• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Extra Inning Pace of Play Experiments

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot girls get in free.

That would increase attendance for the younger generation

I like where you're headed here, Frank. Spitballing the next level; how 'bout they get their first beer gratis if they're not wearing panties?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot girls get in free.

That would increase attendance for the younger generation
I doubt it would increase attendance in Boston but for the cities with hot women it would work out well.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it would increase attendance in Boston but for the cities with hot women it would work out well.

I realize that it's just a joke, but I went to school for a while in Boston. There's some hot bishes up there. A lot of them have that annoying fucking accent, so you have to duct tape a tube sock in their mouths, but they're still hot.

I was just in Baltimore a few weeks ago. That city might have the ugliest population in the country.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that it's just a joke, but I went to school for a while in Boston. There's some hot bishes up there. A lot of them have that annoying fucking accent, so you have to duct tape a tube sock in their mouths, but they're still hot.

I was just in Baltimore a few weeks ago. That city might have the ugliest population in the country.
Oh, its just a joke. Boston is a huge ass city so it has more hot women than smaller cities. In Missouri, we have a huge number of germans and german women don't have a good rep. Lots of Irish women, too, and thats probably not the highest on most people's list.

I think the Southwest stadiums would crush everyone else in the hot women department. Cali has asian women, latinas and white girls with tans who will look like prunes in their 40s but hot as hell in their 20s. Arizona has the college party scene down. Utah has all of the hot conservative women.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, its just a joke. Boston is a huge ass city so it has more hot women than smaller cities. In Missouri, we have a huge number of germans and german women don't have a good rep. Lots of Irish women, too, and thats probably not the highest on most people's list.

I work for a company in MO, so I go through StL pretty often. There are some hotties, but generally I agree with your assessment. Ohio isn't much different. StL & Cleveland might not have the hottest population, but at least we're not Baltimore!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston is a huge ass city so it has more hot women than smaller cities.

Boston also has more college students than anywhere else in the country, so it has the college girls thing going for it.

Of course, that's not really my wheelhouse. I'm partial to the 35-40 MILF set.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among other "Pace of Play" experiments they're trying a new rule in the minors, where extra innings would start with a runner on 2nd. How would they determine which runner is on 2nd?? Would it be the last out from the previous inning or what?

without reading the thread..but I heard the WBC will be doing this as well

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having seen this at the indy league level, I can say for certain that it doesn't do much except add urgency to the 11th inning. It does make it interesting, even exciting to some end ... but a regular extra-inning game will do the same thing, as I recall from Game 6 of a couple of W.S. in my lifetime.

Let's hope this is equivalent to the orange ball that C.O. Finley wanted.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, that's not really my wheelhouse. I'm partial to the 35-40 MILF set.

Once you get to my age, the number of available women exceeds about 40 percent of the female population.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'beauty of baseball' also creates that disconnect between the 'winning 95 games and not the 11 or 12' as you put it. The deepest teams and the best playoffs teams are often different breeds.
I agree that regular season play is different from playoff play. But I a man actually a fan of that dichotomy. It makes it a bit of a bi-athalon. You have to be a good marathon runner AND a good sprinter. Adds difficulty to the roster building aspect of the sport.

If you don't have a good #5 starter, you may have difficulty getting to the playoffs, but if you don't have 2 Aces, you will have a hard time winning the World Series.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for speeding up the game but this idea is absolutely stupid. Hope it is just that; A thought and nothing more.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like where you're headed here, Frank. Spitballing the next level; how 'bout they get their first beer gratis if they're not wearing panties?

Excellent idea, That would definitely help attendance.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with that is having to listen to the Boston women speak in that god awful accent.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I botched this figure. I quickly added up the wins and losses of each team and apparently went too fast. What's crazy is that the wins and losses I tallied both added up to 2,357, so I thought I was accurate. I only counted 9 of the Marlins' 79 wins and only 6 of the Cardinals' 76 losses. I missed two key strokes, both sevens, one in the win column and one in the loss, which explains why the totals were equal.

I'm getting old. I used to be like greased lightening and accurate as fuck on a ten key. Two errors out of sixty entries. Getting old's a bitch.
That's a lot of unnecessary work. (162 games x 30 teams) /2 =2430 games. Now just look at the standings to see if any games were missed and not made up. There were 2. So 2428 games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you ever been to a Reds game? I'd say they would be in the running with Baltimore.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like it'd be a rule change searching for a problem. It's basically the same problem NASCAR has been dealing with for the past 15 years or so and NASCAR is in serious decline. It seems like this is geared towards preventing the half-dozen games a season that go beyond 12 innings. That's not a large enough proportion of the season to necessitate a rule change.

If the goal is to speed up the pace of the game for the millennial generation, add a pitch clock and enforce hitters not being able to step out (it seems like they've already gotten lax on that). Or look at making relief pitchers complete pitching to at least 2 hitters except in case of injury to reduce the amount of situational pitching changes late in games. Even then, you're still probably only cutting about 10 minutes off the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like it'd be a rule change searching for a problem. It's basically the same problem NASCAR has been dealing with for the past 15 years or so and NASCAR is in serious decline. It seems like this is geared towards preventing the half-dozen games a season that go beyond 12 innings. That's not a large enough proportion of the season to necessitate a rule change.

If the goal is to speed up the pace of the game for the millennial generation, add a pitch clock and enforce hitters not being able to step out (it seems like they've already gotten lax on that). Or look at making relief pitchers complete pitching to at least 2 hitters except in case of injury to reduce the amount of situational pitching changes late in games. Even then, you're still probably only cutting about 10 minutes off the game.

As someone who grew up watching NASCAR, you are exactly right. I used to be a big fan, but not anymore.

I wrote about it recently on my blog and wanted to post it somewhere here, but can't seem to find a racing forum. haha! NASCAR Blows Its Engine