• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Father's Day Weekend set at the Grill: TOR @ TEX 6/16-18

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like he may not have fully recovered from the oblique injury as he seems to be a little tentative the last few games. Give a couple of days off and watch him come roaring back.
The injury part is what I was wondering and then I can understand. This guy was a stud in the lineup and if there is a pitch you have issues with it is going to be hard to figure it out on the bench. He proved himself and was instrumental in our success. Garver was not.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest mock draft from MLB Pipeline:

4. Rangers: Walker Jenkins, OF, South Brunswick HS, Southport, N.C. (No. 4)
The Rangers could be the second-most likely home for Skenes, though their choice probably will come down to Langford, Jenkins and Clark -- and that seems to be their pecking order.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This also from MLB Pipeline:

"If the Pirates do pass on Crews, the Nationals likely would do the same because they're deep in outfield prospects and light on the mound. And Skenes is the Draft's best pitching prospect since Stephen Strasburg, who was the best ever and helped bring Washington a World Series title."

That would mean one of the top 3 hitting prospects for the Rangers, as long as they don't try to get cute.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly does. They don't trust them, sometimes to their own detriment. Mostly, they are afraid they will lose the clubhouse if they don't bend over backwards for the veterans. That is exactly why we have seen so much Calhoun, Culberson, Miller, and Grossman over the last 2 or 3 years.
So why have vets? Why not just let every vet walk as soon as their contract expire?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injury part is what I was wondering and then I can understand. This guy was a stud in the lineup and if there is a pitch you have issues with it is going to be hard to figure it out on the bench. He proved himself and was instrumental in our success. Garver was not.
The problem is that everyone seems to think a day or 2 off means they don’t trust them or that they are hung up on vets. Everyone needs a break some times and playing a 162-game wears players down especially the younger guys. I remember last year when Heim wore down the last few weeks because he had never played a 162 game schedule and he hadn’t trained for it.

And with Garver maybe the injury and surgery might somehow have affected whether he is instrumental

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why have vets? Why not just let every vet walk as soon as their contract expire?
What has that got to do with my comnent?

Why wear baseball gloves?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has that got to do with my comnent?

Why wear baseball gloves?
Read your comment you questioned why a manager chooses to play a vet over another player who is inexperienced and my comment was then why have vets

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure there is a legit reason why Duran is not starting today. To me it looks like Duran is Bochy favorite

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read your comment you questioned why a manager chooses to play a vet over another player who is inexperienced and my comment was then why have vets
Nope, that is not what I said at all. That would include guys like Seager, Lowe, Semien and Garcia. I gave never cone close to saying anything of the sort.

You tends to take comments and twust them into something they aren't, quite often. Why is that? You are doing it on purpose so you must have a reason.

I asked you before and you said you were just feeling sarcastic, but you didn't use that excuse this time. Why do you, so often, take a comment and act as if someone said something different?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure there is a legit reason why Duran is not starting today. To me it looks like Duran is Bochy favorite
Bochy is a great manager.

The problem in discussions either here, on Twitter and anywhere else is that there are some fans who believe great, or even good, managers and GMs are never to be questioned. Thankfully, there is very little of that on here after a few guys left over the last 5 or 6 years.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, that is not what I said at all. That would include guys like Seager, Lowe, Semien and Garcia. I gave never cone close to saying anything of the sort.

You tends to take comments and twust them into something they aren't, quite often. Why is that? You are doing it on purpose so you must have a reason.

I asked you before and you said you were just feeling sarcastic, but you didn't use that excuse this time. Why do you, so often, take a comment and act as if someone said something different?
And why do you consistently act like you know better than anyone else? I value your opinion on 90+% of your posts there are just times when you go off the deep end

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem in discussions either here, on Twitter and anywhere else is that there are some fans who believe great, or even good, managers and GMs are never to be questioned. Thankfully, there is very little of that on here after a few guys left over the last 5 or 6 years.
Every bad decision should be and gets questioned. But I also take into consideration who the manager is. Up until the last week or so I have had little or nothing to question in his decisions. He and his coaches look at each game and the opponents and make up their batting order based on their research and not on we’ve got to use the vets no matter what

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An Astros message board that I look at occasionally bashes Dusty Baker all the time And dusty is going to be in the hall of fame for sure.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why do you consistently act like you know better than anyone else? I value your opinion on 90+% of your posts there are just times when you go off the deep end
Everything I say is my opinion. I have never once indicated that because someone disagrees that that mean I know more than anyone else.

You just constantly have to critique my opinions and others too. You were so awful at doing that back in 2021 that I decided to completely ignore you and I did for over a year. After your leave of absence on here of several months I decided to forget the past and move on. If you decide to keep twisting what I say then I guess I can ignore you again.

Stop blatantly lying about what I say!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LGBTQ community wants to know why the Rangers are the only team not having a Pride night and why MLB hasn’t made them?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every bad decision should be and gets questioned. But I also take into consideration who the manager is. Up until the last week or so I have had little or nothing to question in his decisions. He and his coaches look at each game and the opponents and make up their batting order based on their research and not on we’ve got to use the vets no matter what
You are certainly entitled to that opinion.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Astros message board that I look at occasionally bashes Dusty Baker all the time And dusty is going to be in the hall of fame for sure.
Exactly. It doesn't take a flawless manager to go to the HOF or there would be no managers in it.