• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN pulls announcer Robert Lee from UVA home opener

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN lost a lot of viewers because they did stupid stuff thinking it wouldn't hurt them. A show like Cold Pizza was fun.

Website format changes a lot and not as easy finding some things.

When people like Jim Rome and Colin Cowherd talk about something controversial, they canned them. They air bowling, billiards, and other stuff way too much. I am talking replays. Showing NCAA Championship live for unpopular sports is fine. They don't need to air 4 hours of Mike and Mike and 1st Take.

Those are some reasons I stopped watching as much.
I stopped watching because Sportscenter is BLICK

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you WANT them to lose viewers over it because you are butthurt and hope people who don't share you opinion/agenda are punished.

The reality is different, but you're not one to care about reality.
Boys boys...lets be civilized here. Did I quit watching the Lifetime Movie Network when they aired a "based on true events" movie about my first marriage? No, but thats not the point here

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN lost a lot of viewers because they did stupid stuff thinking it wouldn't hurt them. A show like Cold Pizza was fun.

When people like Jim Rome and Colin Cowherd talk about something controversial, they canned them. They air bowling, billiards, and other stuff way too much. I am talking replays. Showing NCAA Championship live for unpopular sports is fine. They don't need to air 4 hours of Mike and Mike and 1st Take.

I never liked any of those shows.

College Football Final was good until they fucked it over. Everyone cried about Holtz and May, but it sure was a good show.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boys boys...lets be civilized here. Did I quit watching the Lifetime Movie Network when they aired a "based on true events" movie about my first marriage? No, but thats not the point here

He'll be watching ESPN all season long. It's all just blowhard bullshit.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry but aside from the two sports babes Cold Pizza sucked. That is where I was unfortunately made of aware of Skip fuckin' Bayless

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for some reason, people cheer it without realizing what they are actually cheering is...having to pay more to watch sports. It's not a good thing.
It's a good thing if it means also paying less (or not paying) for other things in which a person has no interest in watching, thus off setting the increased costs for live sports.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing if it means also paying less (or not paying) for other things in which a person has no interest in watching, thus off setting the increased costs for live sports.

I do pay much less. But I still have to buy some "bundles" with sling TV just to get ESPN. Still, I only pay for 5 months a year.

I wonder if I would get a much better deal if I was just buying ESPN channels, or if I would just get less channels.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think ESPN is necessarily losing a ton of viewers because of some political things they've pulled the past few years. I think they are losing viewers because people don't need them to get their sports news and highlights anymore. I used to watch Sportscenter a few times a day about 15 years ago (first thing in the morning, and right before bed). I honestly can't remember the last time I watched Sportscenter. I don't think most my sports minded friends do either anymore...at least not as consistently as we did when we were in our 20's.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think ESPN is necessarily losing a ton of viewers because of some political things ....
4down20 was right about this. ESPN is losing out because people who don't watch live sports are finding that netflix and over-the-air HDTV signals are perfectly good ways of getting all of the entertainment they want.

It isn't politics. It's economics. The result is that in a few years (very few, I think) cable television will either go to an a la carte system, or it will die out in deference to streaming. (Maybe both.)

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3