• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around the NFL

Matthews, Graham could be Seahawks red-zone stars
Fair warning to the rest of the NFC: The Seahawks' biggest 2014 weakness figures to be a team strength this season.

Seattle's pivotal Week 11 loss at Kansas City highlighted the passing-game's failures in the red zone. With no size or physicality at wide receiver and tight end, the offense was too reliant on Marshawn Lynch's power and Russell Wilson's elusiveness in the compressed area in front of the goal line.

That won't be a problem this year with three-time Pro Bowl tight end Jimmy Graham and surprising Super Bowl XLIX star Chris Matthews poised for major roles.

Stationed at training camp in Renton, NFL Media's Steve Wyche noted that Matthews is mixing into the rotation with Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse on the first-team offense.

The Seahawks unveiled a "jumbo" package featuring Graham, Matthews and No. 2 tight end Luke Willson in red-zone drills, Wyche added.

This is a scary thought for opposing defenses geared up to stop Lynch.

Even if Matthews' questionable speed and shaky route running leave him in the No. 3 role, he showed a huge catch radius and a knack for winning at the catch point in the Super Bowl. Those attributes are perfectly suited for red-zone success.

Graham's late-season fade while playing through a painful shoulder injury should not obscure his status as the game's dominant red-zone receiver when healthy and motivated.

Flip on NFL Game Pass and watch Browns Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden clinging to Graham's legs like a toddler in Week 2 of 2014.

Wilson now has the luxury of throwing to a 6-foot-7 tight end and a 6-foot-5 wide receiver after struggling to connect with a bevy of pocket-sized targets in the end zone last season.

That major upgrade in red-zone weaponry is one of many reasons the Seahawks remain the team to beat in the NFC.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200.gif

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Falcons' website, Leonard Hankerson has been "the best wide receiver at Flowery Branch so far."

It should be noted that Roddy White is taking it slow on his balky knee. Still, Hankerson appears to have parlayed his big spring into a productive early summer. "I think it’s the length, he’s got such a big catching radius," coach Dan Quinn said. "You’ve probably seen some of the sideline plays, he’s got such a knack for keeping it in bounds and going to stretch for the ball, so that’s probably one of the biggest things that stand out for me with Hankerson." Hankerson has the inside track on the Falcons' third receiver job.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many times can we hear how leonard hankerson looks great then does nothing in the reg season, granted the redskins do that to people

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hankerson has never really had a QB. I wish him well

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston in a whole heap of trouble. Both Foster and Blue hurt and Foster might require surgery.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston in a whole heap of trouble. Both Foster and Blue hurt and Foster might require surgery.
There goes my suicide season lol...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Polk has a lil' hammy tweak as well. Wow.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Rotoworld...

The Buffalo News believes it's "really possible" the Bills name Tyrod Taylor their starting quarterback.

Taylor, Matt Cassel and E.J. Manuel split reps evenly throughout the offseason program, with Cassel performing the poorest. It's not that far-fetched to suggest Taylor could beat out Manuel and his 58.6 career completion percentage. Rex Ryan appears most enthusiastic about Taylor, the quarterback he "hand picked." Taylor has never started an NFL game, spending the last four years as Joe Flacco's backup.
Cassel's in Buffalo?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read the same hype over Stevie. I'm not against him, but since I've been burned by players and coachspeak like that in the past (a player with limited body of work) to me there are more solid options at WR.
He's the number 3 receiver there anyway.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, The NFL is now a pass dominated league. My question is which team will have the best Pass Defense ?
I'd like to know what people think before I enter my fantasy league's 2015 draft. Thanks.
Cleveland is who I'd put the safe bet on. Seattle is technically number 1 but I just don't think they will be as good without Maxwell and if he had an impact, Quinn.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not very high on Latavius.
2014 - 39 & 47
2013 - 22 & 47
2012 - 28 & 41
2011 - 9 & 34
2010 - 6 & 27

Those are standard league rankings of the top 2 OAK RBs for the past 5 years.
They haven't had a RB I want on my team since Hue Jackson coached there.

Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard have a good shot at replicating those 2010 rankings, but I don't think the Murray/Helu combo get it done.
At least you can draft Helu at a spot (right now) where he doesn't burn you.
Murray has to be drafted fairly early if you want him or you aren't getting him this year.
I'd rather take my chances on different RBs and WRs for my teams.

One thing in their favor, they should be seeing a lot of prevent defenses in the 2nd half, which typically translates to a nice yardage boost, but rarely is that production sustainable. Usually very hit or miss.

They haven't had a competent coach since Hue either. And raiders have been doing RBBCs also, I can't recall the last time a RB was given the reigns. Murray did late last year but he didn't get the TDs. Musgrave is a run first OC and they said at the beginning of the year the offense would center around Murray or whoever wins the job. They actually said Murray but then they go and get Helu and TRich. The blowouts are the issue.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't had a competent coach since Hue either. And raiders have been doing RBBCs also, I can't recall the last time a RB was given the reigns. Murray did late last year but he didn't get the TDs. Musgrave is a run first OC and they said at the beginning of the year the offense would center around Murray or whoever wins the job. They actually said Murray but then they go and get Helu and TRich. The blowouts are the issue.
That's Not exactly how it went down. In all those years Monkey mentioned, the only time they had anything resembling a committee was the last year they had both DMC and Bush, and last year with DMC and MJD, all other years it was DMC 75-80% of the time, until he got hurt, than it was some other guy, 75-80% of the time, whet that was Bush, Reece, Jennings, or most recently Murray..that's why they had two RB'S in the top 50, not because of committees.
If DMC could have ever stayed healthy, there wouldn't be a second back ranked, and they'd likely have a guy consistently in the top 15, some years likely top 5.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to Alex Smith?
In all honesty, McCown isn't about just throwing to whoever's open, he knows how to target his guy. If it's Bowe, that's great for Bowe.