• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expectations for Trevor Siemian

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed the other day - Bronco players were calling him Tmoney. A sign of respect.

Honestly I think that is maybe the one aspect that has impressed me the most about this kid. He has really won over the team. The players have been speaking highly of him even before he won the job. I remember listening to some of the media guys say they were having players secretly tell them they were hoping Siemian would win the job. So not just a matter of him out playing the other guys but that he has the full support of the coaches and players right now.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectations for Siemian were exceeded the day he wasn't cut. All gravy from then to now to the future.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It never ceases to amaze me when the players and coaches know more about their teammates/players than us fans and the media. :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His full nickname is Tmoney Wiggle

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectations for Siemian were exceeded the day he wasn't cut. All gravy from then to now to the future.

This is because you suffer from the "Fear of being called a Homer." A debilitating malady that afflicts the cautious among us. The odds are - things are going to go well for the Broncos.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian could very well be the real deal. But it is still early. His first two games were serviceable, but not awe inspiring. His third game, with him starting out rough only to finish very strong, was the most impressive outing. Not easy for a young QB to "right the ship" mid-game like that. The real test will come in the next few weeks now that teams have game film. If Siemian shows he can adapt to other teams keying on him, we very well may have something special on our hands.

Siemian is now 4-0 and Elway pulled him from the game to get Lynch in.

You better get Elway away from the telephone.....

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian is now 4-0 and Elway pulled him from the game to get Lynch in.

You better get Elway away from the telephone.....

I think it was more about not wanting to chance it with Siemian. Sounds like Siemian is out 1-2 games so we will see what happens in 2-3 weeks

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was day to day?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a short week following ATL, I could see a 2 game sit for Sieman.

Will he be Wally Pipped if Lynch goes 2-0 with 60% 3 TD 1 INT and 230 yards per game?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch was out there throwing HEAT yesterday. and damn he looks big and agile and a long strider in space. Trevor was playing decent before he went out as well besides getting hit and getting a few sacks. Oline didn't look good (sambrailo)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian could have returned as the emergency QB in Sunday's game - so I think he will start next week. We shall see.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this has been one of the major knocks on Siemain even before coming into the NFL. Injuries are a part of the game but obviously some players are a little more prone to them. This morning they were talking on the radio about how his college coach talked about injuries being what kept Siemian from really taking control of being their starter. So at least we have a quality back up for when things like this happen. I hope he is good as he has proven more than I ever thought he could in such a short time but I also wouldn't mind if he sat out a couple of games just to make sure he is good. An A/C Joint injury is not something to mess around with. Even if it is the non-throwing injury there are still great risks for deciding to play.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view this thread in an entirely different light after yesterday's game. I started this thread to be a growing conversation about our 7th round pick starting at QB. Through the first 3 games I never ruled out the possibility Siemian would play himself into the long-term starter role in Denver. I wasn't predicting it, simply acknowledging the possibility.

For no fault of his own, Siemian had to give way to Lynch yesterday.

Now granted a limited relief appearance is not enough of a sample to go and proclaim the Broncos winners of the AFC West the next 7 years, with AT LEAST 3 SB wins in there, (which is a prediction I have seen a Raiders fan make about the Raiders) but I am definitely of the belief that there is no way the Broncos don't eventually transition to Lynch. It may not be this year. But seeing that athleticism and raw talent in a tough situation in a road game...it's obvious why Elway picked this guy.

I am still rooting for Siemian to get well, and I am glad he is a part of our team. If the Broncos bring him back to start after he heals I believe the offense will be in good hands. With either him or Lynch I would not rule out the Broncos chances for a repeat. But I am not so certain Siemian can be reasonably expected to play himself into the long term starting role here.

My expectations are shifting toward something like him being on the roster through 2017 and going into the final year of his contract being traded for 2nd or 3rd round pick, depending on his performances between now and then.

Who knows?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say, "put the kid in!" Ummm, I guess that doesn't clarify things much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say, "put the kid in!" Ummm, I guess that doesn't clarify things much.

At this point I'm not sure you can go wrong with either. Lynch can do some things that Siemian can't but I do think Lynch could be just a bit of a loose cannon at times. Throw in you do have to limit your playbook just a bit with Lynch compared to Siemian. Siemian though doesn't quite have the athleticism of Lynch and I don't think Siemian is the type that will push the ball as hard down the field. Yes those 2 great deep balls against the Bengals were great but we saw last year with Osweiler that a couple of nice deep balls (like against the Patriots) doesn't mean they are a consistent threat to worry about. Teams will back off a bit but need to see more.

Still both have the offense looking pretty good.

Just some cool stats for the day...

99.6 is the QB rating Siemian has so far through 4 games. That is up 23.3 compared to the combination of Manning and Osweiler from last year. That is a jump from 31st in the NFL to now 10th in QB play in the NFL. When you take out Siemian's first start that was a bit rough his QB Rating is 110.2 which is 3rd best in the NFL over the last 3-game stretch.

Lynch in the 2nd half of the game yesterday had a QB rating of 107. So for all those who were saying that our QB situation is the worst in the NFL (looking at you Colin Cowherd) right now it is looking more like we have a top-10 QB situation on our hands in this league.

-29.5 has been the average drop off of the QB rating when QB's play the Broncos compared to anyone else so far this season. Jameis Winston had a QB rating of 40.1 this past weekend.

Another great stat...Broncos have started 4-0 8 times in their history. 6 of those they went to the Super Bowl and all 3 of our Super Bowl victories happened after the team started 4-0. So they have shown this usually has not just been an early season success but an entire season of success.