• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this kid....................too bad nobody will get him the ball.............was thinking that BMarsh, Decker and Smith would give Geno/Fitz plenty of opportunities to over/under throw open receivers quite often...........hope he gets to back to 100%

(FFChamps) The New York Jets invested a high 2nd round pick on wide receiver Devin Smith in this year's draft but the former Ohio state speedster will miss nearly all of Training Camp and the Preseason with broken ribs.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true IMO this will change a lot of late drafts...............honestly I have him at the tail end of my redraft rankings cuz last I heard he wasn't on track to play until the middle of the season.

(Rotoworld) Coach Jeff Fisher said Friday the Rams are "very, very encouraged" with Todd Gurley's (ACL) recovery, but acknowledged Gurley is "not 100 percent" or ready to play in football games. Analysis: "Todd did a great job on the conditioning test," Fisher said. "He's not 100 percent. He's not ready to play in a game right now. ... We'll just kind of add things as we move forward." Gurley has been limited to individual drills so far in training camp. We might see him play in the third preseason game

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do interceptions count as incomplete passes????????

(USA Today) Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III did not throw an incompletion during team drills Friday, July 31. Griffin appears to be going through his progressions and throwing to secondary targets during some the snaps.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do interceptions count as incomplete passes????????

(USA Today) Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III did not throw an incompletion during team drills Friday, July 31. Griffin appears to be going through his progressions and throwing to secondary targets during some the snaps.
What they didn't tell you was that the defense was getting rehydrated while Griffin was going through his progressions. ;)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Josh McCown's showing all the potential of being a top-five quarterback in the NFL," Bowe said of the 36-year-old passer, per The Plain Dealer.
Compared to Alex Smith?
lol
Maybe Bowe was the problem?
I still remember that Niners playoff game when Alex Smith looked incredibly good. Was thinking he might have turned the corner... but he didn't. Smith has it in him. Maybe having Maclin will help?
As for McCown, he looked pretty good in Marc Testman's system. But not good in Lovie's.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martavis Bryant will undergo a minor procedure for an elbow infection.

Bryant is expected to be sidelined 7-10 days. He'll likely be held out of Pittsburgh's preseason opener. Bryant's elbow issue isn't a long-term concern.
Like Gronk's infection was minor?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still remember that Niners playoff game when Alex Smith looked incredibly good. Was thinking he might have turned the corner... but he didn't. Smith has it in him. Maybe having Maclin will help?
Alex Smith has been a solid QB2 whenever he's had close to a full season. You may not like how he gets it done, but he gets it done.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...And just like that, Blount is back! The fun is only beginning in New England. :nod:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Left tackle Anthony Castonzo confirmed that he’s discussing a new deal with the Colts, as Zak Keefer of the Indy Star writes. Recently, team owner Jim Irsay expressed optimism about getting a new deal done with the tackle, so it’s not a big surprise to hear that the two sides have started on contract talks.

“We have a little time with trying to work on a few extensions,” Irsay said. “There’s no reason Anthony Castonzo and T.Y. Hilton can’t get done. Look for us to keep core players and our top players. I don’t think it’ll be a distraction. I can’t see why we can’t get something done before Labor Day with T.Y. and Anthony.”

As a former first-round pick with a fifth-year option, Castonzo will earn a $7.438MM salary this season if he doesn’t agree to a new deal. Castonzo, who turns 27 on Sunday, took over the Colts’ left tackle job on a full-time basis shortly after being selected by the club in the first round of the 2011 draft. In 2013, he ranked 27th out of 76 qualified offensive tackles, according to Pro Football Focus’ advanced metrics (subscription required). In 2014, he placed 12th out of 84 qualified tackles, likely increasing his value even further. For his part, Castonzo isn’t sweating a new deal.

If you play well, you get taken care of, that’s sort of the way I see it,” Castonzo said Monday morning.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Ellington is dealing with a "tight" hamstring.
It's obviously not a major issue, but a reminder of Ellington's fragility, and the absurdity of coach Bruce Arians' claim that Ellington will handle 20 weekly touches this season. Ellington simply isn't durable enough to be a full-time back, and the sooner the Cardinals realize as such, the better. It should be noted that rookie David Johnson is nursing a tight hammy, as well. Aug 3 - 2:16 PM

Shocking...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Ellington is dealing with a "tight" hamstring.
It's obviously not a major issue, but a reminder of Ellington's fragility, and the absurdity of coach Bruce Arians' claim that Ellington will handle 20 weekly touches this season. Ellington simply isn't durable enough to be a full-time back, and the sooner the Cardinals realize as such, the better. It should be noted that rookie David Johnson is nursing a tight hammy, as well. Aug 3 - 2:16 PM

Shocking...

I was thinking the same thing about the 20 carries, but we've gotta remember this is coachspeak time. Maybe we shouldn't ask a coach. Maybe we should...

...Ask Kerwynn Williams! ;)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJax getting into game shape...

DeSean Jackson: Revis, Sherman can't cover me

DeSean Jackson believes in himself. Let there be no doubt.

"I don't think no one can guard me," Jackson told reporters on Monday at training camp, via ESPN.com. "It's how I feel about myself. I don't feel no one can stop me. You can get Darrelle Revis, Richard Sherman -- whoever you want to get."

Play NFL Fantasy Football!

The proclamation came after a reporter asked Jackson how new Redskins teammate Chris Culliver had fared in coverage against him during practice. Jackson, entering his second year in Washington, believes his combination of speed, hands and agility makes him a nightmare for opposing defenders. He also hopes to have more than the 56 receptions he finished with a year ago, though, he knows that's not all in his control.

"I always love to do more," Jackson said. "Whatever opportunity I get to make a play I'll make the most of my skills. To score touchdowns, to have energy, to light my team up, to get everyone riled up, to continue to go on the field and play at a high level. I just try to set the tempo, playing at a high level and everyone else can follow."

Jackson dipped below the radar last season as Washington stumbled to a 4-12 finish, but he remained a dangerous playmaker. He led the NFL with 13 catches over 40 yards, five receptions better than the next closest man. He averaged nearly 21 yards per reception, also far beyond any other contemporary.

By the way, Jackson will see Revis when the Redskins and Jets meet on Oct. 18. But before that, let's go ahead and start the countdown until Revis is asked his thoughts about DJax.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Lovie Smith confirmed Doug Martin will be the Bucs' "lead" back this season.

"We talked about being able to establish the run," said Smith. "Doug will be the lead guy doing that, so it's very important that we open up some holes and let him do his thing." On a Bucs team with a 6.5-game Vegas Win Total, Martin is expected to be a two-down back only, ceding passing-down snaps to Charles Sims. Still, Martin has value-pick potential at his seventh-round ADP.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy with the deal. Wilson isn't going anywhere, so he'll get those guarantees. He's no Kaep, not even close.
Sure, but that's not really the point of the article.