• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not a fun fact here and also not a fantasy football comment but...what do you all think of this crazy idea I've begun to think....

Aaron Rodgers is the best NFL player ever. And it might not even be close (imo).

Ok now tell me why I'm crazy.
hard for me not to say brady

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a knock on Bell. The point I was trying to make was that in a PPR, 16-team league with the number 1 pick, you can't go wrong taking David Johnson. Especially if he's seriously considering Antonio Brown 1st overall instead.
no, but i think u can argue a regression for johnson, and bell being equally good/better

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not a fun fact here and also not a fantasy football comment but...what do you all think of this crazy idea I've begun to think....

Aaron Rodgers is the best NFL player ever. And it might not even be close (imo).

That's like trying to explain to someone why water is wet. He just isn't. Not even the best QB of his time, let alone player ever. Going on everything together, Brady smokes him, going in numbers alone, taking titles out of it, I'd rather have Brees. Peyton Manning is way ahead of him in this discussion as well, and that without bringing up ancient history. Favre, Marino, Elway, Montana, and on and on, down to Starr, all could be easily argued as at minimum as good, if not hands down better. And that's just at QB, I think JJ Watt is a better football player, Jerry Rice certainly was, L.T. (both L.T.'s, now that i think about out), Butkus...

With no titles, no all time records, and having accrued his entire pile of numbers in the pass happy, "can't touch receivers", era, id live to hear real, rational, based in reality, evidence as to why he'd even be in the conversation.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, but i think u can argue a regression for johnson, and bell being equally good/better
If you remember I had the #1 pick for suicide. I did my due diligence on both Johnson and Bell. Seriously considered Bell at one. But in the end, his lack of TD was the main factor.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Fantasy Pros..................used to be $15 to get damn near everything they offer but now they want $35 a year and you don't get as much as last year. Bastards..................I've been with them for 4-5 years and I'm feeling fucked over.

I ponied up the $35.00 Sam and I agree it sucks. They are just getting too damn popular. I can't do without the mock drafts though. Feel free to use my login if you haven't already paid for it. You won't be able to import your team, but you can do as many mock drafts as you want. Just let me know.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think this is crazy, but I'm more likely to say he's the most talented passer in NFL history than the best player, just because of the rings. Although I'm still not sure I put him ahead of Marino in that category, but I'd say they are 1a and 1b and eventually Rodgers will be the clear #1.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ponied up the $35.00 Sam and I agree it sucks. They are just getting too damn popular. I can't do without the mock drafts though. Feel free to use my login if you haven't already paid for it. You won't be able to import your team, but you can do as many mock drafts as you want. Just let me know.
the sites do mocks

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man but I already paid..............not being able to mock my keeper league is gonna suck though..........and that was like another $20.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people greatly factor championships in when discussing the greatest of all time.

Correct which is why I feel like me saying that is very "hot takey". But I personally think championships are overrated in discussions of greatest ever.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am splitting the PFF cost with my brother in law and a third person.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brady wins for best career. But I have a hard time calling him the best player. I just dont think he can do what Rodgers does.
That's quite possibly true.. but, when Brady was early 30's, he could do everything Rodgers does now very very nearly equally, except run of course, plus he made (makes) less mistakes, and led (leads) his team to more victories. So does that fractional amount of being able you do a few things ever so slightly better, make up for the vast differences in what really matters, winning?

Btw, i don't think I've ever seen anyone as consistantly as accurate, for as long, as Brady had been, so Rodgers doesn't do everything having to do with throwing the ball better.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like trying to explain to someone why water is wet. He just isn't. Not even the best QB of his time, let alone player ever. Going on everything together, Brady smokes him, going in numbers alone, taking titles out of it, I'd rather have Brees. Peyton Manning is way ahead of him in this discussion as well, and that without bringing up ancient history. Favre, Marino, Elway, Montana, and on and on, down to Starr, all could be easily argued as at minimum as good, if not hands down better. And that's just at QB, I think JJ Watt is a better football player, Jerry Rice certainly was, L.T. (both L.T.'s, now that i think about out), Butkus...

With no titles, no all time records, and having accrued his entire pile of numbers in the pass happy, "can't touch receivers", era, id live to hear real, rational, based in reality, evidence as to why he'd even be in the conversation.

Brady does have a more impressive career yes. Brady is the GOAT if you go by career accomplishments. But I dont really think that should be the same as best player.

Im not sure anybody really has Rodgers beat on numbers. Brees, Brady, and Peyton were all at it longer so their counting stats are better for their careers but that seems like an odd way of comparing them. Brees and Peyton do average more yards per game for their careers but thats really the only place they edge him. Rodgers has the edge in TD rate, INT rate, y/att, ANY/A, and passer rating.

Then on the field...sheesh. Ill admit I cant fairly compare him to Montana, Marino, Unitas or any of those older guys. But compared to Brady, Peyton, and Brees? Hes doing stuff they just cant do. I mean he makes the most outrageous throws Ive ever seen in my life on a regular casual basis. When I watch him I feel like I am watching the best player in the NFL for whatever thats worth.

As for titles and records? He has 1 title. And he is currently the alltime leader in career passer rating, single season passer rating, and career touchdown to int ratio.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is crazy, but I'm more likely to say he's the most talented passer in NFL history than the best player, just because of the rings. Although I'm still not sure I put him ahead of Marino in that category, but I'd say they are 1a and 1b and eventually Rodgers will be the clear #1.

I would agree with that. Most talented fits my idea of best player ever more than best career does I think. And unfortunately I cant comment on Marino but Ill admit that thats a flaw in my claim. Didnt watch him or Montana.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's quite possibly true.. but, when Brady was early 30's, he could do everything Rodgers does now very very nearly equally, except run of course, plus he made (makes) less mistakes, and led (leads) his team to more victories. So does that fractional amount of being able you do a few things ever so slightly better, make up for the vast differences in what really matters, winning?

Btw, i don't think I've ever seen anyone as consistantly as accurate, for as long, as Brady had been, so Rodgers doesn't do everything having to do with throwing the ball better.

Maybe Id give you accuracy. Maybe. But I think the average degree of difficulty on a Rodgers throw is higher.

I dont buy that Brady could do everything Rodgers could. Physically hes unmatched by anyone for at least as long as Ive been following the NFL.

Less mistakes Im not sure about either. Im not sure anybody makes fewer mistakes than Rodgers. As good as Brady is at that - Rodgers is better. Which is also ridiculous when you consider how much he plays like hes just playin in the backyard with his friends.

As for winning...

upload_2017-7-10_14-7-52.jpeg

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Id definitely agree that when i watch Rodgers, i realize i am watching something great. No doubts, so I'm in no way knocking on Rodgers, dude is amazing.

I just don't see anything that really jumps out and says he's better, or at least obviously better, than all the others who are also great and amazing. Sure he can make a throw or two that some of the others can't/ couldn't in their primes. But when the topic is greatest player, that involves more than just physical ability and execution, that involves winning, and winning titles. When everyone in the discussion puts up guady numbers, and they all have arms kissed by the God's, you've gotta find something significant that separates them. Wins and titles mean much much more than QBR and Y/A

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, give Rodgers another 5-8 years, keeping yoo what's he's been doing, hopefully he wins another SB or 2, then is entertain him being in the discussing for greatest player. But you me, its Brady, Montana, L.T. (56 not 21), and Rice, then everyone else

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, give Rodgers another 5-8 years, keeping yoo what's he's been doing, hopefully he wins another SB or 2, then is entertain him being in the discussing for greatest player. But you me, its Brady, Montana, L.T. (56 not 21), and Rice, then everyone else

Damnit man I hope so and not for the constant measuring contest of who is the GOAT. :suds:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say that out of all the QB greats, hard pressed to find any of them that can turn a sack into a TD like Rodgers.

Just looking over some of his top throws, Brady takes a sack on those plays or throws the ball away or checks down. He doesn't make the same play Rodgers does, not necessarily because he can't but it's just not how he plays. Prob more to do with BB than Brady's playing style.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say that out of all the QB greats, hard pressed to find any of them that can turn a sack into a TD like Rodgers.

Just looking over some of his top throws, Brady takes a sack on those plays or throws the ball away or checks down. He doesn't make the same play Rodgers does, not necessarily because he can't but it's just not how he plays. Prob more to do with BB than Brady's playing style.
I will obviously come off as bias which is why I largely stay out of these debates but...

Rodgers gets taxed for his OL giving him all day but they fail to mention how he manipulates the DL into helping his OL. He sets up the blocks incredibly well which seriously aids him in his play.