• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will obviously come off as bias which is why I largely stay out of these debates but...

Rodgers gets taxed for his OL giving him all day but they fail to mention how he manipulates the DL into helping his OL. He sets up the blocks incredibly well which seriously aids him in his play.

Rogers is incredible at keeping a OL between him and the rush. Watch a play last year where the DE had his man beat going to the outside, Rogers steps up in the pocket, so the rusher cut to the inside and Rogers just retreats. All the while keeping the OL between him and the rusher. The OL was just standing in one spot. It was a thing of beauty.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers is incredible at keeping a OL between him and the rush. Watch a play last year where the DE had his man beat going to the outside, Rogers steps up in the pocket, so the rusher cut to the inside and Rogers just retreats. All the while keeping the OL between him and the rusher. The OL was just standing in one spot. It was a thing of beauty.
Agreed. I dont think he has the most arm talent ever but arm talent alone doesn't make the QB...ask Jay Cutler. He just has the perfect combination of everything IMO. I do think Brees doesnt get the credit he deserves because that man puts up video game numbers too. However I think dome teams tend to get discounted a tad. Brady is phenomenal however I dont think he has elite talent to the level of the others. I know I know hold on and listed...

I do think that he is the hardest worker out of all of these guys to maximize what he does have all while having the evil genius...seems almost unfair.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2017-7-10_15-54-21.png

Please for the love of anything holy cut him!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he ain't more creative than Fisher, the Rams made a biiiiiiiggg mistake.

Todd Gurley said he's been "loving" the team's new offense under first-year head coach Sean McVay.

After a year of slamming into brick walls with Jeff Fisher at the control panel, Gurley feels a new sense of purpose in McVay's scheme, which puts a heavy emphasis on "situational" preparation. McVay kept Gurley busy during OTAs, moving him all over the formation. Gurley has also been impressed by Jared Goff's development, noting his "great" play during OTAs and minicamp. The Rams still have a long way to go to return to relevancy, but they'll get there much faster if McVay can get the most out of Goff and Gurley.

I'm buying. Kromer running the Oline. McVay is a highly regarded young offensive mind. Wade Phillips calling the defense. Things could turn around quickly.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Id definitely agree that when i watch Rodgers, i realize i am watching something great. No doubts, so I'm in no way knocking on Rodgers, dude is amazing.

I just don't see anything that really jumps out and says he's better, or at least obviously better, than all the others who are also great and amazing. Sure he can make a throw or two that some of the others can't/ couldn't in their primes. But when the topic is greatest player, that involves more than just physical ability and execution, that involves winning, and winning titles. When everyone in the discussion puts up guady numbers, and they all have arms kissed by the God's, you've gotta find something significant that separates them. Wins and titles mean much much more than QBR and Y/A

True and I get this is a pretty hot takey statement by me and I don't think it's crazy for others to differ but damn I just don't think anybodys been better. But to each his own. An impossible thing to prove really lol

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be hard to convince me that Peyton Manning is not the best QB ever.

I do find it interesting that when you talk about best QB ever, that many of the names mentioned come from arguably terrible divisions where their team dominated.

200.webp

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of great QBs hard to say who would have been the best if they all had identical situations, but obviously that isn't the case and I can only judge them on the careers they've had Brady has the greatest career followed by Montana imo. As for Greatest/best player i've seen it is Reggie White.

Best QB Brady
Best RB close call Marcus Allen or Marshall Faulk or Terrell Davis
Best FB Lorenzo Neal easily
Best WR Sterling Sharpe or Randy Moss
Best TE Gronk easily
Best OLine Bruce Matthews
Best ST Prime
Best DE Reggie
Best DT Suh
Best LB Derrick Thomas or Singletary
Best CB Darrell Green maybe Sherman(If he can keep it up)
Best S Ed Reed

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of great QBs hard to say who would have been the best if they all had identical situations, but obviously that isn't the case and I can only judge them on the careers they've had Brady has the greatest career followed by Montana imo. As for Greatest/best player i've seen it is Reggie White.

Best QB Brady
Best RB close call Marcus Allen or Marshall Faulk or Terrell Davis
Best FB Lorenzo Neal easily
Best WR Sterling Sharpe or Randy Moss
Best TE Gronk easily
Best OLine Bruce Matthews
Best ST Prime
Best DE Reggie
Best DT Suh
Best LB Derrick Thomas or Singletary
Best CB Darrell Green maybe Sherman(If he can keep it up)
Best S Ed Reed
Reggie... awesome, love it. But Sterling Sharpe, Moss, and Derrick Thomas over Rice and L.T.? Interesting

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the good part of LTs career and i can't give Rice a pass for casually admitting he used Stick'um then laughing about it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the good part of LTs career and i can't give Rice a pass for casually admitting he used Stick'um then laughing about it.
Lol.. well, much like the roids in baseball, there were two types, ones who admitted doing them, and those who didn't admit it

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, man. Rice is by far the best WR of all time. He checks all the boxes. And you're bringing up the stick 'em quote as justification for putting someone ahead of him in a GOAT discussion? That's petty, man.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, man. Rice is by far the best WR of all time. He checks all the boxes. And you're bringing up the stick 'em quote as justification for putting someone ahead of him in a GOAT discussion? That's petty, man.

I'd take any player that i knew cheated off and he freely admitted it then when there was some backlash he even tried to back peddle.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel like theres a case for Moss

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like theres a case for Moss
Self admitting to "playing when he wants to", never being the guy who would go over the middle pretty much disqualifies him from the discussion in my book, personally i think T.O. was a better all around WR than Moss.
Just can't see how to realistically make a strong case for anyone other than Rice at WR, he's just that much better than everyone else. Big time debate for #2 though!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they all used 'Stick-um' back in those days, no?

I remember reading a story about Belitnikoff back in the Raiders' heyday where Stabler threw a pass behind him and it stuck to the back of his helmet. :pound::pound::pound:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember reading a story about Belitnikoff back in the Raiders' heyday where Stabler threw a pass behind him and it stuck to the back of his helmet. :pound::pound::pound:
Dude had that shit on his arms, pants, socks and of course hands!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it was basically everyone. . Like i said, same rain i really don't look differently at Bonds, Big Mac, Sosa..etc.., there were two types, those that admit it, and those that didn't. .none that simply didn't do it.

Besides, with the alien material receiver gloves are made with today, they're stickier than stick um when they touch leather, so what's the difference?