have no business paying an Iowa coach that type of $$.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line for me is that I want to see Iowa break out of the vanilla mold that we've seen for the last 5 years. We do nothing that excites this fan base or strikes ANY questions about what we'll do with any opponent.

We consistently have players drafted who excel at the next level, but don't excel for Iowa. Just show me some innovation and something other than apathy!!!!

Give me examples of these drafted players who didn't excel at Iowa that are excelling in the pros.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have pro players like Aaron Rodgers, but we do have plenty that are drafted and stick with teams. What I'm saying is that the talent is there.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't make me do a Google search on your ass! :peace2:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 15 highest paid college football coaches | NCAA Football | Sporting News

1. Nick Saban - $7.3 million
2. Bob Stoops - $5.25 million
3. Charlie Strong - $5 million
4. Kevin Sumlin - $5 million
5. Urban Meyer - $4.8 million
6. Les Miles - $4.5 million
7. Brady Hoke - $4.3 million
8. Art Briles - $4.25 million
9. Steve Sarkisian - $4.25 million
10. Kirk Ferentz - $4 million
11. Gus Melzahn - $4 million
12. James Franklin - $4 million
13. Brian Kelly - $4 million
14. Steve Spurrier - $4 million
15. Jimbo Fisher - $4 million

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have pro players like Aaron Rodgers, but we do have plenty that are drafted and stick with teams. What I'm saying is that the talent is there.

I want those that got drafted that didn't excel at Iowa. Those excelling at Iowa were part of teams that had 10-win seasons, BCS Bowls, finalist for position awards (or won), top 10 or 5 defenses. I want to see the list of players you are talking about that were not part of those but are excelling in the NFL.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want those that got drafted that didn't excel at Iowa. Those excelling at Iowa were part of teams that had 10-win seasons, BCS Bowls, finalist for position awards (or won), top 10 or 5 defenses. I want to see the list of players you are talking about that were not part of those but are excelling in the NFL.

so what are you saying? We should shut up and be happy we have a coach that's making $4mil/per and just take whatever he puts out there? :noidea:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Nick Saban - $7.3 million
2. Bob Stoops - $5.25 million
3. Charlie Strong - $5 million
4. Kevin Sumlin - $5 million
5. Urban Meyer - $4.8 million
6. Les Miles - $4.5 million
7. Brady Hoke - $4.3 million
8. Art Briles - $4.25 million
9. Steve Sarkisian - $4.25 million
11. Gus Melzahn - $4 million
12. James Franklin - $4 million
13. Brian Kelly - $4 million
14. Steve Spurrier - $4 million
15. Jimbo Fisher - $4 million

Looks kinda queer to have KF's name in the middle of this!....Besides Charlie Strong, but that's just Texas.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KF is a top 10 paid coach in CFB. The other 9 excite their fan base or are GONE. We have no business paying an Iowa coach that type of $$.

1. Nick Saban - No other coach has had the success he has had the past 5 years
2. Bob Stoops - I would say no other current CFB coach has had the success he has had during his tenure. Possibly Urban Meyer
3. Charlie Strong - Had 2 great seasons at Louisville. At the richest sports program for universities. Done nothing to earn 3rd highest paid coach.
4. Kevin Sumlin - Made the program really exciting
5. Urban Meyer - Had great success at 3 different programs. Should be higher.
6. Les Miles - Should be higher than 6th highest paid coach
7. Brady Hoke - At a program who easily gets top recruits, and what has he done?
8. Art Briles - Changed that program around.
9. Steve Sarkisian - Hasn't had a 9 win season as a head coach. Should he be above KF?
11. Gus Melzahn - Needs to be higher
12. James Franklin - Did great at Vanderbilt considering where they were, but I wouldn't put him above KF. KF was given an awful team as well
13. Brian Kelly - I'll say he should be above KF
14. Steve Spurrier - He should stay below KF.
15. Jimbo Fisher - I don't think he will be below Ferentz for long

I would 6 out of the 9 coaches above Ferentz should be paid more than Ferentz. Charlie Strong hasn't had enough time to prove his worth. Hoke didn't do anything special before Michigan and has had 2 season with more than 8 wins (last being 3 seasons ago). And Steve Sarkisian didn't do anything at Washington to make him worthy of getting paid more than KF.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what are you saying? We should shut up and be happy we have a coach that's making $4mil/per and just take whatever he puts out there? :noidea:

You said there are players that are excelling in the NFL that didn't at Iowa. Actually, you pointed out that are drafted. To me, that didn't make sense. How do players get drafted without excelling in college? I'm just pointing out that all of them that are excelling in the NFL did excel at Iowa.

And I got to the point where I don't care about KF's salary. I think CFB coaches that get paid millions is too much anywhere. It is the fans that are the reason for it. We buy the merchandise and tickets to pay their salaries. Also, why should I really care where he stands among other coaches. Would giving him a salary that makes him 128th in CFB make him any better or worse of a coach? Would you think differently of him?

Another thing most of those other coaches on that list are a part of is a program that has decades of dominance (Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Penn State, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, FSU). They can get top recruits just off of the name of the college. That doesn't happen at Iowa when recruiting 5-star recruits. They get the 2- or 3- star recruits and get them drafted.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does how much people put into those things have anything to do with it? Because they suck, they should have a facility 10+ years behind every other athletic program in a major conference? Because they suck, I have to go to a stadium that is not as good as it can be when I go watch them in person?

Ferentz has 2 conference championships in 15 seasons
Fry had 3 in 20 years

Ferentz has had 12 seasons bowl eligible seasons (11 bowl games)
Fry had 14 seasons bowl eligible (14 bowl games)

Ferentz has 2 seasons with 11 wins (4 with double-digit winning seasons)
Fry had 3 double-digit winning seasons
*I compared Ferentz 11 wins to Fry's double digit because Fry coached during 11-game seasons and most of Ferentz's was 12

Ferentz has finished in the Top 10 four times
Fry finished in the Top 10 twice

You want Fry to be interim head coach, but I think he is very comparable with 5 less seasons. Also, in 2012, Iowa replaced pretty much all their assistant coaches. I bet that had something to do with struggles.

Having money to put into a program brings in great players which breeds great teams which leads to people being in the stands which keeps are big donors check books open. Do you think they just donate that money for just a tax write off? They don't deserve a coach who continues to make boneheaded in game decisions and they don't deserve to watch they same horrendous shit over and over again. KF is the definition of insanity. He continues to do the same thing over and over again and expects different results. Look at 2012 for example...a new OC with an inept QB trying to run that offense. You would think that after about game 9 or 10 that year KF would have shook some things up. Well he didn't and we all got to watch JVB throw ducks at Marvin McNutts shoelaces while we had a young QB in Rudock that just sat on the bench picking splinters out of his ass. Fast forward to 2014 and there are frightening similarities with the how awful this offense is. One has to think that with the people we lost last year on defense that we might need to change things up on the offensive side of the ball. Jake seems like he doesn't fit this offense either and he's afraid to take some chances. Our wide receivers are never open because they can't run routes. Where the hell was Tevaun Saturday? He's got a lot of ability and we don't utilize him until when we absolutely need to. Every run play is ran to Scherffs side of the field and the defenses just collapse to that side and our RBs are so fixated on following the swarm rather than hitting a hole. I'm not yelling at you or picking on you Jerms I'm just sick of sticking up for the guy as I have always been a KF supporter until Saturday. Winning 10 games isn't good enough this year. We had the opportunity to have a special season and with what I have seen the first 180 minutes of the season leads me to believe that we're in store for a 7 or eight win season which is pathetic with the schedule we have. I understand that teams have off weeks but to have 3 off weeks in a row tells me one of two things. Either we weren't as good as we thought or the coaching staff is worthless. As much as I'd like to think the first part is true I know it isn't. If I don't see anything of substance this coming Saturday I'm finished with this regime and I will be playing golf on Saturdays instead of wasting my time sitting in front of the new TV I bought this year to watch my fucking Hawkeyes fail over and over.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said there are players that are excelling in the NFL that didn't at Iowa. Actually, you pointed out that are drafted. To me, that didn't make sense. How do players get drafted without excelling in college? I'm just pointing out that all of them that are excelling in the NFL did excel at Iowa.

And I got to the point where I don't care about KF's salary. I think CFB coaches that get paid millions is too much anywhere. It is the fans that are the reason for it. We buy the merchandise and tickets to pay their salaries. Also, why should I really care where he stands among other coaches. Would giving him a salary that makes him 128th in CFB make him any better or worse of a coach? Would you think differently of him?

Another thing most of those other coaches on that list are a part of is a program that has decades of dominance (Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Penn State, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, FSU). They can get top recruits just off of the name of the college. That doesn't happen at Iowa when recruiting 5-star recruits. They get the 2- or 3- star recruits and get them drafted.

So you are resting on these laurels? You're happy with what we got going on?

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Stoops would have been able to get some 4 and 5 stars

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having money to put into a program brings in great players which breeds great teams which leads to people being in the stands which keeps are big donors check books open. Do you think they just donate that money for just a tax write off? They don't deserve a coach who continues to make boneheaded in game decisions and they don't deserve to watch they same horrendous shit over and over again. KF is the definition of insanity. He continues to do the same thing over and over again and expects different results.

Most those teams that bring in those big name recruits got those big name recruits before the new facility. Iowa does a good job selling out their stadium. And I will agree with you about KF being the definition of insanity, but Les Miles and Mark Dantonio are a few others that do the same thing. But I will agree that Iowa needs to change some things. I never did see that HUNH he was going to include other than when needed.

Look at 2012 for example...a new OC with an inept QB trying to run that offense. You would think that after about game 9 or 10 that year KF would have shook some things up. Well he didn't and we all got to watch JVB throw ducks at Marvin McNutts shoelaces while we had a young QB in Rudock that just sat on the bench picking splinters out of his ass.

New OC, DC, and basically any other assistant coach. But the defense played like crap even though they should have been a top 10 defense like the previous year. You can't put that season all on Ferentz.

Fast forward to 2014 and there are frightening similarities with the how awful this offense is.

Crazy how similar it is to 2009. Came very close to losing to UNI, 3-point win vs Arkansas State, won by 10 against Arizona. Started out lowly ranked.

One has to think that with the people we lost last year on defense that we might need to change things up on the offensive side of the ball. Jake seems like he doesn't fit this offense either and he's afraid to take some chances. Our wide receivers are never open because they can't run routes. Where the hell was Tevaun Saturday? He's got a lot of ability and we don't utilize him until when we absolutely need to. Every run play is ran to Scherffs side of the field and the defenses just collapse to that side and our RBs are so fixated on following the swarm rather than hitting a hole.

I agree with you here. Iowa is too experienced on the offensive side to be playing like they are. We expected the defense would struggle with something after losing the 3 LBs, but there is no reason for the offense. Bullock needs to be a flanker or something. He is terrible at reading blocks.

I'm not yelling at you or picking on you Jerms I'm just sick of sticking up for the guy as I have always been a KF supporter until Saturday. Winning 10 games isn't good enough this year. We had the opportunity to have a special season and with what I have seen the first 180 minutes of the season leads me to believe that we're in store for a 7 or eight win season which is pathetic with the schedule we have. I understand that teams have off weeks but to have 3 off weeks in a row tells me one of two things. Either we weren't as good as we thought or the coaching staff is worthless. As much as I'd like to think the first part is true I know it isn't. If I don't see anything of substance this coming Saturday I'm finished with this regime and I will be playing golf on Saturdays instead of wasting my time sitting in front of the new TV I bought this year to watch my fucking Hawkeyes fail over and over.

I always thought next season is the special season. So many hopefully returning. I think 10 wins was always a good season. I think 10 wins is still possible. The schedule still lines up good for Iowa. It's not like Iowa is the only B1G team that has struggled in the 1st 3 weeks and 6 of the remaining teams are run-first offenses, which is Iowa's strength on defense. And Iowa can develop as the season goes on.

I am sure nobody was expecting Iowa to be Orange Bowl Champions after 3 weeks in 2009. Nobody expected Iowa to be Orange Bowl Champions on January 1st in 2010. I am saying Iowa is 2-1 (not pretty 2 wins, but they are wins) and Iowa still has a schedule that isn't a monster. Let's see how the next 2 months go.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are resting on these laurels? You're happy with what we got going on?

You bolded me talking about the recruiting. Yes, I am happy with the recruiting. I would rather Iowa be #2 in the Midwest in NFL Draft picks than #2 in 5-star recruits. Just because ESPN, Scout, or Rivals gives them 5 stars doesn't mean anything to me. An NFL team says their name in the NFL Draft mean a lot more.

I bet Stoops would have been able to get some 4 and 5 stars

I think Bob Stoops would have been better, yes. I don't think he would have near the recruits he does now. I think he would have more success. I don't think he would do as good as he did at Oklahoma.

So, would I rather have Bob Stoops instead of Kirk Ferentz? Yes. Iowa also went after Stoops before they hired Ferentz and he went to OU.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bolded me talking about the recruiting. Yes, I am happy with the recruiting. I would rather Iowa be #2 in the Midwest in NFL Draft picks than #2 in 5-star recruits. Just because ESPN, Scout, or Rivals gives them 5 stars doesn't mean anything to me. An NFL team says their name in the NFL Draft mean a lot more.

I think Bob Stoops would have been better, yes. I don't think he would have near the recruits he does now. I think he would have more success. I don't think he would do as good as he did at Oklahoma.

So, would I rather have Bob Stoops instead of Kirk Ferentz? Yes. Iowa also went after Stoops before they hired Ferentz and he went to OU.

Stoops was ready to sign but Bowlsby had to interview one more candidate (Ferentz) and Stoops walked.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've set an awful precedent at Iowa with the amount of money we are paying KF

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, Stoops took Oklahoma, but who wouldn't...OU's pedigree's vs Iowa's? Not to mention Fry left the cupboard bare when he left so KF had to start completely over while Stoops inherited a much better situation. I can't fault Stoops at all.

Here is where I am tired of KF though...OC hire, who does he go get, Greg Davis, an older guy who will fall in line with the conservative game plan that KF wants to run...not saying Davis is that bad, heck we don't know, cause I don't think KF let's him run his game, much like I know KOK used to have plays, KOK won a national championship at Div II or III as I recall, and he had dynamic offense prior to coming to Iowa. DC hire...again, went with Phil Parker, a guy on staff that was already here and falling in line. Not sure of his background but I think his biggest fault is not rotating d line guys to get experience and not getting that Bob Sanders type of hitter recruited...but again, might not be his fault.

So to me it is KF, he called the stupid timeout Sat, the buck stops there. Why is he so lackadaisical in his approach to the team? I know we have talent, we were much more talented at virtually every position except maybe kicker on Sat, but we lost? Why does he not like to run up the score...I am not saying go 55-0, but 35-14 isn't a bad thing.

It is just so aggravating to have put your heart and soul into rooting for this team for years and years and years and it just seems like our head coach doesn't care. I know he does, but he seems to be ripping the school off on salary since 2009.

Your list of coaching salaries, while I agree with you on the why are 6 of them, etc...but here is the thing, these coaches are paid on what they will bring to the program and win. Sarkisian went to Palo Alto with a team that was hurting on defense and kicked their ass, they left it all there, and in part that is why they lost to BC. Not enough kids on defense. Sark will get there and earn that money. Strong will see Texas improve, they almost took down USC and he gets that fan base excited.

Our KF, anything at all exciting about him? I watched Mark Stoops almost beat Florida, he should have really and he has folks excited in Lexington...I am not excited at all, will be skipping the Pitt game, do not want to lose 3 hours of my life watching a team that I am not excited to see. I do hope we win, and would be great, but I will likely DVR and see the score, if we win, will watch the game, if not, well time to hit erase.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've set an awful precedent at Iowa with the amount of money we are paying KF

Not me. I used to say how he doesn't deserve that money, but now I just could care less. If U of I want to take out that much of their budget to him, that is up to them.