• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fat Rob’ says Jay Gruden told him to lose weight because Redskins will run more

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is some misinformation here about the new NFL. Passing yards have always exceeded running yards unless you had a terrible QB and a great RB. So I don't really understand the original premise. You can't not run the ball. It is part of the game that makes football a strategic game. I would say the percentage of yards pass versus run today are higher than 40 years ago. Clearly the rules have improved your chances in the passing game. You still need to run the ball some. I have already illustrated reasons why.

Ok Ill try to preface this with as much a disclaimer as I can. I DO think running the ball has a role in the modern NFL and I DONT think the ideal offense would be to never run the ball. Running the ball CAN provide things to a team.

But...

I think the argument you typed seems a little like a well this is how its always been done so it always should be done this way. Now keeping in mind that Id be surprised if the ideal offense never ran the ball - we dont KNOW what an all passing attack looks like.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I said but I said what I know and am good with that.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not at all. I have not once said that and in fact have said several times that throwing this heavily is pretty reliant on having a solid passing offense. But that having been said its kind of irrelevant what you should do with those guys anyways. You arent winning a SB with Tim Tebow or Mark Sanchez at QB. It doesnt matter what your offense looks like with them because it will be bad.

It doesnt need to be more ideal than them winning. Obviously Im not complaining. I was simply pointing out that its logically flawed to say "see they won when they were running even though they were down. If they had panicked and passed we wouldve been 0-3". That doesnt make sense - we could easily have been more effective by throwing more.

Ehhh not really. For one intangibles are very wishy washy. Its near impossible to prove any of their existence or their effect. Secondly, if they do exist - their impact is already factored into the statistics we talk about. So games with bad weather are part of the data set that shows passing being more effective. Its like if you said that Peyton Manning is lazy and has no heart but Tim Tebow works his ass off and has all the heart in the world. Maybe youd be right. But it wouldnt matter. Because Peyton Manning is still better. And we know this from the data and the film NOT from who has more heart or works harder.

BTW "no heart no soul clinical passing is more effective" is a great line. Why would you not want that. It sums things up perfectly - Get rid of the BS, and go with what we know works.

That's^^^^^^not what I said.

Then throw in your no heart and no soul clinical passing is more effective analysis crap and decide games that way. I'm glad we don't do it that way though.

That's ^^^^^^^what I said.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's^^^^^^not what I said.

Then throw in your no heart and no soul clinical passing is more effective analysis crap and decide games that way. I'm glad we don't do it that way though.

That's ^^^^^^^what I said.

I realize. I was pointing out that you called it that as though it were a bad thing but I view that description as a good thing.

My quote was accurate. I wasn't trying to twist your words.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the argument you typed seems a little like a well this is how its always been done so it always should be done this way.

Not my thoughts. Mine thoughts are based on the game and how it works. You could just as easily reverse that if you were a Ground Chuck (way before your era) If you ran the ball 55 times and passed you would have nine in the box.

It is all about trying to make the opposition think you are doing something you aren't or recognizing what they are going to do and counteracting that. Besides knocking people on their ass it is what is so cool about the game.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the argument you typed seems a little like a well this is how its always been done so it always should be done this way.

Not my thoughts. Mine thoughts are based on the game and how it works. You could just as easily reverse that if you were a Ground Chuck (way before your era) If you ran the ball 55 times and passed you would have nine in the box.

It is all about trying to make the opposition think you are doing something you aren't or recognizing what they are going to do and counteracting that. Besides knocking people on their ass it is what is so cool about the game.

Fair enough. But I still do believe we can't say this definitively. We just haven't seen an offense do it. I do get the benefits of running. I do. But there's still reason to at least wonder what happens if you keep pushing the upper bounds of passing the ball.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Kelley said he has cut his body fat from 18 percent as a rookie to 13 percent.

"Fat Rob" plans to keep the moniker, but it is no longer applicable. Kelley thinks his new body has paid immediate dividends, saying he is "more explosive, faster, getting in and out of cuts a little better." Being in better shape can only help as Kelley tries to hold off fourth-round rookie Samaje Perine.

Source: ESPN
Jun 1 - 10:02 AM

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Kelley said he has cut his body fat from 18 percent as a rookie to 13 percent.

"Fat Rob" plans to keep the moniker, but it is no longer applicable. Kelley thinks his new body has paid immediate dividends, saying he is "more explosive, faster, getting in and out of cuts a little better." Being in better shape can only help as Kelley tries to hold off fourth-round rookie Samaje Perine.

Source: ESPN
Jun 1 - 10:02 AM
It didn't fit him last year either, even if he did lose a couple lbs this offseason. It's a friendly reminder of his past, so it makes sense for him to keep it.

Matt Jones might need a nickname - maybe Matt "Short-sided" Jones. Getting in camp and impressing people is what would be best for his career right now. Instead, he's looking like a diva who has no bargaining power. Basically publicly demanding a trade or release and not showing up instead of working hard and asking behind the scenes for a trade or release... no leverage, no money, no job. What a shame - he's a helluvan athlete.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Jones might need a nickname - maybe Matt "Short-sided" Jones. Getting in camp and impressing people is what would be best for his career right now. Instead, he's looking like a diva who has no bargaining power. Basically publicly demanding a trade or release and not showing up instead of working hard and asking behind the scenes for a trade or release... no leverage, no money, no job. What a shame - he's a helluvan athlete.

Maybe you should try and get him 'Ruzious' WR Plan for Matt Jones. A step by step guide on how to turn a 230 pound tip-toeing through the tulips RB into a top tier #2 WR

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see at mini camp i guess