• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fear the Walking Dead

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the trailer. Looks like one of those found footage types of films. I'm usually not a fan but I may check it out if it's adding something new to the genre.

I actually used to watch a lot of vampire movies until the Twilight crap came along. I've heard What We Do In the Shadows is really good, but it's more of a comedy. I'd recommend Let The Right One In or the English re-make Let Me In for a cool take on the genre and one of the best films out there.

Afflicted is a first person shot film. They can be annoying, but this film should be the standard on how to do it correctly. It's pretty slow in the beginning.

I did see let me in. It was really good and it was a very unique take.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. I do fear that this will saturate the market, but if Kirkman doesn't do it, someone else will. There are already at least 2 other Z-shows out now. TWD's shelf life is not infinite. He has to strike while the fire is hot. Quality will likely suffer. Such is life.

If The Walking Dead was doing more than 16 episodes a year I might agree with you more. As long as both shows are not being shown at the same time I think the two will compliment each other nicely. Assuming of course that the new one is any good.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If The Walking Dead was doing more than 16 episodes a year I might agree with you more. As long as both shows are not being shown at the same time I think the two will compliment each other nicely. Assuming of course that the new one is any good.
I hope you are right.

One of my concerns is that the new one will not have the solid road map to follow that the original has. The producers of TWD know where the story will be (basically) through about S10 or so right now, and they have seen these storylines play out already, so they can tweak them as needed. The new show will be blazing a completely new path.

I trust those in charge to be able to do it. The comics are basically good (OK, they have been boring as hell the last year or so, but they just got GREAT again), and they are original material.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 episodes for S2!!!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a reboot? If it is I don't know if it's worth watching.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a reboot? If it is I don't know if it's worth watching.
Spin-off.

It is set in LA at the time if the outbreak. Apparently the first season will cover approx 6 weeks (the time Rick was in a coma).

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spin-off.

It is set in LA at the time if the outbreak. Apparently the first season will cover approx 6 weeks (the time Rick was in a coma).
Maybe it's just me but the same story with different scenery doesn't sound like something to get excited about.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me but the same story with different scenery doesn't sound like something to get excited about.
So I take it you will be skipping The Force Awakens, then...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will definitely check it out. Whether I stick with it or not....we'll see?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will definitely check it out. Whether I stick with it or not....we'll see?
I will be sticking with it unless it REALLY sucks. I stick with shows longer than I should (I still watch Falling Skies, for example), and TWD is my fave show going right now and one of my faves of all time.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be sticking with it unless it REALLY sucks. I stick with shows longer than I should (I still watch Falling Skies, for example), and TWD is my fave show going right now and one of my faves of all time.

I watched that for years hoping it would get better before I finally gave up. I'd finish an episode and wonder why I watched it yet watch the next one a week later. I cannot remember what the final straw was that made me stop.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I gave Falling Skies two episodes before I quit. Sounds like I made the right call, but it's really hard to know. I gave Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. 10 episodes before I quit but went back later and watched the last 10 or so of season 1 and it ended up getting good.

On the other hand I gave The Flash a full season to impress me but I've come to the conclusion that it just sucks. There were a few episodes where I shut off the TV in the middle of the show because it got so god damn stupid but one week later I'd be sitting there watching the next episode.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will watch this but I tend to agree with many that this show can't last for long until it is just another 'Walking Dead' show at another location. Next we will see 'Walking Dead Asia' or similar. All angles to make a buck.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that for years hoping it would get better before I finally gave up. I'd finish an episode and wonder why I watched it yet watch the next one a week later. I cannot remember what the final straw was that made me stop.
I watched Falling Skies for two seasons until they just kept putting new aliens in the mix. Even the original aliens kept coming up with new shit...no real plot to that show.

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try the new show for a while. My favorite part of TWD was the beginning and dealing with the dead, now that it has much less to do with the walkers and more to do with the interactions of the living I find it less appealing. Although I can't see myself ever not tuning in to the original unless at some point we have an entirely new cast. So, I will watch the new show just to see how they deal with the beginning and if it just turns into TWD with a different cast i'll stop watching.